Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Probably most stupid question

I'm not an OR nurse, but any bedside nurses see naked patients all the time. For us it's no big deal. We have seen lots of disfigured and deformed anatomy and nothing surprises us.

Depending on the surgeon, they may need to catheterize you so that during the procedure your urine has a way out instead of building up in your bladder. If so, they will also remove the indwelling catheter in the OR after the surgery is done.

After sedation by the anesthesiologist, your abdomen is prepped with betadine to sterilize your skin. Underwear would be a source of contamination. They will still preserve your modesty by covering the rest of your body with surgical paper drapes and only your abdomen is exposed.

When you wake up & see weird orange stuff on your skin, don't worry, it's not blood but the betadine. Hope you find this info helpful.

Edit: You are sent to the OR via a bed or stretcher while wearing nothing but a fabric gown. When you wake up in PACU you will be wearing a special paper gown that has special air pockets so they can fill it up with heated air to keep you warm. If you get admitted into the hospital for overnight observation, the floor staff will put you back into a fabric gown. If you wish to wear your own clothes this is the point where you can. bmi.png

I had a catheter. They said it shouldn't hurt pulling it out....well that's a lie...one of the worst pains ever...and it hurt to pee for like 5 days after....ouch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I also was on my period and they didn't allow any undies

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I just puked

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App[/quote

So it was the 5th mentioned that did you in? Grow up

I remember having to walk from the gurney to my room. So much pain, they told me to get up and start walking. I did and as I started walking and the nurse said that my gown wasnt tied and I was open. I just said "yep" and kept on walking as she scuddled behind me tying it up.

Lol I guess I didnt have time to wait standing there. Felt like my intestines were going to spill out in my hazy mind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Sean 72977 said,

I had a catheter. They said it shouldn't hurt pulling it out....well that's a lie...one of the worst pains ever...and it hurt to pee for like 5 days after....ouch.

I am sorry it was a rough experience for you. They must have used a garden hose.

My sleeve was my 12th surgery, during 10 of which I had a catheter. It has never taken more than a couple of seconds to ease it out, and I had no trouble peeing afterward

I went into the OR with a hospital gown, TED Hose, and a blanket. You may as well leave your dignity at home for a couple of days.

With the exception of my surgeon , there was no one who was in the OR or my hospital room whom I ever saw again. And I only saw the surgeon once post op in my room.

My teeny, tiny little doodle was all uncovered and stuff...

Open to not only the howling winds (perhaps a slight overstatement), but also to the mockery of others (not an overstatement - it really is mockable)...

As a fat man with a meagre member, this was the most confronting thing I'd ever had to deal with...

Of course, that all paled into insignificance when I was approx 2 hours post waking up...

What happened then?

Well, I'll tell you...

I was laying on the gurney, wondering where/who/what/why the f*ck I was, when the lovely nurse says "Oh Mr Familiar... You're awake."

I replied with a barely conscious "Flmsrgthdbn.."

"Mr Familiar.. I'm just going to get a couple of wardsmen to give me a hand. I've a couple of things to do before we get you into the recovery chair."

"Smfgrudcjk.."

When I opened my eyes again, two of the biggest units I've ever seen were standing over me. I immediately assumed I'd been thrown out of a nightclub and beaten, but apparently they were simply there to roll me onto my side.

I'd come to my senses (relatively) by then, so I said, "On my side? Like this?" - and I rolled onto my side.

Gigantor and Behemoth seemed impressed with my strength and agility, despite my state, so they left me to my own devices.

At this point, the nurse was somewhere behind me, preparing all sorts of things which I knew nothing about...

Then came the instructions...

"Mr Familiar, I want you to breathe in as deep as you can, then hold it for five seconds."

Pffft... Easy!!

"Mr Familiar, now I want you to stretch your legs out as far as you can."
This was a little trickier, as I was laying on my side, bare arsed with my tiny todger poking out from under my fat bellii (the plural of belly - don't Google it, I made it up).

Nevertheless, I stretched to the best of my ability and managed to not fall off the gurney.

"Thank you Mr Familiar. Now if you'll just draw your knees up to your chest as far as you can."

"Huh?

You know where I've just come from, right?

You know I've just been gutted?"

Ok, that's what I thought, not what I said...

Being eager to please, and still somewhat off my chops, I did as the nurse required...

"Very good Mr Familiar. Just hold it there...."

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is where sh*t got all kinds of f*cked up...

All of a sudden, without warning, without a heads-up, with even a 'get to know me' drink, Nurse nice had turned into Nurse Nasty and was jamming SOMETHING in my doot..

So here lies me - all naked, groggy and vulnerable, being anally probed by Nurse Nasty, without so much as a hint of foreplay!!

