Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scary noises

Woke up just now (midnight) and have to go to the bathroom. I stop outside the bathroom door and I hear a strange sound. The bathroom window is open and it faces our backyard which backs into woods. I hear what sounds like demons screaming. It sounded so scary i was actually afraid to go in the bathroom because my sleepy brain thought the demons would see me and come after me, so I just went back to my room.

After some googling I'm pretty sure what I heard was a fox vixen call. After finding this out I was able to go to the bathroom and back to bed

Yes.....yes I'm like 90 % sure it was a fox I heard....but just to be safe I have barricaded my door with the new tub of cat litter, double checked that the closet was empty and completely closed and also barricaded, and took a running leap into bed. Yeah I'm 33 years old and sleeping with a nightlight tonight

Sent from my LGLS991 using the BariatricPal App

As long as it's not one of those "Jersey Devils from the Pine Barrens".

Are you sure it wasn't your sleeve "talking" to you? Mine sounds like two dinosaurs chatting at times.

LOL it definately wasn't my sleeve talking. I know very well what that sounds like and this was nothing like it.

Honestly my initian reaction was that it was a person screaming and that the Purge had begun

I was wondering about sleeve sounds. My poor girl friend...I keep reminding her that my gut makes some strange noises, after 8 months I think she is starting to believe me... ;-)

you did not check under the bed??? you never know. they know closets is the first place people check out.:-)

Interesting. A few days ago, someone told me the sound of a mountain lion sounds like a woman high pitched wailing.

Agreed. The scariest noise I ever heard in the night sounded like a woman screaming bloody murder. OH NO no no no no no. OH NO no no no no. I peeked outside and did not see anything. The next day a neighbor told me it was her cat in heat.

Now you all can stop wondering why NYC looks upon NJ as a daft neighbor that should move farther off.

NJ calls itself "The Garden State." The toll booths on one of its two major highways, the NJ Turnpike, are [or were] decorated with potted, plastic flowers. Says it all.

@@Sophie74656, Wooo-oooo-ooo.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Now you all can stop wondering why NYC looks upon NJ as a daft neighbor that should move farther off.

NJ calls itself "The Garden State." The toll booths on one of its two major highways, the NJ Turnpike, are [or were] decorated with potted, plastic flowers. Says it all.

@@Sophie74656, Wooo-oooo-ooo.

NJ has more than just 2 major highways. Have you ever been here? Beyond just driving on the crappy turnpike?

I once heard something that sounded like a pair of ghosts moaning "Ooooooooh! Ohhhhhhh!!!! OOOOOOOOOH!!!" It was coming from my basement and it scared me to death. I went down to see what was happening and half expected skeletal ghosts to chase me back upstairs but then I saw my cats sitting at the window with their hackles raised and tails all puffed up, moaning at a raccoon outside.

Animals can make some pretty spooky sounding noises!

That happened to me once too, I heard what sounded like a woman crying and needing help. I ran outside onto my deck about 2am, phone in hand ready to call 911. My neighbor was out on his deck as well with a large spotlight. He yelled over at me to say that all was good, "it's just a few mountain lions roaming the lakeshore for Water." My pomeranian guard dog was hidding under my bed. :-)

Woke up just now (midnight) and have to go to the bathroom. I stop outside the bathroom door and I hear a strange sound. The bathroom window is open and it faces our backyard which backs into woods. I hear what sounds like demons screaming. It sounded so scary i was actually afraid to go in the bathroom because my sleepy brain thought the demons would see me and come after me, so I just went back to my room.

After some googling I'm pretty sure what I heard was a fox vixen call. After finding this out I was able to go to the bathroom and back to bed

Yes.....yes I'm like 90 % sure it was a fox I heard....but just to be safe I have barricaded my door with the new tub of cat litter, double checked that the closet was empty and completely closed and also barricaded, and took a running leap into bed. Yeah I'm 33 years old and sleeping with a nightlight tonight

Sent from my LGLS991 using the BariatricPal App

We have Fisher Cats that sound like that! Nasty creatures!

NJ has more than just 2 major highways. Have you ever been here? Beyond just driving on the crappy turnpike?

Yes, I've been to NJ. I've been there many a time on my way to somewhere.

C'mon, you know my point is the incongruity of a state highway decorating itself with plastic flowers in "The Garden State." It could be worse: It could be the Garden State Parkway that's festooned with artificial flowers.

Honestly, I worked as a day camp counselor in a long-defunct resort hotel in West Orange for a couple of years during college. Some relative and close family friends ran away to NJ. I spent many a weekend during college in New Brunswick. Went to a wedding in Jersey City two years ago; the ceremony was held on a terrace overlooking the river with a view of the New York skyline. My friend of longest duration and others live in NJ. Always got a kick out of the Weehawken Library when taking that large circle from the Lincoln Tunnel. Much more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Somehow my family doesn't worry about strange noises...

Our front yard.

20141012_173435_zpsgols0ddn.jpg

At the range.

20140907_162828_zpsqez0hle0.jpg

A day of fun

2015-01-24%2011.44.31_zpsisxorrvw.png

Up in the woods.

20130504_173654_zps50bfea0e.jpg

Teaching my boy to count and the metric system at the same time.

20150124_145924_zpsmslmbdbp.jpg

My sweetie with my then new .38 special.

20150124_150737_zpshzzgag8l.jpg

Strange noises don't seem to bother us...

Somehow my family doesn't worry about strange noises...

Our front yard.

20141012_173435_zpsgols0ddn.jpg

At the range.

20140907_162828_zpsqez0hle0.jpg

A day of fun

2015-01-24%2011.44.31_zpsisxorrvw.png

Up in the woods.

20130504_173654_zps50bfea0e.jpg

Teaching my boy to count and the metric system at the same time.

20150124_145924_zpsmslmbdbp.jpg

My sweetie with my then new .38 special.

20150124_150737_zpshzzgag8l.jpg

Strange noises don't seem to bother us...

Looks like my family, too!

Sent from my KFASWI using the BariatricPal App