Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so nervous! Surgery date**July 14th**

When I think about it my heart beats harder!! I'm so nervous knowing my life changing surgery is literally days away. Is there anyone who would be sharing the same surgery date with me or around the same time?

Edited by Kwilliams03

I'm July 6th and I'm freaking out!!

I'm already rethinking if this is the way to go, surgery for weight loss??

All sorts of weird crap is going through my head

@@Jasminelums I'm the 5th and me too. A gal in our group just dropped out. She's lost 50 pounds on her own. I'm not sure how many more she has to lose. Not sure whether to pity her or jump with her! In all seriousness, I've been down this road before and I bailed back in 2011 and regretted it. I lost 72 pounds on my own and it ALL came back. I bounce between panic and giddiness when I think about the surgery. Just hope it goes smoothly with no complications :)

I am July 7 and have found oddly that I am getting less nervous as it gets closer.

I had my RNY done February 11th 2016 and as of today I have lost 101 lbs! I was just as nervous as you even up to the morning of the surgery. Having a wonderful support person helps. Good luck to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations!! I had a consultation today and looks like I will be sometime in August. Don't be nervous... just excited... great things are in our future!!! :)

I'm the 12th I'm super nervous too like what if I go under anesthesia and never wake back up I'm only 24 I have so much left to do on this earth but then I think that if I don't do this how long will I really be around anyways? Or what kind of life would it be ? Probably lonely and meaningless.... I've lost 57 lbs so far on my own and just started my pre op liquid diet today. I'm so so nervous but I'm also excited for the results, and for the life I have waiting for me afterwards. At the size and weight I am I have severe pcos and have been told I am infertile. I can't wait to reverse that and start a family! I'm doing this this for me and my future.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Very encouraging!

@@Nicki24 that is definitely my biggest fear, going under and never waking back up to my children and husband.

The statistics on mortality during or after wls are so low you're more likely to die in a car crash or plane crash for that matter. Let's just stay positive and think about "when I wake up" not "if" :) I'm sure after its all said and done with it will have all been so worth it. And you'll have a lot more time to spend with your husband and kids in a lot more active way!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I am scared to death !! I am going to have my surgery sometime in August !! It came up so fast, from what I'm told you wouldn't be normal if you weren't scared!! Love my surgeon but still gonna be scared till I open my eyes and see my family !!!

When I think about it my heart beats harder!! I'm so nervous knowing my life changing surgery is literally days away. Is there anyone who would be sharing the same surgery date with me or around the same time?

July 13th for me! And I can totally relate to your nervousness. I am feeling it, too. :)