Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

My surgery is the 21st. Is there any other late June people here to share stories and support? Could use buddies!

June 21 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App[/quote

I am a 6/21 as well! Since surgery down 20 pounds.

@Traciebenison

I'm June 21st as well! How are you feeling?

June 23rd here! Down 20 lbs since surgery. It's been a journey and not an easy one. Every day is a journey in an of itself but together we can all get through it.

June 23rd here! Down 20 lbs since surgery. It's been a journey and not an easy one. Every day is a journey in an of itself but together we can all get through it.

I couldn't agree more about every day being it's own little journey! A couple of days ago, I just felt gross. Weird taste in my mouth, struggling with even getting my Water in much less 90g protein! I went for a walk and felt awful, I literally went to bed at 8pm just to get that day over with. Fast forward to today, I bounced out of bed early to let the dog out, decided it was so gorgeous out that I took him for a walk. Came back, made a Decaf Protein coffee and read on my back patio until my husband got up. We took our kayaks out and paddled around for a couple of hours and now we're home doing house chores and I can't believe it's already 5pm. I'd sure love many more days like today and for the 'gross' day to be rare...I'm sure I'll have more of them but it's nice to have a group to share the ups and downs with :-)

I am still stalled but I did go through my closet and was able to accumulate a substantial pile of clothes for consignment as they are too big! That'll make a girl feel good. :)

I got strep throat last week, and it has been rough ever since. I threw up my antibiotic yesterday, I feel exhausted, and I'm depressed. The scale stopped moving, so I stopped weighing myself. I feel alone, nauseated, and I'm having trouble getting my fluids and Protein. I need something to shake me out of this. Logically I know I need to take care of myself, but right now I struggle to do basic things. I'm so tired I am having trouble getting my walking in. I can't seem to force myself to do what I need to.

I would appreciate any advice right now.

I was sleeved 6/17 and was also losing about a pound a day! I've lost 26lbs but on my one week check up I had lost 25 so only 1lb and fluctuating up and down! Haven't measured myself at all! I'm pissed bc I didn't measure before the surgery but really need to measure bc I'm easily discouraged! My nutrionist told me to expect stalls so I'm just going with the flow!! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my LG-D851 using the BariatricPal App

I have had a cough for almost two weeks. Not terrible but not going away. It's just the crud but it wears me out so my sympathy for you. I'm trying to ignore the scale as I haven't felt well enough to work out. Headed to the pool today so hopefully can get my exercise in there. I posted in another thread that my Protein shakes are making me feel so ill now. There are some really good suggestions there so hopefully I can work around it. I tried the ricotta bake and it is delicious--but it is not agreeing with me. Boo!! Lol. I move on to my next stage tomorrow and can add in fish, eggs, and Peanut Butter. I may wait on eggs which did not agree with me all the time even before surgery

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

For those of you that are having trouble with Protein shakes. I too find them making me feel ill post surgery. I have been using GENEPRO by Musclegen Research for over a week now and it has been great. I put it in almost everything. One tablespoon is 30 grams. So it is easy to get between 60 and 90 grams in a day. I've put it in cottage cheese, yogurt, Soup, mashed potatoes, almost everything! No taste whatsoever!! Seriously it's been great. It was recommended buy my nutritionist. I'm thankful she did.

@melissac79: You said it melissac79. What's interesting about my change is not about having to buy clothes that fit, but fitting into the clothes that I have. My weight gain was due to my inability to condition myself thoroughly after having my spine "rebuilt" because of severe scoliosis surgery. I had only gained weight post-op in my stomach area because of exercise limitations. What's really wild is before getting sleeved, I was a 46" waist. I am now down to wearing clothes at a 40" waist. I have separated my clothes for someone with a 40" waist and a 38" waist and a 36" waist and my goal is to get myself to a 36" or 37" inch waist. I don't want to look at the scale because no news is good news. I will check my weight when I have follow-up appointments. I'm sure that this a realistic goal for me because everything in my closet that I have prior to my back surgery fit fine. My weight gain started when I was 50 years old. Now, at 57, little by little certain items are starting to fit and every time something fits, it's just a signal for me to keep going with my Physical Therapy harder each day. I keep telling myself "Enjoy this for this the good part".

