Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got a date for August 31st. If there is anyone on here for that date or close, it would definitely be nice to have a surgery buddy. :)

I have my pre-op visit tomorrow and my surgery is scheduled for August 17th. I'm excited and nervous!

Finally got my date yesterday after waiting a month from when I got my Insurance Approval... August 17th, here I come! Pre-op appointment August 12th & no Pre-Op diet.

Are any of you starting your pre surgical weight loss diet? I start mine Sunday

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I'm told I will likely only need to do a 24 hour pre-op diet. I guess I'll know for sure at the pre-op appt 8/4. Sounds like most of you have to do longer though. I wonder why that is?
They usually have you do one to two weeks pre-op diet to facilitate the beginning of quick weight loss in order to shrink the liver to make surgery easier.

Tuani

Hello ladies! I'd love surgery buddies! The big day is 8/8! My pre-op labs are 7/28. I started my Protein diet yesterday. It's not a liquid diet so I'm a little worried. Anyway, I'm excited!

sent from Louisville, KY

I don't have to do a liquid diet either. My doctor just requires one 24 hours before my surgery. It does seem like the norm though.

Good luck! I'm 8/11 - so I'll be cheering you on.

Hi All!

I just had my pre-op appointment with my surgeon and I got a date!! August 2, 2016!!

I'm sooo excited! I'm wondering if there are any others having bypass on or around this date?! I need friends!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Im on the August 2nd train too! So excited. Good luck to you!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Hi All!

I just had my pre-op appointment with my surgeon and I got a date!! August 2, 2016!!

I'm sooo excited! I'm wondering if there are any others having bypass on or around this date?! I need friends!! :)

Im on the August 2nd train too! So excited. Good luck to you!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Almost time for our surgeries to begin, I'm on Monday, anyone else?

Almost time for our surgeries to begin, I'm on Monday, anyone else?

Me! I'm ready for it to be over with already, I'm getting sick of being nervous!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Me too! Trying to keep busy cleaning but when I stop I start over thinking it all! I'm arriving at 8:30 so hopefully by the afternoon it's done and I can quit over thinking and concentrate on the journey ahead!

I'm down to 4 days of liquid. Surgery is on the 5th day. Therefore, it is time to clean the house. I'm doing the things I need right now the most. Shower. Windows/Glass/Mirrors. Shining the sink. Recruited the boy to sweep the living room and deal with the shoes everywhere. (You know it is summer when the kids have every pair of shoes they own in the living room and their feet are bare!). The theme of the weekend is distraction: chores, games with the family, go to the movies, and watch movies at home. Monday pack and do the pre-surgery laundry: bedding, travel outfit, & dirty towels. Monday night make my husband's (he doesn't cook and is the BIGGEST critic of food ;) favorite food, lasagna. This will keep him away from fast food. Tuesday scrub the shower again...pack... then play Pokemon Go as much as possible to distract myself. I'm actually excited about this. It is going to be a fun way to walk and inspire hydration. Then Wednesday surgery. Life is much better now that I am past the 6th day of the Protein diet. My head is not so much of a problem.

Im all set for Tuesday! Went to the grocery store and bought my broths, powerades, Water enhancers and Popsicles. Today and tomorrow I will spend the day cleaning. My surgery is scheduled for 1:30 so I will spent most of my day stressing lol I can't wait to be on the other side!

Sounds like we will all leave clean houses lol! Hope they are that way when we get home. We just moved in a few weeks ago so I've been doing a lot of lifting to get things out of the way so I'm not tempted to overdo it too soon after surgery. I have all my broths and several different Protein shakes incase my tastes change after. Just need to pack my bag. I've read about getting biotene spray for the day after when you can't drink all day to help with the dry mouth, I hope I don't forget it and my nurses allow it!

We love Pokemon go!