Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What other diet have you lost over 30lbs in a week? I hope you don't expect to lose like that continuously, because you will be a very upset person.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I lost 30 pounds of water! When I lose 30 pounds of fat I'll be happy

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi buddy! We were sleeved the same day and I feel your pain. I've lost 16 pounds so far, but absolutely nothing the last 5 days. The doctor changed my diet to mushy foods today and he told me that probably my body went to starvation mode (less than 500 calories a day) and the metabolism get super slow. Also he advised to get more calories in and get at least 60 grams of Protein. Now I can eat pretty much any type of lean meats mashed so I need to step up my Protein game. Also, Premier Protein shakes are 32grs of protein, 2 of those and you are set.

Let see if this works!

Edited by lolarose13

It's been a week and I haven't lost any weight! I've been eating less than 900 calories and I've been walking everyday! I don't get it! I think I'm regretting getting this surgery done

I did the same ,lost 30 after surgery and don't feel like I lost any more. Eating less than 900 calories and walking.Feel same way but every one saying hang in there, really don't have no choice.I will

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

you are doing great, relax and it will come or go I should say

@@Hk6723 when did you have surgery?

5/17/2016

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

My Dr told me the first 6 weeks are for healing not weight loss, and weight isn't even supposed to be your focus in the first 6 weeks. Getting your Protein and fluids in is supposed to be your primary concern.

After 6 weeks I saw a major increase in my weight loss. Give it time and don't stress about it. Stress keeps you fat.

You are only 2 weeks out! It is normal.... your weight will ebb and flow... there is no constant.

Just focus on your fluids and Protein and healing right now...

You have lost in in 1 week what I've lost in 8!!!

Embrace the loss... Celebrate it... be kind to yourself... your body is stressed and in shock... let it do what it needs to do... you will be fine... don't stress yourself out... its early days...

If I am reading your post correctly you are just over a month post op. A stalled around that time is normal. At 3 weeks, I stalled for over 10 days while my body adjusted to the recent weight loss. It will start again. I wouldnt worry about calories at this point. Your body needs calories to function. If you starve your body too much by dieting, it will go into survival mode and stall you out. Us guys lose weight pretty fast. I lost over 160lbs in less than a year. I dont diet or count my calories. I eat whatever I want when I want. I had a small piece of birthday cake and icecream at my daughters party last weekend woke up the next morning and had lost another pound. Just use common sense and never over eat! Dieting sucks,thats why I got the sleeve. You re gonna do great.

Hang in there buddy. The cliche is real... It's a marathon not a sprint. Take a big breath... let it out... relax. Continue life by the program. Your first goal should be 6 mos out. See where you are then. This is something that can't be rushed. Do not rate your success based on what others have lost.

Thank you all for the feedback! Well to update this post...I'm now 1 month post op and I currently weigh 299! So I actually lost 14 more pounds since I posted this! Yes I was panicking for no reason I was 343 when I got the surgery so I've lost 44 in the first month! So I'm very happy about that! If anyone recently got the surgery done and is freakin out like I was, DONT! The weight will drop

Thank you all for the feedback! Well to update this post...I'm now 1 month post op and I currently weigh 299! So I actually lost 14 more pounds since I posted this! Yes I was panicking for no reason I was 343 when I got the surgery so I've lost 44 in the first month! So I'm very happy about that! If anyone recently got the surgery done and is freakin out like I was, DONT! The weight will drop

Good to know! I'm two weeks out and lost 28 lbs so far, but I've also hit a stall. I started out at 338 lbs. So your update is definitely uplifting!