Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People and their big mouths

OMG. So freakin rude! I'm in australia too and would love a buddy as I will be having the op in the next couple of months.

Oh yay! Another aussie! There are a few of us on here...

@@KindaFamiliar @ @@aussiecosy

When are you having your surgery? What are you getting done?

hi all!

Ill have my op in January

More Aussies, Yay! Great to know :)

Finally resting my weary legs after a great but long day, and here is an Aussie party happening :D

Love to you all xxxxx

@@composed

You hit the nail on the head... i have always truly felt that particular family member has some mental issues... they have no empathy for anyone... and seem to get off on the pain of other people, no verbal filter and literally never felt remorse when they have wronged anyone.

They have lied, cheated, stolen, physically abused people and has always been proud of it.. grrr

This is why i don't really speak to them, only when i "must" and it is unavoidable... hence why i only saw them 2 months after my surgery.... very toxic and negative person.. who needs that in their life... not me

You're doing the best thing. Number one rule we have is to go 'No contact.' That includes no social media, birthday cards, Christmas etc. and act as if they never existed. That way they get no attention and most will eventually leave alone.

I'm sorry it's happened. Just know that they target the people who have an abundance of what they don't have. So you'll be kind, caring, considerate, valued and appreciated by others... a lovely soul. That's why they target you to take you out. Giggling a bit in that I really feel a need to 'disinfect' my brain after dealing with the garbage that spews out of their mouths. It's kinda funny that by now I know that their targets are actually the kinds of people who make life beautiful! Decent people with sound values.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using the BariatricPal App

@@composed

It makes me wonder though how many people deal with or are in abusive relatonships and have been "broken" by these people to a point that they are too scared to cease contact.

I remember being so petrified when they were around, walking on egg shells practically... somehow after my first surgery i gained confidence and became stronger.... now i won't tolerate abuse or anyone disrespecting me... regardless of who they are...

Its a funny side effect of losing weight... i found my inner strength and voice.... has anyone else become stronger as a result of wls?