Of course, my immediate bodily reaction is to shut up shop, which means I'm now laying on my side naked, with a medical swab poking out of my tightly clenched buttocks, with Nurse Nasty tugging on said swab, trying to remove it.

I'm not really sure what happened next - I was too busy wondering if this was normal or if the nurse just liked/disliked me especially...

Anyway, the point of my story is - don't worry about being all exposed and stuff on the table. You sleep thru that stuff.

just be careful should you encounter Nurse Nasty and her henchmen - and her penchant for a surprise

dooting!!

@@KindaFamiliar,

Hilarious, way to put it all in perspective. Anyone's experience will pale in comparison to yours! Are we done here?

My teeny, tiny little doodle was all uncovered and stuff...

Open to not only the howling winds (perhaps a slight overstatement), but also to the mockery of others (not an overstatement - it really is mockable)...

As a fat man with a meagre member, this was the most confronting thing I'd ever had to deal with...

Of course, that all paled into insignificance when I was approx 2 hours post waking up...

What happened then?

Well, I'll tell you...

I was laying on the gurney, wondering where/who/what/why the f*ck I was, when the lovely nurse says "Oh Mr Familiar... You're awake."

I replied with a barely conscious "Flmsrgthdbn.."

"Mr Familiar.. I'm just going to get a couple of wardsmen to give me a hand. I've a couple of things to do before we get you into the recovery chair."

"Smfgrudcjk.."

When I opened my eyes again, two of the biggest units I've ever seen were standing over me. I immediately assumed I'd been thrown out of a nightclub and beaten, but apparently they were simply there to roll me onto my side.

I'd come to my senses (relatively) by then, so I said, "On my side? Like this?" - and I rolled onto my side.

Gigantor and Behemoth seemed impressed with my strength and agility, despite my state, so they left me to my own devices.

At this point, the nurse was somewhere behind me, preparing all sorts of things which I knew nothing about...

Then came the instructions...

"Mr Familiar, I want you to breathe in as deep as you can, then hold it for five seconds."

Pffft... Easy!!

"Mr Familiar, now I want you to stretch your legs out as far as you can."

This was a little trickier, as I was laying on my side, bare arsed with my tiny todger poking out from under my fat bellii (the plural of belly - don't Google it, I made it up).

Nevertheless, I stretched to the best of my ability and managed to not fall off the gurney.

"Thank you Mr Familiar. Now if you'll just draw your knees up to your chest as far as you can."

"Huh?

You know where I've just come from, right?

You know I've just been gutted?"

Ok, that's what I thought, not what I said...

Being eager to please, and still somewhat off my chops, I did as the nurse required...

"Very good Mr Familiar. Just hold it there...."

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is where sh*t got all kinds of f*cked up...

All of a sudden, without warning, without a heads-up, with even a 'get to know me' drink, Nurse nice had turned into Nurse Nasty and was jamming SOMETHING in my doot..

So here lies me - all naked, groggy and vulnerable, being anally probed by Nurse Nasty, without so much as a hint of foreplay!!

Of course, my immediate bodily reaction is to shut up shop, which means I'm now laying on my side naked, with a medical swab poking out of my tightly clenched buttocks, with Nurse Nasty tugging on said swab, trying to remove it.

I'm not really sure what happened next - I was too busy wondering if this was normal or if the nurse just liked/disliked me especially...

Anyway, the point of my story is - don't worry about being all exposed and stuff on the table. You sleep thru that stuff.

just be careful should you encounter Nurse Nasty and her henchmen - and her penchant for a surprise

dooting!!

So, did you ever find out just what Nurse Nasty was "probing for"?

My guess is that she was properly checking for worms.

Yep, that's it----worms.

@@KindaFamiliar haha I just had to explain to my husband what the heck I was laughing so hard about...LOL

I also was on my period and they didn't allow any undies

I just puked

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App[/quote

So it was the 5th mentioned that did you in? Grow up

Yes....and I've tried...being a juvenile idiot is way more fun....apologies

Sean 72977 said,

I am sorry it was a rough experience for you. They must have used a garden hose.

My sleeve was my 12th surgery, during 10 of which I had a catheter. It has never taken more than a couple of seconds to ease it out, and I had no trouble peeing afterward

I went into the OR with a hospital gown, TED Hose, and a blanket. You may as well leave your dignity at home for a couple of days.

With the exception of my surgeon , there was no one who was in the OR or my hospital room whom I ever saw again. And I only saw the surgeon once post op in my room.

Thanks for the ego boost but a garden hose wasn't needed...hurt like hell though....nurse was surprised it hurt...nurse was very pretty too which was embarrassing

I was very nervous too but honestly by the time I got ready to get into the OR I didn't care what I had or didn't have on! I was just so excited to get it done!