"No, try not! Do or do not! There is no try"

-Yoda

Hey everyone! Well I haven't been feeling too good lately, I'm not sure why. I had my sleeve done on 6/27 and I have been doing great every since. Until Saturday I woke up and had a scrambled egg and some cottage cheese, a few hours later it was like all my gas pain in my shoulders came back. Later on I took my evening Vitamin and instantly felt like I was going to throw up. Ever since then I have felt like someone is sitting on my chest, if I take too big of a breath it hurts, I keep having little hiccups and it hurts. So being scared to throw up I had no food yesterday but one string cheese and only a few bites of Cheerios this morning. I'm trying so hard to get my Water intake in but I'm not, and I'm not getting hardly any Protein in. I'm not really sure what to do or if I did something wrong? But it is very uncomfortable. Also, TMI, maybe lol but I am not having normal bowel movements at all, so I don't know if that could play a part in it or not. Any advice?

Hey everyone! Well I haven't been feeling too good lately, I'm not sure why. I had my sleeve done on 6/27 and I have been doing great every since. Until Saturday I woke up and had a scrambled egg and some cottage cheese, a few hours later it was like all my gas pain in my shoulders came back. Later on I took my evening Vitamin and instantly felt like I was going to throw up. Ever since then I have felt like someone is sitting on my chest, if I take too big of a breath it hurts, I keep having little hiccups and it hurts. So being scared to throw up I had no food yesterday but one string cheese and only a few bites of Cheerios this morning. I'm trying so hard to get my Water intake in but I'm not, and I'm not getting hardly any Protein in. I'm not really sure what to do or if I did something wrong? But it is very uncomfortable. Also, TMI, maybe lol but I am not having normal bowel movements at all, so I don't know if that could play a part in it or not. Any advice?

@ccflotron32: Upon leaving the hospital, I was given a script for Lansoprazole DR 30mg to reduce acid reflux. I hope this helps.

http://www.medicinenet.com/lansoprazole/article.htm

"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around".

I got strep throat last week, and it has been rough ever since. I threw up my antibiotic yesterday, I feel exhausted, and I'm depressed. The scale stopped moving, so I stopped weighing myself. I feel alone, nauseated, and I'm having trouble getting my fluids and Protein. I need something to shake me out of this. Logically I know I need to take care of myself, but right now I struggle to do basic things. I'm so tired I am having trouble getting my walking in. I can't seem to force myself to do what I need to.

I would appreciate any advice right now.

Try some unflavored Protein powder in Water. My favorite is ice Water, lime, and powder -- shake it like a cocktail!

I know it is awful to swallow when sore throat I hope the water could help both priorities (medicine and nourishment) get down. I am sure it is a lot to deal with after major medical and life change to have sickness. Try to find small victories to move forward. Not walking a lot, but more than day before. Pat yourself on the back! Progress is day to day and personal!

Since I've had my surgery, I've definitely learned a couple things about myself.

1. I am used to eating EXTREMELY FAST and it is very difficult for me to slow down enough when eating

2. I am still having major head hunger issues! I feel like I'm STARVING and dream of food, but when I actually eat, it's like 5 bites and I can't eat any more.

3. I sometimes miss overeating. Isn't that crazy?! I miss being able to take those big huge bites, or eat an entire bowl of Pasta. I think that is part of this process, letting go of those unhealthy relationships we used to have with food.< /p>

And the final thing I've learned is that I have more confidence with every pound I lose! Down 21 and feeling GREAT!

What have you learned about yourself so far?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Since I've had my surgery, I've definitely learned a couple things about myself.

1. I am used to eating EXTREMELY FAST and it is very difficult for me to slow down enough when eating

2. I am still having major head hunger issues! I feel like I'm STARVING and dream of food, but when I actually eat, it's like 5 bites and I can't eat any more.

3. I sometimes miss overeating. Isn't that crazy?! I miss being able to take those big huge bites, or eat an entire bowl of Pasta. I think that is part of this process, letting go of those unhealthy relationships we used to have with food.< /p>

And the final thing I've learned is that I have more confidence with every pound I lose! Down 21 and feeling GREAT!

What have you learned about yourself so far?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

#3 is not crazy to me because I have had the same feelings! It is hard to watch people on tv eating and seeing them take normal bites lol