Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Probably most stupid question

I had to wear the diposable paper hospital ones only because period.

Oh noooo! I'm paranoid about being nakie! Just out of curiosity, why don't they want you wearing underwear?

One reason for me anyway was they had to catheterize me.....I had the catheter until the next morning.. It's really nothing to worry about....while you're awake you have on a hospital gown......you'll be fine! just relax!

Haha I was actually wondering about this too. I think I'm gonna try and sneak on some undies and see what they say. I might be unconscious so they might even take them from me? Who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

They know. Say u have your period. So u can wear disposable undies

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh noooo! I'm paranoid about being nakie! Just out of curiosity, why don't they want you wearing underwear?
You won't know you are nekkid! ????. Don't even think about it - pretend you aren't!

You will be naked and if you put on underwear dont be surprised if they are cut off of you. Everyone in the room will see everything with the most intense lights that see every follicle of hair on you.

Just the way it goes. I also wonder if it cuts down on germs.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

on the table we only wear hospital gown and underwear? thinking a g-string might be not best for the occasion ;-p

The only way you can keep undies on is if

you have period. And that too disposable ones

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

I was on my period and they still didn't let me wear undies. The only thing I wore was the surgical drape/gown.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

You will be naked and if you put on underwear dont be surprised if they are cut off of you. Everyone in the room will see everything with the most intense lights that see every follicle of hair on you.

Just the way it goes. I also wonder if it cuts down on germs.

Hahaha thanks that helps!

I am a very covered type girl. Never shorts, long sleeves. 12hrs after I got to the hospital I didnt care if my butt was flashing every horrified onlooker. I hurt, felt dirty from oozing out of my big incision leeking on my hospital robe, being poked, examined, couldnt sit for long and on and on. You wanna see my vajayjay? Hanging boobs? Have at it. ????

I have to admit I've been awaiting comments because they seem to

be getting more and more entertaining.

I am a very covered type girl. Never shorts, long sleeves. 12hrs after I got to the hospital I didnt care if my butt was flashing every horrified onlooker. I hurt, felt dirty from oozing out of my big incision leeking on my hospital robe, being poked, examined, couldnt sit for long and on and on. You wanna see my vajayjay? Hanging boobs? Have at it. ????

Lmao

I'm not an OR nurse, but any bedside nurses see naked patients all the time. For us it's no big deal. We have seen lots of disfigured and deformed anatomy and nothing surprises us.

Depending on the surgeon, they may need to catheterize you so that during the procedure your urine has a way out instead of building up in your bladder. If so, they will also remove the indwelling catheter in the OR after the surgery is done.

After sedation by the anesthesiologist, your abdomen is prepped with betadine to sterilize your skin. Underwear would be a source of contamination. They will still preserve your modesty by covering the rest of your body with surgical paper drapes and only your abdomen is exposed.

When you wake up & see weird orange stuff on your skin, don't worry, it's not blood but the betadine. Hope you find this info helpful.

Edit: You are sent to the OR via a bed or stretcher while wearing nothing but a fabric gown. When you wake up in PACU you will be wearing a special paper gown that has special air pockets so they can fill it up with heated air to keep you warm. If you get admitted into the hospital for overnight observation, the floor staff will put you back into a fabric gown. If you wish to wear your own clothes this is the point where you can. bmi.png

Edited by jea(n__n)ette

I also was on my period and they didn't allow any undies