Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

@@susie66 I'm definitely not having any issues like you describe. I'm pretty much eating whatever I choose and have been since around week 4.

I guess I'd do what you're already doing...go back to liquids then try to progress to soft foods, then back to regular foods. I'm so sorry you're feeling nauseated...that's the thing I fear the most every time I eat and I think it's why this surgery is working so well for me. The only time I have nausea is if I eat too much (or eat mushroom Soup :blink: ) so I avoid overeating at all costs!

Do you have a post-op appointment anytime in the near future? This might be something to run by your surgeon or dietitian, they've likely seen the same thing from another patient and can give good advice.

Good luck, and I guess the bright side is that going back to shakes should jump-start any stalls you've had!

@@susie66 Do you have the Mirena? I'm pretty sure the resumption of my periods is because I'm mobilizing fat and all the estrogen that's stored there is back in my system. If the same is happening to you, I'm sure the estrogen is interfering with the levonorgestril the IUD releases.

Fun stuff, eh? I didn't expect this AT ALL.

@@susie66 Do you have the Mirena? I'm pretty sure the resumption of my periods is because I'm mobilizing fat and all the estrogen that's stored there is back in my system. If the same is happening to you, I'm sure the estrogen is interfering with the levonorgestril the IUD releases. Fun stuff, eh? I didn't expect this AT ALL.

@@ShelterDog64 Yes I have the Mirena, just got a brand new one last year---my third and likely last.

Well, I have been a bit of a rebel today. Woke up and for whatever reason, didnt want to drink Water all day. Have been consuming at least 80 - 100 ozs. to help get out of the up down syndrome. Didn't work as I was up this morning. So,......... I had a margarita while out for lunch with friends and thoroughly enjoyed it! And, I am counting it towards my goal. :-)

Glad to hear from you all as well! Well I am down 35lbs and just hit a stall. I'm hanging in at 199, and I am sure what's going on is expected. Just gonna wait it out.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I believe what i hit is a stall to i keep bouncing around the same 2lbs and it gets to be frustrating when im following diet and working out but all i can do is wait still have another 40lbs till goal lost 45 since surgery 6/13

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

How's everyone doing? Is the scale moving again? Mine started back up this past week and is steadily working it's way down. I think my stalls are time of month related. Fun fun.

How's everyone doing? Is the scale moving again? Mine started back up this past week and is steadily working it's way down. I think my stalls are time of month related. Fun fun.

Well mines hasnt moved its going on 2 weeks how long did it take for you

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

Scale moving so slowly.. this may just be my journey. My metabolism is shot and I don't have that time of the month anymore so can't blame that. My only vice right now is sugar free popsicles! Been having 3 a day and just read the box and they have 4 carbs each. Really? Just doesn't seem right. :-)

I finally lost a whole pound over the weekend but unfortunately, it found me again -_-

We also went to dinner at friends' home and I grazed/ate over a few hours...got in a LOT of calories and way too many carbs. They didn't know I'd had surgery so it was a teeny bit awkward. I told them about it and they were super supportive but I didn't prepare well for being in a situation where we sat and chatted, nibbling on food and drinking wine. Not as much exercise as I should get, either, so not my best weekend.

I'm back on track this week! I did have a lovely NSV, I had ordered some denim capris from Talbots end of season sale in a 12 and a 10...I wore the 12s this weekend! I haven't been out of plus sizes in forever, so that was great! Focusing on THAT and getting over my food stupidity is what I'm planning for the coming week.

@@magoosmom I'm so happy to hear that you're seeing good results on the scale. I don't envy you younger women who have to contend with your cycles while doing this weight loss thing...I've been menopausal for about 18 mos (although the hormone dumps have caused some bleeding :blink:) and it's nice to not have to deal with the Water weight gain.

@@suzzzzz That's tragic about the popsicles...I've been eating them too and had no idea they have that many carbs. May have to reevaluate them, but they've kept me sane at times! I hear you about the shot metabolism...all those years of losing/gaining/losing have destroyed mine.

@@suzzzzz That's tragic about the popsicles...I've been eating them too and had no idea they have that many carbs. May have to reevaluate them, but they've kept me sane at times! I hear you about the shot metabolism...all those years of losing/gaining/losing have destroyed mine.

Congrats on the nsv. It is exciting to wear a new smaller size. I tried on lots of things in my closet over the weekend and found some new things that fit again and a couple of things too big. I'll take it. And socializing does take us off track but it is better than living a boring life trying to control everything. I am going to a fun wedding this weekend and I am preparing myself for a gain from it, just in case.

And yes, sugar free popsicles, wish I hadn't read the box! I am going to get a popsicle mold and make some from crystal light once I finish what is in my freezer. Now, if I could only eat one popsicle a day, the carbs wouldn't bother me. Grrr.

Have a great losing week everyone!

@@suzzzzz I noticed that on Sf Popsicles too. I ignored it because they have no sugars. My NUT said I could eat as many as I want (pre-op anyway) but I'll ask again. I'm ordering these to start making my own anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/ZIPZICLE-Pack-Zip-Top-Ice-Pouch/dp/B00N795KR4

It is probably is ok to ignore, I was just surprised. They are on my plan for weightloss, but since I am Soooooo used to counting carbs, it bothers me. Thanks for sharing about the zipcicles. I see they have them at bed,bath, and beyond for same price so I will stop by soon and get some. Amazon reviewers used them also for snack packs and frozen adult beverages! Probably need to avoid that though! :-)

I am finding weightloss with the sleeve to be so different from the many, many times I have lost before. I could always lose steadily, but now it is in waves that roll in slowly. And once that wave hits the shore it goes back out to sea for a week or two. This is my pattern now. Time will tell if it changes, but it helps me to know this is how my body is working.

This morning I got on the scale expecting to see a gain because I went to an art opening last night and had 2 glasses of wine. Imagine my surprise when the scale showed a loss of 1.5 pounds! So happy. (I don't even care that it might have been 2 if I hadn't had wine.)

I love my sleeve. I love that it stops me from eating too much. I love that I feel like I can live a normal life. I love that I don't feel deprived.

Thanks for listening. Unless you are on this journey, it is hard to understand.

How is everyone else dokng?