Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are sleeved folks able to eat popcorn at any point?

Seriously, Ladies, try sprinkling some Nutritional Yeast on your popcorn.

Take a bag of it with you to the movies.

Try it----you'll like it!! :)

Report back, please after you've tried it.

I have heard that nutritional yeast is tasty! What else do you add it to?

You can eat anything you want!! It's great!

Really? Cause my dr said no more bread, Pasta, or rice ever! Forever is a long time. That has me more scared then the actual surgery pain. Do you enjoy food like you did before just in smaller portions? Cause I'm afraid eating for me will always have to be a challenge from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Question is can you or should you? I can easily eat Pasta and bread but don't eat it since I am still in weight loss mode. But my sleeve is fine with it. Rice I really can't tolerate.

Seriously, Ladies, try sprinkling some Nutritional Yeast on your popcorn.< /p>

I have heard that nutritional yeast is tasty! What else do you add it to?.

Any veggie that I roast. My favorites are Brussel sprouts and Cauliflower and carrots.

I also sprinkle it onto green salad and into hot broth.

It tastes like cheese on the veggies and it has a "bready" taste in broths.

There's a book on Amazon all about Nutritional Yeast that has many recipes.

Have fun experimenting!

Seriously, Ladies, try sprinkling some Nutritional Yeast on your popcorn.

I have heard that nutritional yeast is tasty! What else do you add it to?
Nutritional yeast? I'm lost there. What is it, where do you get it, and how is it used?

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Really? Cause my dr said no more bread, Pasta, or rice ever! Forever is a long time. That has me more scared then the actual surgery pain. Do you enjoy food like you did before just in smaller portions? Cause I'm afraid eating for me will always have to be a challenge from here on out.

Question is can you or should you? I can easily eat Pasta and bread but don't eat it since I am still in weight loss mode. But my sleeve is fine with it. Rice I really can't tolerate.
I understand I can't go crazy with it. But when the put the word forever on it it scared me. I don't plan on eating it a lot because I know it is bad for you. I'd still just like to know that way down the road I could have a couple bites of pasta salad or maybe a piece of toast here and there.

Probably if you Google "nutritional yeast", you'll get a better understanding of it.

I buy mine bulk from a "natural food store". A Qt. Soup container costs about $5.00. I like the "flaked" rather than the "powder".

You can buy it on Amazon or Walmart. It is really processed and a small container will cost about $8.00.

I put it into a grated cheese shaker and used it on veggies, Soups, green salads, popcorn, endless possibilities.

It great because it adds Protein with very few added calories.

Let me know what you think if you decide to try it. :)

My NUT says in the future to eat Protein first, then veggies and if room, you can have a little carbs. So it's not forever but it is limited. I am going to avoid movie theater popcorn for sure bc it has disagreed with me in the past and I don't want to risk anything.

Lol! I am certain we all know we shouldn't. But sometimes you gotta live a little!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm only one month out so it will be awhile but I love popcorn and just wanted to know whether a small portion can be reintegrated back into my diet down the road.

I'm a month out and have had it..but only a little.....I love it

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I understand I can't go crazy with it. But when the put the word forever on it it scared me. I don't plan on eating it a lot because I know it is bad for you. I'd still just like to know that way down the road I could have a couple bites of pasta salad or maybe a piece of toast here and there.

I agree with you 100%! Not all post op diet plans are created equal and many many doctors like to make everything seem black and white and talk in absolutes. For the most part it is all BS. In most cases your sleeve can tolerate most foods once fully healed. There are a couple things I don't tolerate but my doctors allows it. It is our choice to make smart choices. I am 7 months out and I could eat almost anything if I wanted to.

Lol! I am certain we all know we shouldn't. But sometimes you gotta live a little!

Lol I agree with you 100% too! I have to admit I lived a little today! Even had a little popcorn!

I had popcorn for the first time about three months out when I was at the movies. Besides one bag of mango coconut popcorn my husband couldn't resist buying at Trader Joe's, and I couldn't resist having a handful of, I've only had popcorn at movies, so it's a fairly rare snack. I've never experienced any problems with it, but try to avoid having it on a regular basis.

I love burned popcorn. Weird, right?

To justify eating it, I sprinkle Nutrional Yeast onto it.

It's not only yummy, but it adds Protein. :)

Just be careful, because too much can easily be eaten.

t

This is a favorite of mine, too. Love that Protein filled nutritional yeast! Great stuff! the extra Fiber is a good thing,too