Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating Disorder - Bulimia

Hey guys. So I struggled a bit pre-op with eating disorders, mostly bulimia and a binge/purge habit. When I did my psych eval I didn't mention anything of it. I am almost 3 months out, down almost 50 pounds, but recently I have been falling back into old habits. Sometimes eating too much, slider foods like ice cream and them throwing it back up. Has anyone with past bulimia experienced this now that you have a sleeve?

Double ditto!

I am so sorry that old demons are raising their ugly heads again. Please get some help. and please let us know how you are doing.

You may as well take advantage of any service your team has to offer. They can't undo your sleeve, so the worst a therapist can do is give you geief over not saying something early on.

One of the best ways to avoid triggers and fails is planning. This helps you be properly stocked in the kitchen so that you have the right choices at hand.

It is really hard to binge on boiled eggs, but boy oh boy I could eat a full bag of potato chips in a few minutes.

There is no disgrace in asking for help. Hang around here for moral support.

I would never want to undo my sleeve, I was just asking if other people had same/similar experiences. Guess not.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Please contact your Team and get some therapy. It's extremely important for your health. You can also cause significant complications eating too much and vomiting.

Triple ditto!!

Everyone who had this surgery has an eating disorder. Unless becoming obese was some rare medical condition. I'm sorry you're going through this and the rest are right, professional help is needed. You could also check out OA (over eaters anonymous). Bulimia is a real disease and it should be treated as one. I used to be good friends with a girl with Bulimia and as soon as she was done eating, she would go throw up and as soon as I was done eating, I would have a cigarette. I realized then how difficult it would be for her to stop, as it was just like my cigarette addiction.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Hey guys. So I struggled a bit pre-op with eating disorders, mostly bulimia and a binge/purge habit. When I did my psych eval I didn't mention anything of it. I am almost 3 months out, down almost 50 pounds, but recently I have been falling back into old habits. Sometimes eating too much, slider foods like ice cream and them throwing it back up. Has anyone with past bulimia experienced this now that you have a sleeve?

I have had episodes both pre and post. I find that sticking to a structured plan helps me. Currently I am loosely following a Keto plan. It eliminates many of my trigger foods. I find avoidance of certain foods and setting dietary and activity goals help me focus on the right things.