Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wondering if my sleeve is small enough?

@@PayItForward - I disagree.

I think we need to all read what she posted and Alex 's response, that way anyone can see that this is being addressed with Alex.

@@LipstickLady is right. People are screaming attack when that is not the case, and its not always a "vet".

And yes I am a vet.

Just sayin'

Jane

@@provenzee

The whole point isn't even about what she was eating, if she was eating a chicken breast at 12 days, that would still be a bad idea.

You are comparing yourself at 4 months eating pizza, to someone who is 12 days out, that isn't even the same thing. At 4 months you are decently healed. We fully heal at 6 months. 12 days and eating, giving into head hunger is a really dangerous thing.

People with serious food addictions can and do force themselves to eat full normal meals post op even when their sleeve is telling them not to and they suffer serious consequences.

Lately a lot of people have posted some very serious eating disorders and dangerous behavior and there are people coddling them, instead of telling them to seek help and reminding them how dangerous it is.

This isn't day 12 on the master cleanse, this is day 12 after major surgery to remove most of a vital organ. People forget how serious the surgery is just because the recovery is so easy now with laparoscopic surgery.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

@@provenzee

The whole point isn't even about what she was eating, if she was eating a chicken breast at 12 days, that would still be a bad idea.

You are comparing yourself at 4 months eating pizza, to someone who is 12 days out, that isn't even the same thing. At 4 months you are decently healed. We fully heal at 6 months. 12 days and eating, giving into head hunger is a really dangerous thing.

People with serious food addictions can and do force themselves to eat full normal meals post op even when their sleeve is telling them not to and they suffer serious consequences.

Lately a lot of people have posted some very serious eating disorders and dangerous behavior and there are people coddling them, instead of telling them to seek help and reminding them how dangerous it is.

This isn't day 12 on the master cleanse, this is day 12 after major surgery to remove most of a vital organ. People forget how serious the surgery is just because the recovery is so easy now with laparoscopic surgery.

You are missing the point of this entire thread. No where did the OP ask if it was a good idea to eat solid foods at 12 days out. she asked if her stomach was too big, NOT if you thought it was dangerous or a bad idea.

If she posted a question saying "is it dangerous to eat solids at 12 days out" the responses would be needed, however that WAS NOT her question.

@@provenzee

You are missing the point of this entire thread. No where did the OP ask if it was a good idea to eat solid foods at 12 days out. she asked if her stomach was too big, NOT if you thought it was dangerous or a bad idea.

If she posted a question saying "is it dangerous to eat solids at 12 days out" the responses would be needed, however that WAS NOT her question.

You can't tell or know if your sleeve is too big at 4 weeks and it doesn't even matter, if you are pre-stretching it to all hell, before it even heals.

Forcing food down doesn't mean your sleeve is too big.

Critical thinking, it doesn't hurt I promise.

So the correct response was supposed to be, what? Your sleeve is massive! Contact an attorney, sue for malpractice?

This is just like the other thread where someone ate a 20 ounce steak, which should be a stretch even for a normal stomach. We were all supposed to ignore the obvious over eating and blame the surgeon. Ridiculous.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

I probably ate some pizza at 12 days out. I can't recall specifically but if it wasn't pizza then I was eating something else I wasn't supposed to.

In retrospect probably not the best idea. I get it that you want something to eat. It's just that the horrible truth is you aren't healed up enough to know if you are too full. Go ahead and eat a few things here and there but try to stay within reason for your stage of recovery.

I do remember buying some cheesecake, sucking little bits of it off the spoon, and loving every bite. I didn't eat the crust. I thought I knew best and did as I pleased as far as eating and it all turned out ok. Looking back I should have done things better. I wasn't prepared to see that I was wrong. It happens. But I should have and you should too. Not saying you have to conform lol. Just put more thought into this thing. That's all. You'll do great.

Ok,so clearly,me eating a slice of pizza freaked people out!! I get it! So reading all the responses freaked me out even more. Well today I had such a bad pain in my stomach area,kinda like sharp fiery pains,so I called my Doctor and they got me in for a CT scan. I'm thinking the whole time,that this pizza has done me in. Good news is he said my sleeve is beautiful (and by the way I came clean) and that it is perfect!! And the problem was my nerves firing at each other. So everyone...... My sleeve is beautiful,and it was a big lesson learned.

Ok,so clearly,me eating a slice of pizza freaked people out!! I get it! So reading all the responses freaked me out even more. Well today I had such a bad pain in my stomach area,kinda like sharp fiery pains,so I called my Doctor and they got me in for a CT scan. I'm thinking the whole time,that this pizza has done me in. Good news is he said my sleeve is beautiful (and by the way I came clean) and that it is perfect!! And the problem was my nerves firing at each other. So everyone...... My sleeve is beautiful,and it was a big lesson learned.

Smart move----getting checked out just as soon as you did.

It's amazing how painful anxiety and/or nerve upset can be. I'm sorry you had to experience such a "bump in the road".

Take a deep breath. Rest for a wee moment to contemplate, and THEN get your arse up and get movin' down the path to your new and joyful journey.

Please, don't hesitate to ask any and I do mean ANY questions you may have along the way. That's what BP is all about---supporting one another--helping when we can, and referring to others when we can't.

Stand strong. You aren't the first, nor are you the last member to make a mistake. We ALL have--to one degree or another. --and continue to.

Keep posting . I look forward to sharing with you the success of your WLS journey. :)

I'm just in awe that A. You were willing to attempt that. And B. You are not sick as hell. I drink too fast and I feel it

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good follow up.

Hoping that you'll now follow through and fully commit to the wls and kick ass and safely reach your goals and be proud of what you've done.

I really don't know if I will ask any more questions on here.... I think I will quietly be a observer. I understand all the support for me to be clear of the dangers. However that was not my question.Thank you everyone for your time.

@@Km77942009 - Thank you. Your response has been respectful and more than sincere. You have seen some tough love, and I greatly appreciate the way you to responded to it graciously. I hope you will feel welcomed in this community, there are many here who have come from a variety of backgrounds and genuinely want to help others succeed.

New question? Should I change my profile name to "the crazy pizza lady" ?

New question? Should I change my profile name to "the crazy pizza lady" ?

Naaaa, you are fine. ;-)

So I'm 12 days post op,and I ate a slice of pizza,and I reall chewed it.but I didn't full totally full.is this strange or a bad thing? Help

Yeah,that doesn't sound right to me,they say first 2weeks only liquids, have you called your dr.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using the BariatricPal App