Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

@@mari.beth I cannot imagine moving in midst of this kudos to you!

I am post surgery two extra days from you and have been on soft. Frankly with only 2 oz of food to play with you cant do much but have simple Protein and veg every now and then. I did have lobster today, yum loved it. Had it for lunch and dinner. It is very high Protein, will try that again. I am still on same amount of shakes so liquids are easier. solid food is a big fill up on small amount.

I am late responding, but wondering how things are going for everyone. I was sleeved on June 23. I lost 15 pounds prior to surgery and had lost 18 more at my last appointment (July 11). I haven't weighed since because my scales are packed. We are in the middle of a move and things have been super hectic. (I highly recommend never having life-altering surgery while moving - especially when there are 12 days between closings!) I still am on liquids until my next appointment on Monday. I feel like I am able to drink Clear Liquids without any problems (and Protein shakes a little slower without problems) so I have been worried that my sleeve is too big or that I have overdone it and stretched it. I started eating egg drop Soup this week because we have moved from a rental house (AirBNB) to a hotel and trying to cook and strain soup is too complicated. I didn't feel full after eating about 3/4 cup of it, but I stopped anyway. I read other people on here saying that they were able to tolerate liquids without problems, but felt stuffed after eating only a few bites of food. Have any of you had that experience? I hope to start soft foods after my next appointment on Monday. Have you found any good resources for soft food ideas? I close on my new house tomorrow and will go shopping over the weekend to buy some real food (I cannot wait!!)

First, it would be impossible to stretch your sleeve significantly at any time, much less with liquids a month post-op, so I think you should take that off your list of worries! My procedure was 21 June and I'm on whole foods and have been for 2 weeks, with no issues, so you should be able to tolerate liquids fine at this point. I never had a feeling of fullness from liquids, but definitely do with solids. It also takes a while to get chicken and vegetables in, small pieces, chewchewchewchew...meals take 30 mins easily. I've eaten a lot of oatmeal, pudding with Protein powder, Soups with Protein Powder, the Ricotta Bake recipe from the Eggface website, cottage cheese, refried Beans, etc. Those all gave me a sense of fullness, and it's unmistakable. I bet you're going to be in for a fabulous surprise when you unpack your scale and weigh yourself!

Still hovering over the same number on the scale for the last 2 weeks. I don't think I eat more then 1000 cal. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Men lose differently after sleeve surgery than women do, I was hoping another male would answer after you posted the other day.

I'm only consuming 500-600 calories a day right now, trying to keep my Protein above 90g/day and carbs under 15-25g/day. I'm logging every bite that goes into my mouth, and religiously tracking my Water. I'm supposed to get in 64 oz/day but I do well to get in 48 oz. I'm also walking at least 3-5 miles daily. I had an 8 day period (all of week 3 plus) where I lost nothing, but I just stayed on my program and broke out of that and have lost a pound a day again since.

I'd log your food, and increase your Water and/or exercise. I don't think I'd be losing on 1000cal/day, and I don't know that I could eat 1000cal/day of 'good' foods right now, but without your weight/height, etc, theres no way to say what you might need.

A typical day for me would be as follows:

B: a cup of Decaf coffee with a scoop of Protein powder and 1/3 Premier Protein RTD for creamer/sweetness, then later, 3T oatmeal with 3T Fair life milk, with stevia for sweetness

L: 2 oz lean protein

2 oz vegetable

S: fresh mozzarella, maybe 2 of the little pearls that come packed in water

a couple of dried apricots

D: 3T refried Beans, thinned a little with water

1 scoop protein powder

1 T grated cheese or sour cream

S: sugar free popsicle

12 oz water with Syntrax nectar

It's pretty low volume still, so I'm adding protein powder where I can, and getting as much water as I can between meals.

Good luck, let us know how you're doing!

Mine was the 25th!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations and welcome to the June Losers!!

Still hovering over the same number on the scale for the last 2 weeks. I don't think I eat more then 1000 cal. Thoughts?

I had a stall that only lasted 5 days and since the scale moves about .5 lb every other day. Try changing your routine up a little. Move in different ways and drinks lots and lots of Water. Hopefully the loss will show on scale again soon.

I had mine 6/27 and I'm to the point where I can start intruding normal food into my diet but I'm finding it hard still. But honestly I think the problem is I'm just scared I'm gonna mess up lol I know that sounds dumb. So I was wondering if anybody had any tips for quick and easy Breakfast ideas that I can take to work with me or the best Protein bars that they've found?

