Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I received approval from insurance in 2 days!! Dr. Luther will be my surgeon too. I see him on March 26. I won’t be getting the surgery until June but I’m so happy to be over this phase.

Dr Luther is great. My surgery went very well. I had minimal pain after and recovered quick!

Dr Luther is great. My surgery went very well. I had minimal pain after and recovered quick!

Krista I just finished my surgery with Dr Luthra. I agree he was great! Mine was very unexpectedly complex as I had a massive hiatal hernia growing all over the lapband. As he explains it he went a millimeter at a time. The surgery took 4-1/2 hours. I’m now day 3 and doing great!

Congratulations from a Big 10 neighbor in Central Ohio. You all inspire me, if all you GOLDEN GOPHERS can do,it, chances are I can do it too!!!😝👍😝

Congrats from a fellow Gopher :) I am from St. Paul, MN. My surgery (RNY) is July 23.

St. Paul here - would love to get and give support to the locals! :) My surgery is at United on June 23. I am very anxious to get it moving. Support groups are pretty far away from me. Happy Monday!

Megan

The last few weeks before are tough. I was anxious and excited at the same time. Mine was done at Methodist Hospital. They were great.

That is great to hear! Are the days immediately after the surgery as difficult as the 2 weeks before?

That is great to hear! Are the days immediately after the surgery as difficult as the 2 weeks before?

No I don’t think they are. The pain was/is not too intense. It’s weird not feeling any hunger at all. I’m focused on measuring that I’m getting my fluids in while still consuming some calories. I’m proud I’ve taken in 74oz today and over 100 calories. I know that sounds ridiculously too low but it’s temporary. It’s so hard to consume calories when all your clear fluids are so low cal.
I move to full fluids on Friday so look forward to that.
One bit of advice - if you don’t need the narcotic pain killer don’t take it. I’ve always been too loopy on them so said no to the oxy. Turns out the surgeon said his patients that use only Tylenol recover quicker. Of course everyone is different and surgeries differ too so if it’s needed take it. But just know the pain passes quickly.

22 minutes ago, Katbad said:

No I don’t think they are. The pain was/is not too intense. It’s weird not feeling any hunger at all. I’m focused on measuring that I’m getting my fluids in while still consuming some calories. I’m proud I’ve taken in 74oz today and over 100 calories. I know that sounds ridiculously too low but it’s temporary. It’s so hard to consume calories when all your clear fluids are so low cal.
I move to full fluids on Friday so look forward to that.
One bit of advice - if you don’t need the narcotic pain killer don’t take it. I’ve always been too loopy on them so said no to the oxy. Turns out the surgeon said his patients that use only Tylenol recover quicker. Of course everyone is different and surgeries differ too so if it’s needed take it. But just know the pain passes quickly.

Thanks for the advice!! Any ideas and tips are very appreciated! I hope when I’m at that stage I’m not weak from so few calories. I worry about keeping my energy up for work, etc.

You betcha! Twin Cities!

Hey all!

Minnesota here as well! Saint Paul (Dayton's Bluff). I am having my revision surgery on Aug 7, 2018 (also my 30th birthday!) and am so excited.

I had a lap band placed in 2011 and lost 115 pounds, only to have gained it back after complications made me take saline out. I am getting a RNY at St. Josephs in Saint Paul- Dr. Geoffry Fasan :) So nice to see other MN peeps!

I'm excited and nervous and it's been the main thing on my mind for months, but its coming!

Hey all!
Minnesota here as well! Saint Paul (Dayton's Bluff). I am having my revision surgery on Aug 7, 2018 (also my 30th birthday!) and am so excited.
I had a lap band placed in 2011 and lost 115 pounds, only to have gained it back after complications made me take saline out. I am getting a RNY at St. Josephs in Saint Paul- Dr. Geoffry Fasan [emoji4] So nice to see other MN peeps!
I'm excited and nervous and it's been the main thing on my mind for months, but its coming!

Good luck to you!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, nrwy1988 said:

Hey all!

I had a lap band placed in 2011 and lost 115 pounds, only to have gained it back after complications made me take saline out. I am getting a RNY at St. Josephs in Saint Paul- Dr. Geoffry Fasan :) So nice to see other MN peeps!

Congrats on your courage to move through this process and have the rny! I like St. Joes :) Best of luck on your journey!

On 6/25/2018 at 2:28 PM, Katbad said:

The last few weeks before are tough. I was anxious and excited at the same time. Mine was done at Methodist Hospital. They were great.

My surgery was at Methodist too, Katbad! What was your surgery date? Do you mind me asking which surgeon you had? I had Luthra and my date was April 12, right before the big April snowstorm! I had a great experience also. Pain was not great the first 3-4 days, but after that it's been pretty much smooth sailing. I used Tylenol fo pain, and then they prescribed hycosamine, an anti-cramping med that also was very helpful. I took that if I felt my Tylenol was wearing off and I had a ways to go before my next dose. My surgery was on a Thursday, and by Monday, I wasn't needing my pain meds every time I was able to take them. I quit waking up from pain and taking them throughout the night maybe by Sunday night. I really focused in on myself and just did my fluids, walked, slept, and relaxed, focused on healing.

Lyngolean I had Dr Luthra too. He was great. My sleeve surgery was June 22nd so I’m on day 15 postop. Still on full fluids but doing well. The worst thing for me was neck pain. The surgery was really long due to an unexpected hiatal hernia. So my neck was cranked for about 5 hrs. Took a full week before the pain went away.
I can’t exercise for 6 weeks so I’m doing a lot of walking.
Looking forward to pureed food starting next Friday. I’m planning a Mexican theme - refried Beans, guacamole and Pureed salsa.