Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RICHMOND, CA KAISER ANYONE?

I saw Dr. Z first on 1/23 and have my appointment with Dr. Mostadei on 3/13. I've lost 10 lbs so far, so am anxious to see what he will have my goal weight be.

17 hours ago, Cici Zeits said:

I saw Dr. Z first on 1/23 and have my appointment with Dr. Mostadei on 3/13. I've lost 10 lbs so far, so am anxious to see what he will have my goal weight be.

Dr. Mostaedi set my goal at 15 pounds, not sure if he does that for everyone. If so then you're almost there! I was so nervous for my appointment with him but he's really nice.

I meet with Liz on Monday to get my surgery date. I'm terrified and excited all at once lol!

Correction: I saw Dr. z on 2/23, not 1/23.

When they weighed me at orientation, i was 260, and this morning I'm down to 249. Slow, but steady...

I hear Liz is super intense during that appointment, so go totally prepped for questions! I'll admit she does make me nervous. haha

Edited by Cici Zeits

On 3/3/2017 at 3:19 PM, Cici Zeits said:

I hear Liz is super intense during that appointment, so go totally prepped for questions! I'll admit she does make me nervous. haha

I'm sure she could smell the fear on me this morning at my appointment but it actually went very well. It helps if you have done your homework (i.e. read and re-read the binder) and have really followed the program. She did ask if I had attended a support group and what I had for Breakfast this morning and dinner last night. She will ask about birth control so be prepared with that answer.

She was really pleasant and helpful. I wish I didn't have that fear and nervousness before the appointment because there was nothing to worry about. She's tough on the people that need it so as long as you're following the plan you should be just fine.

Side note: My surgery date is April 10th!! So excited! :)

@shaylady08 your dinner has to be consumed by 6pm the day before surgery. Then it's just liquids from 6pm and then nothing after 11pm (this time may be adjusted depending on the time of your surgery). When you call for your surgery time they go over all this.

Got my surgery date! Will be sleeved on 4/24. Super excited! Also, I'm down 18 pounds so far pre op. :D

Edited by Cici Zeits

Can Anyone who had surgery give me the last time you can eat the night before your surgery please ?

Norhing to eat after noon the day before surgery for me, and then no liquids after midnight, except small sips to take pills.< br>

So I started my journey last April 2016 with orientation. Had my surgeon appt and saw Dr. Z. All went well and got the okay. The Surgeon wanted me to lose 22lbs before I can go ahead and move forward in the process. Well long story short.. LIFE Happend. Work, Kids and Sports. At the time was felt like a single parent of 4 kids due to my wife being gone 5 days/week for 4 months at Law Enforcemet Academy and the support to do my diet wasn't there. It was all really bad timing when I started the program. So all has settled down and now have the amazing support from my wife and the kids! I started back on the pre op diet on 2/28/17 weighed in at 384. This past Saturday 3/25 I finally hit my goal weight of 360! So I am probably going to wait till this coming Friday to call and make my appt because I would like to weigh under my goal weight with clothes on and in the middle of the day. All my weigh in at home are first thing when I wake up, so it will always be less then after you eat and drink some. I hope all is having a great journey so far, and I am looking forward to reading and sharing stories and experiences with one another.

Your gonna have to do the orientation again and then the b life classes with dr z. It is 4 of them and then recheck with him to move forward. It takes a few months. I had the same issue n finally had my surgery on Halloween. Good luck on your journey!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App