I had mine 6/27 and I'm to the point where I can start intruding normal food into my diet but I'm finding it hard still. But honestly I think the problem is I'm just scared I'm gonna mess up lol I know that sounds dumb. So I was wondering if anybody had any tips for quick and easy Breakfast ideas that I can take to work with me or the best Protein bars that they've found?

Make scrambled egg and cheese bites -bake in mini muffin tins. Keep in freezer and microwave for like 15 seconds when ready to eat. This has been my go to breakfast for the past week and it's the perfect way to start the day with Protein

8 eggs, whisked

1 C shredded cheddar

Salt and pepper to taste

(Add spinach or diced tomatoes and mushrooms if you can tolerate veg)

Pour into mini muffin tins sprayed with Pam.

Bake at 325 for 6-10 min (keep checking on them, until the center is just firm)

Store in fridge for up to 7 days, microwave wrapped in a paper towel when ready to eat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by APanda911

I had mine 6/27 and I'm to the point where I can start intruding normal food into my diet but I'm finding it hard still. But honestly I think the problem is I'm just scared I'm gonna mess up lol I know that sounds dumb. So I was wondering if anybody had any tips for quick and easy breakfast ideas that I can take to work with me or the best Protein bars that they've found?

For years I have had a protien shake for breakfast because I could drink it in the car. Easy. However I am going to try the egg muffins that appanda posted. I also have had Atkins protien bars for years. I personally like the chocolate Peanut Butter and they are approved by my surgeon for lifetime plan.

Don't worry about messing up. That is part of life. Just plan ahead, eat slowly with small bites and visualize your life as you move towards your goal.

Men lose differently after sleeve surgery than women do, I was hoping another male would answer after you posted the other day.

I'm only consuming 500-600 calories a day right now, trying to keep my Protein above 90g/day and carbs under 15-25g/ day. I'm logging every bite that goes into my mouth, and religiously tracking my Water. I'm supposed to get in 64 oz/day but I do well to get in 48 oz. I'm also walking at least 3-5 miles daily. I had an 8 day period (all of week 3 plus) where I lost nothing, but I just stayed on my program and broke out of that and have lost a pound a day again since.

I'd log your food, and increase your Water and/or exercise. I don't think I'd be losing on 1000cal/day, and I don't know that I could eat 1000cal/day of 'good' foods right now, but without your weight/height, etc, theres no way to say what you might need.

A typical day for me would be as follows:

B: a cup of Decaf coffee with a scoop of Protein powder and 1/3 Premier Protein RTD for creamer/sweetness, then later, 3T oatmeal with 3T Fair life milk, with stevia for sweetness

L: 2 oz lean Protein

2 oz vegetable

S: fresh mozzarella, maybe 2 of the little pearls that come packed in water

a couple of dried apricots

D: 3T refried Beans, thinned a little with water

1 scoop Protein Powder

1 T grated cheese or sour cream

S: sugar free popsicle

12 oz water with Syntrax nectar

It's pretty low volume still, so I'm adding protein powder where I can, and getting as much water as I can between meals.

Good luck, let us know how you're doing!

I also feel men tend to lose weight faster than women. I have discovered that I should not compare my weight loss with the weight loss of others because each person’s journey is unique. Don't fall into the trap. Each person’s journey has factors such as age, medical history, co-morbid and pre-existing conditions, and other factors all play a part in the rate at which individuals lose weight. I'm discovering that the key to successful weight loss is to stay the course, follow your specific program instructions, make healthy food choices, take your Vitamins and minerals, eat sufficient Protein daily, drink plenty of fluids, and exercise. I will honestly admit "I want what I want when I want it" which enables me to think that sleeving was not a good idea because the results are not overnight like so many of the advertised weight loss quick fixes advertise. Obviously, that's me beating up on myself. I have to just stop it. Thank the Lord for this forum because without it I would be letting the anxiety and expectations rent space in my head.

Why do men lose weight faster than women?

I had surgery June 39th and not sure if I did the right thing. I'm very tired and weak feel okay one day and sick the next. No food tastes good or even Water. Can not get 64oz of liquid in s day for nothing. To top it all off I've hardy lost any weight. I don't even get on the scales anymore. What am I doing wrong? ??

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery June 39th and not sure if I did the right thing. I'm very tired and weak feel okay one day and sick the next. No food tastes good or even Water. Can not get 64oz of liquid in s day for nothing. To top it all off I've hardy lost any weight. I don't even get on the scales anymore. What am I doing wrong? ??

Help me understand because we are a family here. June 39th?

Lol June 30th

Contact your nutritionist ASAP so he/she can examine your diet. Like you will see on this forum, everybody's experience is different. In a month, you will have to go in for lab work to see if you are getting the appropriate amount if supplements. Your gonna be just fine.