Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Veterans ONLY please. One year + post op.

I'm just over 18 months and I love this idea.

I still do answer some of the newbie questions just because I sometimes feel like being helpful and it makes me happy to know the answers (or at least throw my opinion out there), but it would be nice to have a section where most everyone is father down the line and know all the basics already and are looking at more advanced stuff to discuss and work on.

I know I'm late to the party, but I like the 18 months to post but anyone can read scenario. BTW, I miss madamreverie but couldn't even find her in the member list to tag...am I spelling it wrong?

I had the sleeve 2 1/2 years ago and took a break from this forum because things just got old and tired. I do like the idea of a vets only forum but I think it should be open for reading by anyone and only open for posts by vets. I don't post that often because I have too many other things I need to be dong but I do find this site very helpful at times. I will be transitioning to the bypass in a couple of months so I want access to the newbie stuff as well as the more seasoned postings. I find benefit in both.

I gotta say -- I'm excited about the high level of enthusiasm for a more active vets forum.

Really happy to hear from some vets again who haven't chimed in here lately.

You're a good egg @@VSGAnn2014

Not like some of those 'others' around here...

Thang ya, @@KindaFamiliar . Thang ya verra mudge.

Would the two of you get a room already!!!!

:)

@RJ'S/beginning

@@Madam Reverie

..all these names of folks who don't post much anymore...or who are just gone. Makes me a little sad.. :(

I love this idea so hard. I mostly lurk these days, but the idea of a Vet's Forum is very appealing. I'm 2 years out next month and my needs/questions/concerns are much different now from when I was a newbie.

I miss the old style forum for veterans. I read every topic pre-op including the vets forum but couldn't actively comment until I actually was a vet. That made complete sense to me. Just like not posting in the Men's Forum. I also still don't post in lap band or bypass forums. The change from Sleeve Talk to Bariatric Pal was jarring and the vets forum was the most jarring, it lost all intimacy and its community as a result. I think 18 months post op is a good demarcation.

Mini rant: Frankly, I'm surprised I can still see straight from all my eye rolling at the times someone 5 or 6 months out posts their experience when veterans are called upon to answer questions from pre ops or newbies. Similarly I cannot handle the all bad advice when regain happens to vets from people still in the honeymoon phase ("do the 5 day pouch test" - omg, make it stop). We need a shelter.

I skip all the sage advice when someone is still preop

And dispensing lots of info... From paperwork I'm guessing. Gotta be in those trenches for awhile... 18 months sounds good.

@@Alex Brecher

Look at all the feedback!! I told you I'm not crazy!! Well, about this anyways.

No comment about your sanity :P but we will implement this in the near future. At the moment we only have the ability to limit by length of time someone is a member or how many posts they've accumulated. We are working on limiting based on surgery date.

@@Alex Brecher

Look at all the feedback!! I told you I'm not crazy!! Well, about this anyways.

No comment about your sanity :P but we will implement this in the near future. At the moment we only have the ability to limit by length of time someone is a member or how many posts they've accumulated. We are working on limiting based on surgery date.

So for now, can we set it at being a member for at least 18 months? Read only?

Oi! Who awoke the beast?!

I'm hiding, because I'm 22lbs heavier :(

Pfft...