Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The First Six Months

Yesterday marked six months since I had surgery. During that time it has been an interesting journey. Although I tried to prepare myself as much as possible there are still something that I found to be a surprised. However, I still think that having VSG was a good decision for me.

If you are interested below are my numbers:

57% of excess body weight lost

A loss of close to 20 BMI points

97 pounds lost

I do not measure myself, so I cannot tell you how many inches I have lost. Clothing is tricky because sizes are not consistent from brand to brand. And my size is change so often.

I was told during my six month check that I am a success. I do not feel like I am a success yet because I have not reached my weight goal, but I feel like I am on my way and the Lord has enabled me to have success so far.

I recently saw that someone asked on BP, "What do you want to do once you get skinny?" I am not sure. Yes I do. I am going to say what it is and people can just judge I suppose. I would like to get married. I know we bariatric patients we are not supposed to say that. We are suppose to say I want to look better or improve my health. I assume those things will naturally happen as I become the weight I am meant to be, but marriage is another thing. Ha, I can hear it now. Being smaller does not guarantee that you will get married. True, true. There are many slender, beautiful young women that are very much single. But just perhaps I can improve my odds. And if I do not get married at least I am healthier. Go ahead. Tell me I am wrong.

I really would like to be down 150 pounds by years end. I hope I make it and if not we just keep on pushin'.

Great job!! Hope you find that someone special

I definitely understand where you are coming from! But try to remember you are only 6 months out and you have lost a large amount of weight!

I understand the want to get married when you get thinner. As a large woman my dating pickings are slim. You are always wondering if the guy is dating you for you or for a fetish. I stopped dating for over a year just because it got so frustrating! I feel like when I'm thinner I will have more options (hopefully!). But then I'm also worried because I may not be fat then but I'll have all this extra skin ????. But I want to find someone who can love me like I love them. I'm hoping this surgery will help me start my life. I've been trapped in my body my whole life. I'm looking forward to the day I am free.

I understand you completely have gone through bad guys taking advantage or just using me period. I am looking at this as a new start may be even move somewhere different once i am done so it truly be a new beginning. I had band surgery before and now trying to get the sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I understand you completely have gone through bad guys taking advantage or just using me period. I am looking at this as a new start may be even move somewhere different once i am done so it truly be a new beginning. I had band surgery before and now trying to get the sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That sounds like a good idea moving somewhere new! I would love to do that. I also had the band. I got the band in 2008 and had it removed in 2012. I just had the sleeve on 5/27!

wish you the best results!!! You are a little ahead of me on this process! Best of luck!

You are investing in your health all along.

Someone that takes action to improve their health and takes care of themself is certainly going to be helpful to finding happiness.