Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Veterans ONLY please. One year + post op.

I'm not a Vet yet but I would like a Vet only forum, just because a lot of the newbie posts to me are like really loud background noise. I am having a hard time filtering them out for the information that is helpful to me, and at this point it makes the forum less useful for me, and I am less likely to read and post here.

I don't want to leave the forum, because there is a wealth of information here, and I do like helping new people by offering my experiences.

I always wondered why people stopped participating on forums soon after surgery and now I totally understand why.

@@VSGAnn2014 Summed it up perfectly.

I like it. I say GO

Personally using the iPad the veterans forum is hard to find. Though I do think a 18 month post op to be a veteran would be fine.

I'm in.

JustWatchMe

I'm in.

JustWatchMe

How 'bout Lisa and Bandista? They would probably be interested as well.

I am nearly 18 months post surgery. I agree that a place for " veterans" to help each other would be valuable.

I'm 20 months post op and love the idea of a restricted vets only forum.

I remember, as a newbie, how excited I was when I read post from vets. I never responded,. I had nothing to add but it did give me an idea of what people further out then me were experiencing.

At 20 months, I still get excited when I see post from vets-for the exact same reason. Except now I may offer advice/support-if asked.

I like the idea of a vet forum that's closed in some fashion to deflect the newbie reptitiveness. My only thought/concern is that the group make up will seem heavily skewed towards those at goal/in maintenance vs those working towards goal still.

I read / post far less then I used to the further out I get-- this may be a reason to come back to BP.

@@Alex Brecher There is only one naysayer so far in four pages. What does that tell you? :D

And who, pray tell, would that be?

Hmmm. *Rubs chin*

I am in i am over a year out sleeve

Sent from my SCH-I535 using the BariatricPal App

OH DEAR LORD!! That apostrophe in the title is HORRIBLE!!! FIX THAT:

Veterans ONLY please. One year + post op.

Please respond to this thread ONLY if you are a year or more post op. Thank you for your consideration.

Many of us have expressed a desire to have a "safe place" for vets to discuss our progress, our maintenance plans, or just grumble in general. This forum is supposed to be that place, but it's quite often used as an "Ask A Vet" opportunity which is awesome, but sort of defeats the purpose.

@@Alex Brecher and I have been tossing around ideas on how to better suit the needs of us oldies but goodies. :D

We can restrict the forum by post number.

We can restrict it by time registered on this site.

We can restrict it by time post op.

It's MY opinion that post number isn't working. Time post op makes most sense, but people can easily lie. I truly think we can sniff those people out, so this is MY first choice. The third option also makes sense if we say they have to be here 18 months of so. That would give them 6 months of pre-op diet time and then a year post op. Of course, Alex can make exceptions on a case by case basis.

Please chime in with your opinions!!

If you don't like the idea of a Vet's Only Forum, that's OK, too. You don't have to utilize it, but you are more than welcome to. :D

I don't qualify for the Veterans/18 month + thing, but I think it's a great idea...

@@VSGAnn2014 and @@OutsideMatchInside both said it better than I could...

Well, they said it without swears and stuff...

I'd certainly stalk such a page until my penance had been served...

After that - LOOK OUT!!!!

Great idea. I was getting bored seeing the same questions and honestly I have not been on here for some time. I would like to get back in the game.