Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Veterans ONLY please. One year + post op.

@@Waler

You had surgery almost a year ago. Would you agree your needs and experiences have changes since you were newly sleeved? It's NOT about how long people have been on the boards, it's about how far post op someone is. That's what we are talking about here.

I am sorry, and you can dislike my post if you like, but I think you are having the attitude of an elitist jerk. People come here for help not to be talked down too. To get your little pedestal and proclaim you need to be treated special because you have been here longer is nothing more than a school yard mentality. I have been here longest....SO WHAT! that does not entitle you to anything. We are suppose to be here to help and support one another, not segregate people because they are new. If you take the time to actually look and listen you can sometimes find little kernels of information from even ....dare I say it newbies. I work in the medical field and new information comes in everyday, and maybe...just maybe you come off your high horse long enough some of it might actually filter threw to you. Everyone who is here has something to contribute and it is totally selfish for you to push people aside and make them feel less important because they are "NEWBIES"

That's my two cents, I`m off my soap box now.

Who me?

:D

Hmmm.... No, you can't be talking to me, or really MOST of the vets who answered here. Click on the profiles of almost any of us and then click on activity. You will see that most of us RARELY post in the Vet's Forum and are often answering the questions of "newbies" because we ENJOY helping others.

Remember, we don't have to be here. We volunteer our time to pay back all the great advice, support, and butt kicking we got when we were new. We are simply looking for a place where we can **ALSO** get a little peer to peer advice and support -- advice and support that comes from real life experience, NOT from what someone read about someone else's experiences they heard about on Facebook.< /p>

If that offends you, you don't have to participate. But of course, you are welcome to.

A favor please. Can you post a link to the forum we're talking about? I lose track of these unless I respond to them frequently. I went a little crazy a few months ago subscribing to just about every thread that I liked, and it got so overwhelming with notifications that I stopped using the app completely for a while. So now I only check a couple of specific threads every few days. But I'd love to post in the vets forum again.

JustWatchMe

I would like to meet some veterans in the chat room.

I don't work so I am home in the day time. I'd love to " talk" to some of you. I enjoy the chat room, being able to message back and forth without having to wait for the PM to go through. Evenings are fine too.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I am in the Pacific time zone so if there is a certain time that works for someone, let me know. I can figure out what time that is for me.

Oh, goody.. I see some things haven't changed...

*sigh*

WHERE IS THE LOVE, I AM NOT FEELING THE LOVE!

I will try to divert some of this negativity, "Hey, look over there! It's a squirrel!"
:)

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

Here's the love!!!!

Oh wait...

I'm not an 18 month post-op veteran...

The love is leaving and will return on August 25...

Good bye!!!!

I really like this idea. I'm almost 2 & 1/2 years out and I rarely post or comment because it feels irrelevant to where I am in my journey and what I'm going through.

I really like the idea of a vets forum. In fact, that's how I found this thread tonight.. I searched the word Veterans in the search bar because I was/am really in need of support tonight from people who are experiencing the same issues I am. I am right at 18 months out so the exact person a vets board might start at. To be really honest and truthful when I first had my sleeve I came to Bariatric Pal constantly and it was a lifesaver! Later, I came to stay in touch and answer questions for newer members as a way to pay it forward. Last few months though it hasn't been as beneficial to me so I rarely sign in. My issue tonight for example would be one I'd love feedback on from vets... I'm now 20+ pounds under my goal weight and worried about continued weight loss. I imagine newer folks would laugh me outta the room! Haha! I would have when I was starting out. Anyways, I agree on a vet board and look forward to reconnecting with everyone soon!

I like the idea. Two years for me next month. There was an earlier post that listed a lot of the challenges we can face long term as vets...it was eye opening!

The farther out I get, the less one year post op seems to qualify. So many changes happen in the 3rd year.

I do think there is still a major difference on this thread as people move into maintaining versus people who have been in maintenance for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The farther out I get, the less one year post op seems to qualify. So many changes happen in the 3rd year.

I do think there is still a major difference on this thread as people move into maintaining versus people who have been in maintenance for a long time.

I think the "final" (?) decision re vet status for the purposes of the veterans forum posting qualification was determined to be 18 months.

However, I don't doubt at all that even more time post-op brings a fuller understanding of what lifelong maintenance involves.

Folks who are three - four - five months post-op report new challenges at those mileposts.

I really like the idea of a vets forum. In fact, that's how I found this thread tonight.. I searched the word Veterans in the search bar because I was/am really in need of support tonight from people who are experiencing the same issues I am. I am right at 18 months out so the exact person a vets board might start at. To be really honest and truthful when I first had my sleeve I came to Bariatric Pal constantly and it was a lifesaver! Later, I came to stay in touch and answer questions for newer members as a way to pay it forward. Last few months though it hasn't been as beneficial to me so I rarely sign in. My issue tonight for example would be one I'd love feedback on from vets... I'm now 20+ pounds under my goal weight and worried about continued weight loss. I imagine newer folks would laugh me outta the room! Haha! I would have when I was starting out. Anyways, I agree on a vet board and look forward to reconnecting with everyone soon!

Are you wanting to gain a little back? You will gain naturally farther on down the road. If you want to gain weight now, are you eating nuts? You need to add good carbs back into your diet, higher carb veggies and some higher fats, like nuts and avocados. They are also a good fat.

Oi! Who awoke the beast?!

I'm hiding, because I'm 22lbs heavier :(

Pfft...

Welcome back your humour has been missed

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App