Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There are foods that I can not eat---now 5yrs out. I doubt if I will ever be able to eat them.

To be able to enjoy a favorite meal after completing all of the requirements was not only a personal, but was a strongly encouraged by my bariatric team.

Having a food funeral was, in fact on my list of "to do's" given to me by my Bariatric Center of Excellence team.

Not once did they say, imply or treat me like I was being "rewarded like a dog". (how insulting to my dog). But each to their own...

Make your own personal WLS journey joyful. the choice is yours.

What food can you not eat 5 years out? Thank you so much for this post. Really made me feel better about eating like I did.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

>

There are foods that I can not eat---now 5yrs out. I doubt if I will ever be able to eat them.

To be able to enjoy a favorite meal after completing all of the requirements was not only a personal, but was a strongly encouraged by my bariatric team.

Having a food funeral was, in fact on my list of "to do's" given to me by my Bariatric Center of Excellence team.

Not once did they say, imply or treat me like I was being "rewarded like a dog". (how insulting to my dog). But each to their own...

Make your own personal WLS journey joyful. the choice is yours.

What food can you not eat 5 years out? Thank you so much for this post. Really made me feel better about eating like I did.

The list is too long for my liking, but is probably a blessing in disguise:

Pasta

rice

sticky bread

ketsup

rich food

overly sweet food

overly spicy food

anything fried

chicken

Those are the worst. I consider it a good thing now. Not being able to eat those foods, keeps me on track and loyal to my sleeve.

Don't you dare feel guilty, Girl! Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the memories for your life time . There will be times during your journey when you will come upon a "bump in the road" or even "hit a wall". Memories of your food funeral will let you smile when smiling may be the last thing you though you could do.

Do I regret my WLS? Nope. Do I regret having my food funeral. NEVER! :)

Yep, what she ^^^^ said. Wait! That's ME :) Well then, ---what I said. :)

Aye-aye...

I never felt a need for a fattening high caloric "last meal"; I just had a sensible supper.

This was only a pre-WLS diet, I wasn't on death row. I knew that after the post WLS diet phases I can enjoy the same foods again, just in smaller quantities and for many, less frequently.

I already enjoyed too many high calorie meals in the past, which helped contribute to my obesity.

Same. I felt as if I'd eaten more than my share in my 40 years on earth. I was so ready to start my weight loss "journey", I started my pre-op diet two weeks early. I was on it for a full month pre-op.

Never regretted a moment of it, either.

At three years out, there are very few foods I can't eat, and I don't even want those any more.

That said, it's a very unpopular trend around here to advise people to follow their doctor's plans, to not over indulge, to think about the logic of splurging on unhealthy choices just before WLS...

So my new opinion is -- EAT what you want!

Personally? I'm in it to win it.

attachicon.gif image.png

@@charley27 Good luck tomorrow!

Ahhh the last supper

I went out had nachos with all the trimmings, French onion Soup, French fries 20 hot wings, and 3 Guinness

I honestly don't remember my last big meal pre-op, but I remember my meal last night: Pasta with chicken, shrimp and sausage.

:)

I can't think of a single food I don't still enjoy.

I'm 100 pounds down, maintaining at 135.

Best to you!

My pre-op diet consisted of restricted meals. But my last "splurge" meal was at a restaurant called Fogo de Chao which my friends had planned to take me to at some point. It's a Brazilian steakhouse and they literally bring meat on skewers continuously while you have your little "chip" flipped to the green side. Flip it to the red side and they stop.

It was sooooo good. I tried hard to avoid anything that wasn't Protein just because it was technically my first day of the pre-op diet.

I'm planning on going to the Cheesecake Factory baby!

@@Kaze ...

I love your tagline: "You are the pain and the medicine."

@@VSGAnn2014 It's a song lyric that spoke to me about my ex-best friend, lol. It's "Save My Soul" by JoJo.

I don't know if I'll have a "last meal" but if I do it will be pizza from my favorite place (thankfully it's an hour away so it's not somewhere we go often) or Pasta (Alfredo or Carbonara). Italian food is incredible where I live.

With a big hunk of Italian bread w/ butter!

Edited by KristenLe

I made jumbo noodles with Spaghetti sauce and Alfredo sauce. It is amazing, thought about just gorging myself tonight but I'm done full off a small plate. Thats ok with me liquid to start tomorrow!

☆Jeni☆