Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

sublingual means the melts are fine.

My surgery is on July 15 th

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

Congrats! You may also want to check out: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/369767-calling-all-july-2016-sleevers/page-8#entry4190195

You can get B12 injections at a lot of weight loss centers---Precision is one in Atlanta. They are about $10 a shot

I'm a mid June sleever (14th) and this has been the hardest and toughest thing I've ever been through. I hate to sound like a debbie downer but it's the truth. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but it has been way harder than I expected. I had a few complications during my surgery and ended up in ICU for 3 days and a regular room for 1. I hope and pray and each of you didnt/don't have complications with your surgeries and will have a way better experience than me!!

I'm a mid June sleever (14th) and this has been the hardest and toughest thing I've ever been through. I hate to sound like a debbie downer but it's the truth. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but it has been way harder than I expected. I had a few complications during my surgery and ended up in ICU for 3 days and a regular room for 1. I hope and pray and each of you didnt/don't have complications with your surgeries and will have a way better experience than me!!

Can you share a little more about what happened and your stats or background as you headed into surgery?

Hope you are on the mend! Take care.

Well......I had a huge vein coming off my spleen that ruptured. My dr said he thought it was never going to stop! Luckily it did but I had to get 2 units of blood and was in surgery for almost 4 hours. I know it was a freak thing but it still scared the hell out of me and my husband. I had to have a cath put in due to me not being able to urinate hours after surgery, which made walking around awkward lol I had 2 IVs in my right arm, a PIC line in my neck, and a bruised up left arm from all the blood work. It was tough! But I finally made it home 4 days later. I'm 3 weeks and 3 days post op....I was 303 the day before surgery and I'm only down to 286. I've been at 286 for over a week and it's driving me bonkers!!! I feel like I'm failing and we've waisted all this money for nothing :(

@@cmacaraneys I am so sorry to hear about what you went through. I am glad you are home and hopefully on a better path. I know that I did not have the same complications, but many have shared that healing can take a toll on body that can affect the speed of weightloss.

I too get discouraged when the scale does not move, but I try to think if someone had told me that in 3 weeks you could lose almost 30 pounds you would think that was awesome. It helps, and I am trying to only do weigh in 2 times per week.

But, I do wish it would melt off or I could hibernate (or live in a spa) for a few months!

One thing that helped was last night trying on clothes that had been too tight post surgery, that was an affirmation. And, though I did not take measurements pre-op I did take them last night so I can have that to fall back on for success milestones!

Definitely. I am just not really needing another errand and copay.

Don't you think it is odd you can't get even like one B12 at a time at pharmacy to do on your own? Is it intramuscular?

They loaded me down with lovanox but b12 is behind physician doors only.

How's everyone doing? Maggie, I hope you are feeling better. I ended up with some chest congestion and it's like day 5 or 6 of that and I'm really tired of coughing! Lol. Tolerating food pretty well though.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Maggie hope all is well with you. I'm doing pretty well I think. The GENEPRO arrived Thursday and I've been mixing it with cottage cheese or with mashed potatoes. There is no noticeable taste. So it has made my 60 gram goal easy. Tuesday I can move to the next phase of foods.

On a different note. I have noticed that I have 2 incisions still very much hurt, but only when I lay on my side. Not sure what that is all about. Hopefully I'm not developing adhesions.

I hope everyone else is doing well! Enjoy the weekend!!

Well......I had a huge vein coming off my spleen that ruptured. My dr said he thought it was never going to stop! Luckily it did but I had to get 2 units of blood and was in surgery for almost 4 hours. I know it was a freak thing but it still scared the hell out of me and my husband. I had to have a cath put in due to me not being able to urinate hours after surgery, which made walking around awkward lol I had 2 IVs in my right arm, a PIC line in my neck, and a bruised up left arm from all the blood work. It was tough! But I finally made it home 4 days later. I'm 3 weeks and 3 days post op....I was 303 the day before surgery and I'm only down to 286. I've been at 286 for over a week and it's driving me bonkers!!! I feel like I'm failing and we've waisted all this money for nothing :(

I'm so sorry you had all those complications! I'm one of the lucky ones who's had a very smooth post-op course. Hang in there, all the extra interventions have surely set you behind, but once you're fully recovered everything should start happening the way you anticipated it in the beginning. Glad to have you join us June patients :)

Maggie hope all is well with you. I'm doing pretty well I think. The GENEPRO arrived Thursday and I've been mixing it with cottage cheese or with mashed potatoes. There is no noticeable taste. So it has made my 60 gram goal easy. Tuesday I can move to the next phase of foods.

On a different note. I have noticed that I have 2 incisions still very much hurt, but only when I lay on my side. Not sure what that is all about. Hopefully I'm not developing adhesions.

I hope everyone else is doing well! Enjoy the weekend!!

No texture issues, either? I may have to try some! Do the incisions hurt because they're scabbing and pulling on your skin or is it internal? I have 3 actual incisions and 3 small punches...the incisions healed quickly and cleanly but the punches are raised, red and the scabs pull and hurt. I've started covering them with a bit of Vaseline and a bandaid to keep them soft until they're healed. Good luck and have a great weekend!

No texture issues either. It's definitely an internal pain. It's not the scabbing. I think I might need to start stretching.

No texture issues either. It's definitely an internal pain. It's not the scabbing. I think I might need to start stretching.

Yay for no texture issues! I say 'texture issues' a LOT now :P I hope you're able to resolve the pain, my doc did tell me to expect some pain when twisting or reaching from the 2 outer punches high on my abdomen.