Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 6/20 so I am 5 days post op. One of my incisions, the largest one, hurts so bad today. It's not oozing or pink so I don't think it's infected, just wanted to touch base as to if this is normal. It hurts when I am mainly sitting down and trying to get situated. My guess is it is inflammation and swelling, but wanted to make sure

post-287504-14667952403909_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Gets better day by day I had my sleeve the 13 and my incision is almost done hurting now it's only if I'm bending or trying to lay a certain way but before it was all day getting up walking so it does get better

That is probably the incision they removed the stomach from. Day 5 is still quite painful. Your incision looks the way mine did. There were times I thought I my incisions opened because I was in so much pain. Keep up with your pain medicine and take it easy! Always call the Dr. Office just in case.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

that looks the way mine did, my biggest incision that had the drain hurt the most. the first week was really difficult, and oddly enough day 5-8 was harder for me than my first days post op. those feelings when you're getting comfortable are super normal, it's hard to find a good position that doesn't hurt sometimes!

I'm over 3 weeks out and my largest incision still hurts when i move a certain way. I think it's getting worse. The pain is sort of spreading to my belly button. Sneezing is horrible. I've called my surgeons office twice and they said it was part of the healing but I'm concerned because it's not improving and sometimes it seems worse...

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I know the people who have hernias repaired mentioned putting a pillow on their stomach when they got up and down. Not sure why it makes people feel better, possibly it keeps things from moving around, but hey try it out the next couple of days.

I know the people who have hernias repaired mentioned putting a pillow on their stomach when they got up and down. Not sure why it makes people feel better, possibly it keeps things from moving around, but hey try it out the next couple of days.

Thank you for the tip!! I will give that a try!!!

I'm over 3 weeks out and my largest incision still hurts when i move a certain way. I think it's getting worse. The pain is sort of spreading to my belly button. Sneezing is horrible. I've called my surgeons office twice and they said it was part of the healing but I'm concerned because it's not improving and sometimes it seems worse...

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Ugh!!! Hopefully it starts getting better soon!!!

Just had mine on the 21st and asked my friend if she had a lot of pain with hers. My biggest incision is pretty painful. I wouldn't really need the pain medicine at all if it weren't for the incisions. Ready to start feeling better!

I had mine done on the 17th and yes the biggest incision still hurts. the others have pretty much stopped hurting now. Although I've noticed it isn't really the incision itself with me that hurts but the area around it and a deeper pain - not the surface skin. I'm thinking there may have been more muscle/nerves cut in that area in order to get room to remove the stomach. I try to hold my side as I'm getting up or sitting down and that helps some. it will get better - remember we had major surgery and everything needs time to heal.

OMG yes my biggest incision hurts especially if I bend a certain way or lay in bed the wrong way and the lower part of my back same side of the incision is tender. Prayerfully we will all get through this soon! I love this group!!!!

@@4mybabies

I love this group too!!! It is nice to have others going through the same feelings. Fingers crossed we get through this fast. I did try the pillow and it helps for sure!

@@heidikat72

I definitely need to remember this was major surgery. Other than this one incision, I feel great so it is easy to think everything should be healing faster. Hope you start feeling better!

Edited by lmwilla

I did use a pillow the first few days when I laughed or sneezed and now I place my hand there to apply pressure just a little when it bothers me but I used the pain meds for the first week and while they helped they also put me to bed the entire day and made me weak and constipated more than I already am but I don't need the meds now so it's gotten better

Totally normal. I was sleeved on the 15th and today was the first day I didn't feel any pain from the incision that they pulled my stomach out of. It still feels weird but it no longer hurts.

Just found this post and wondering how you all are doing. Do you still have this pain? If not, how long before it went away? I am 2 weeks post-op and this side pain is agonizing. Otherwise I feel great!