Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So. After surgery if you can't drink the premier Protein, what other way can you get your Protein? We can't really eat food food

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Mudgy6 I used the Unjury brand Protein powder....right after surgery but then switched to the EAS brand pre-made.

Edited by kmorri

She said because of the ingredients which shocked me because like I said every form and person I have followed as swore by premier. And it's honestly the only thing I could actually drink . They sent me the vitaleph brand which taste horribleeeeee. My hubby was thinking maybe the clinic and vitaleph have some sort of deal and that's why the clinic prompts them ?

She said because of the ingredients which shocked me because like I said every form and person I have followed as swore by premier. And it's honestly the only thing I could actually drink . They sent me the vitaleph brand which taste horribleeeeee. My hubby was thinking maybe the clinic and vitaleph have some sort of deal and that's why the clinic prompts them ?

I would drink whatever Protein shake you can tolerate. Protein is too important! My plan gave me a list of suggested shakes and said premier was fine.

What does a regular day of meal look like for people 1 week out ? What do you guys usually eat and how much?

at one week it was full liquids for me......which included things like greek yogurt, creamed Soups and Protein Drinks.< /p>

What does a regular day of meal look like for people 1 week out ? What do you guys usually eat and how much?

Weeks 1 & 2 is a clear liquid diet and milk for me. I'm supposed to aim for a minimum of 32 oz of skim milk and 32 oz of Clear Liquids. Weeks 3 & 4 will be a full liquid diet.

VSG 6/17/2016

Try the Syntrax nectar shakes - they are whey isolate which is the only kind of Protein my nutritionist recommended. I have tried a couple of flavors so far. Have more on the way.

I am on day 9 and on liquids.. Haven't felt full once and it scares me too... I am allowed broth, Protein drinks, pudding, and almond milk....

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

You won't feel full until you start eating more solid foods.

@@garciagiss,

It’s probably fine to eat a lot of broth. Everyone’s different. Some people are fine getting their post-op fluids from Water. Others like flavored waters, which are sweet. And maybe you’re finding that the salty taste is easiest for you. It’s great that you’re staying hydrated – that’s super important after surgery.

I am

7 days post -op and I can only get down about 30 oz Water nothing else after 2 sips of premier Protein or broth my stomach hurts taking my Vitamins is awful because I have so many pills and have to crush them and they are so nasty I feel so full after k take them

Sent from my iPhone

Try drinking fluids at different temps. Some tolerate cold vs warm - or vice versa. Try some infused Water or flavored water, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello. You will become dehydrated if you don't get more fluids in. Hope you have an easier time soon!

@@KristenLe - Damn good point. I used to only drink ice cold drinks pre-surgery, not I really prefer room temp. That should go on the list of recommendations somewhere.