Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

I've been enjoying the freedom to eat different types of food as well. Been feeling a but lost on Breakfast though. eggs are no go and I am trying to avoid carbs as much as possible. Right now I start with a Protein Shake and then eat some cheese around 8-9 am.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I do much the same, Magoosmom....I have Protein in my coffee right when I get up (I am one of those people who staggers to the coffee machine immediately upon waking), then some greek yogurt an hour or 2 later. I had not been able to tolerate an egg at all, but then I tried making shakshuka the other day and it was fabulous! eggs poached in Tomato sauce and onions, with some cumin. Maybe them being poached, maybe the tomatoes? I don't know, but it's the first egg I've been able to eat. I see you're down 48 lbs...that's so fabulous! We're all fabulous!! But where is Maggie? I worry.

Hey there I do the Greek yogurt the oikos triple zero for low carb and high Protein. I agree with @@ShelterDog64 try to mix it up with eggs. I am into poached right now but like scrambled with a little cheese, turmeric or hot sauce.

@@Maggie143 checking to see how you are doing. Hope you are on the mend and can join us here again soon.

Hello you crazy people! You are all doing so well. I haven't checked in as I still am not myself and not even back to work yet! I thought after all this time I would be feeling better but still can only stomach a few bites at a time and feel awful for hours after. Don't want to discourage anyone as my situation is unusual and not what most people will be experiencing. Waiting to feel good again so I can add something constructive too!

Glad you all are doing so well and I'm proud to see all of you progressing like rock stars! Keep up the good work and sending me those positive vibes xo

@@Maggie143 checking to see how you are doing. Hope you are on the mend and can join us here again soon.

Hello you crazy people! You are all doing so well. I haven't checked in as I still am not myself and not even back to work yet! I thought after all this time I would be feeling better but still can only stomach a few bites at a time and feel awful for hours after. Don't want to discourage anyone as my situation is unusual and not what most people will be experiencing. Waiting to feel good again so I can add something constructive too!

Glad you all are doing so well and I'm proud to see all of you progressing like rock stars! Keep up the good work and sending me those positive vibes xo

So good to hear from you. Don't worry about discouraging us, you are the one having a rough go of it. We wouldn't have this thread to share with each other if you hadn't started it. Thanks for responding as it is good to know you are doing a little better. Sending good healing vibes your way.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

I saw my surgeon today (exactly 2 mths since surgery.) Had really good dialogue, with him asking lots of questions. He summed things up well. I asked him about my recent 14 day stall and he said stalls do happen, but when they last that long, there is a reason. However it is difficult to pin point that reason. He said to eat different food, eat more, eat less, increase Water, change up exercise,etc. It just takes finding the right small change that will start the loss again.

And, he said I was doing great with having lost 42 lbs. One of the ladies who works there said I was rockin it! All made me feel proud. I don't have to go back for 3 mths but can always call with questions or come in if I want to. He and his staff provide great personal service.

On with my journey.....

I've discovered my pattern is lose 3-5 lbs, gain 2, lose 3-5, gain 2...which is interesting/frustrating at the same time...so I signed up for membership at an "orange theory" studio that is opening 5 min from my house. I have 3 weeks until that opens up and I will be working out regularly. Until then I've just been walking...i feel like that's my main problem: not enough exercise! I'm just about exactly 40lbs lost, give or take a lb.

Also, my husband and I are going on our first solo vacay since having kids (6 years ago!) and I made resos for Vegas in mid-October! Definitely a trip that i am looking forward to, but I'm also nervous about food/drink/travel etc etc...

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

@@APanda911 bring your shakes with you on vaca it worked for me! Good luck!

Ugh. Feel like banging my head against a wall. These stalls are brutal. I am losing weight in the craziest way lately. Last month, I stalled around 260. I couldn't get past that number. I figured it was the coughing, then I thought well it was time of the month, and then I just didn't know. I *finally* broke past 260 and the next ten pounds just flew off in less than a week. No joke.

So now I've been stuck between 247-250 for getting close to two weeks again. I'm trying not to lose my mind with it, but geez! I've been working out, tracking food/water/protein, and nothing. It's time of month again and I'm hoping that means as soon as that's done, the weight will come off. I actually celebrated a little when the scale reluctantly went down to 246...only to sit there. Really???

I know, be patient, etc. I just can't figure out why it's going like this. Super long stalls followed by really fast weight loss. So strange.

My clothes are looser, so I know it's somehow coming off and not reflecting on the scale.

Edited by magoosmom

So, I'm going to weigh 217 for the rest of my LIFE, apparently. Every day, 217.4, or 217.2, or 217.0...but NEVER 216. ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

AND, my periods have started again. It has been about 18 months since I've had one, so comfortably menopausal, and now I'm cramping and crabby. AND I turned 52 this past weekend. Did I mention crabby?? LOL.

How's everyone else doing? Tell me something good....

@@ShelterDog64, good news is that you are not alone with the loss, or lack thereof. Seems to be a pattern with most of us. I have so far to go and seems at times like I will never get to goal. I set my timeline for a year and time is passing quickly!

I am way past menopause and happy for that. It wasn't too bad overall but the hot flashes were not fun. You are allowed to be crabby!

So, I'm going to weigh 217 for the rest of my LIFE, apparently. Every day, 217.4, or 217.2, or 217.0...but NEVER 216. ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

AND, my periods have started again. It has been about 18 months since I've had one, so comfortably menopausal, and now I'm cramping and crabby. AND I turned 52 this past weekend. Did I mention crabby?? LOL.

How's everyone else doing? Tell me something good....

OMG, I thought I was the only one. TMI (especially for you guys) but I have an IUD so no periods. Since surgery on 28 June, I have had 3 very heavy, very long periods. So three periods in 8 weeks, which is not normal. I am making an appt today with my gyn.

I am having an odd issue and am wondering if anyone else is:

I am 2 months post op, recovery has been as expected, no issues. At my 6 week appt, my doc said to start incorporating foods as tolerated (except raw veggies and pasta). So I have been doing that----which was helpful since I was traveling a lot and did not have access to Protein shakes etc.

What I have tolerated is pretty much what we are supposed to be eating---I.e. Heavy protein---meats, Beans, etc., some veggies. My new stomach is not a fan of carbs so I have kept that intake to a bare minimum.

However, for the past week or so, I cannot eat anything without getting nauseous or gagging. I am basically living off Protein Shakes right now. Even one bite makes me ill. I am not having any other symptoms physically so I am wondering if this is all in my head----has anyone else experienced this?