Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery yesterday morning. I've been sleeping on and off. Waking every ten to push pain med button. Other than that all went well.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations and happy healing doll!!!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using the BariatricPal App

Gastric bypass was at 2 pm yesterday andi have to say that while it was quite a bit more painful than I was expecting, I feel a lot better over all than I thoughti would! So far I have almost no nausea and I'm able to walk fine. But holy cow the dry mouth is real! Luckily they let me suck on a few pieces of ice every hour. Peeing is such a pain, wiping more specifically . I can't believe this is real! This really happened! I want to use this hospital time to reflect on what serious changes I need/want to make with my diet. I cheated on my preop diet a few times but I made sure to get right back to it which I never did in the past. Gotta keep moving forward now!

Also did anyone else who had the surgery already get a drain?

Good luck to everyone going in. I was so terrified, and now I'm so freaking happy!

I had my RNY in August of last year, so if you ever want someone who is a year ahead of you to give you pointers/advice/commiseration, feel free to message me. Good luck! :)

Currently, I am going through the process. I have been going through this alone and would also like a buddy or mentor that can provide me with advice and share with me thejr experience experience. Thanks very much.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Mine was also yesterday and yep, the dry mouth is awful! It seems surreal still!

@@Shrinkinqtpi I'm so excited for you! Everything will go absolutely great! Praying for you!

@@Pink Ninja don't worry about the hospital portion they will bill you. I'm just as excited for your surgery as well! You are going to do absolutely great! I'm 8 days away!!!!

@ inspyrdbyu - THANK YOU SO MUCH! That means so much to me :) I called my insurance and surgeons office and both said they had nothing to do with the hospital and their billing. I called the hospital but keep getting their voicemail. I have a number to call between 3-6pm to confirm my arrival time tomorrow so I'm basically just sitting here waiting for that. Hoping for the best!

Have you gotten things squared away for tomorrow???? I feel guilty getting ready for my surgery when we were in this together. Please let us know what your status is??? I wish you so much luck!!

Sent from my K010 using the BariatricPal App

I called the hospital at 3 and they told me to be there at 11am and my surgery is scheduled for 1pm so as of now..I'm showing up! Don't feel guilty, enjoy! If I don't get on here tomorrow, I wish you the best of luck as well! I hope your surgery goes very well and I look forward to hearing about how great you feel! :)

Good luck! They will not cancel surgery at this point! They'd lose far more $ canceling then you could ever owe! Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride!

They aren't letting me start Clear Liquids today because my stomach is still too inflamed and it takes 10 very uncomfortable minutes for 1 small sip to go from the top of the stomach to the bottom of it. Of course they had already brought me the broth and Jello right before my test so now it's just sitting there starting at me and smelling gooooooood.

@@Pink Ninja ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? keep us updated

Good luck, Pink Ninja! I'm going in the 8th. I've got some nervous energy, but I'm just taking things one moment at a time.

Good luck, Pink Ninja! I'm going in the 8th. I've got some nervous energy, but I'm just taking things one moment at a time.

I'm the 8 th as well! We're really close!!!

Dawnie_doo