Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new banster as of 11/30

WHOO HOO!! Welcome on board the bandwagon Melanie. Please do come and fill us in on how you are doing. Take it easy and sip sip sip slowly. Give your stomach time to rest and heal. Let the lbs drop.

Congratulations, Melanie! Try to walk around as much as you possibly can to help with the soreness and gas pains. Also, a heating pad is great for your tummy. Take care!

Oh Melanie Honey, congratulations. You and I were going to be twins but my surgery got postponed due to a death in the surgeon's family. I am so glad for you that you are home and healing. You will be all better and running around by my surgery on the 15th. You will be an additional inspiration for me now. I am very happy for you. You heal and get better and stronger. Please post and keep us posted on how you are doing!!!! Take care and rest and walk!!!!

I am hurting and am trying to convince everyone here that I will be better soon. The kids are crying but I can talk to them to sooth them. My partnet is putting them down now.

I am trying to sip fluids slower and am hungry but am not willing to do anything but what is recommended for me to do. I just wish I knew how uncomfortable I was going to be, I think getting my gall ballder out made it a bit harder as well.

They said it wil be about one week for the pain to disappear and I can't wait.

My next post will be more up beaat I am sure.

Hugs,

Melanie

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad, Melanie. Sometimes the 2nd or 3rd day are the worst, but I promise you by the end of this week, you'll be feeling MUCH better. Take it easy, walk as much as you can, be sure to drink your fluids. :D

Hello everyone

I am on the mend and am having all the challenges I have read about. I have pain, gas pain, watery stools and am hungry. At moments... I have cried and wondered if I made a mistake...but soon recover.

It is also hard because I was on pain meds and motrin which I was told I would be able to continue but upon discharge I was told not to. My MD was not there. The hospital went into strike and I felt pretty dumped in the end. It is so funny because they quote that they have after care unlike Mexico but I failed to get that defined. So I am in pain and the liquid pain meds are not working well for me. I took my pills but they did not work well either. SO maybe I will be forced off the meds after all.

The good news is ....I got up and showered again, took a walk and spent some time watch Elf with the kids. They are off the a fairy show in the morning. My helpful friends had a lot of stuff on their own plate so we flew by the seat of our pants. The 1st day home I had to call for help because my partner thought I would be able to care for the children by myself for a few hours. I found myself crawling around to change the baby's diaper all the while thinking I chose this insanity. Well it is the weekend now. Everyone is home and we are managing. I think I recommend bringing some relative to help you when you have small children.

I'll post again when I feel a bit better. :banana

Hello everyone

I am on the mend and am having all the challenges I have read about. I have pain, gas pain, watery stools and am hungry. At moments... I have cried and wondered if I made a mistake...but soon recover.

It is also hard because I was on pain meds and motrin which I was told I would be able to continue but upon discharge I was told not to. My MD was not there. The hospital went into strike and I felt pretty dumped in the end. It is so funny because they quote that they have after care unlike Mexico but I failed to get that defined. So I am in pain and the liquid pain meds are not working well for me. I took my pills but they did not work well either. SO maybe I will be forced off the meds after all.

The good news is ....I got up and showered again, took a walk and spent some time watch Elf with the kids. They are off the a fairy show in the morning. My helpful friends had a lot of stuff on their own plate so we flew by the seat of our pants. The 1st day home I had to call for help because my partner thought I would be able to care for the children by myself for a few hours. I found myself crawling around to change the baby's diaper all the while thinking I chose this insanity. Well it is the weekend now. Everyone is home and we are managing. I think I recommend bringing some relative to help you when you have small children.

I'll post again when I feel a bit better. :banana