Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

Had my post op appointment today. Staples and drain are gone. And I lost 34lbs. I wasn't really worried about losing weight just getting my Protein and Water in. I was shocked. In two days I'll be moved to soft foods. Woohoo!

Ok so I went out to dinner, and it went pretty well! We sat at the bar (no drinks for me boo) and ordered a crab cake app, it was heavenly - super soft, I was able to eat a few bites and my husband chowed down the rest (I think he's loving that I've had this surgery: more food for him lol!)

When we sat down at our table I ordered grouper cheeks in miso broth with bok choy and soba noodles. I was actually pretty full from the crab cake but felt kind of dumb for not ordering anything, so I figured it will be a great lunch tomorrow lol. Picked at it a little bit, it went down fine especially with the broth making it extra moist (didn't try the bok choy, seemed like it might be too fibrous) - anyways the waiter boxed up 99% of my meal and when we got the bill, they had taken my meal off!! The manager goes, "the waiter could tell you didn't like it" hahahaha! I argued and told them it was just fine but they insisted on taking it off the bill! My husband of course was like "THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!" I am still laughing about it. So, now we have another extra bonus, sleever buddies! You never know when you might get a free meal at a restaurant lol.

I weighed tonight and I am at 271 lbs. Total weight lost in 15 days post op: 15 lbs! :-)

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by APanda911

Those of you who moved to purée, have you noticed an increase in gas or gas pain? I have done pretty well with gas on the liquid phase but when I eat the purée food, I am getting gas pain more severe and more frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@APanda911 Ha, that's so funny! My husband and I were out yesterday and he wanted lunch so we went to Panera. He got a bowl of Soup and a half sandwich, I ate about 5 bites of soup and a couple of bites of chicken out of his sandwich and I was done! He's thrilled to have a cheap date ;-) And congrats on your weight loss! I'm losing about a pound or so a day and hoping that continues for a while!
PS grouper cheeks in miso broth sounds like a meal made in heaven...I'm in the Seattle area and I'm going to search out a restaurant that makes something like that!

I was sleeved 6_10_2016. Life has changed drastically for me. I never considered myself a "Foodie" until I was forced to change my eating habits and diet. EVERYDAY I see something different ( it's too early to say wonderfully amazing). I was thinking about what dating would be like. I one ear I hear Groucho Marks saying "I would never want to join a club that would have me as a member". In the other ear I hear the idea of going out on a date with someone who was also sleeved and we split a vegetable plate because we can't eat any more than that. For the life of me, I do not understand how someone could put back on the weight they lost because I eat very small meals and plenty of supplements (Protein, liquid Multivitamins, extra Vitamin B and Vitamin D.

"Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around."

@@chycky I thought I had True Lime but it's gone and my closest grocery didn't have it. I'm going to look at WinCo and see if they have it. I got some Mio Water enhancers today, one with Vitamins and one with electrolytes or some such nonsense. Mainly, they're zero or nearly zero calories and make water a little more fun. I've tried the blackberry raspberry flavor and it's very good. I also received my BP order of Syntrax Nectars, I got a sample bag that has about 12 flavors in it. I'll report as I try them out :)

Had my post op appointment today. Staples and drain are gone. And I lost 34lbs. I wasn't really worried about losing weight just getting my Protein and Water in. I was shocked. In two days I'll be moved to soft foods. Woohoo!

Congratulations, miss alli! 34 pounds? That's amazing and wonderful!! I'm at 15 days and I've only lost 20 and feel like I'm kicking some serious ass!

I had my surgery June 21 as well. Had the lap band back in 2011 but got it removes due to a slip in 2013. I gained most of my weight back and decided to try the sleeve. I'm on day 16 post op and I'm struggling with the amount of food I actually can eat. Decided to go back on my liquids for another two weeks. I also consulted a fitness coach to help with my goals.

I've been down this road before, I just want to do it right this time. With my band, I was young (22) and didn't make the right food choices. This time, especially since my stomach is actually smaller, I have to watch how I eat.

Support like these forums is new to me because I went it alone the first time and had some dark days. I don't want to do that this time. Sorry for the rant, but I feel like this time around WILL BE different.

@ShelterDog64. I think i got mine at whole foods or target.

I like idea of the flavor enhancers but I have not found one i like. I have never liked sweet drinks (unless chocolate) and the fake sugars leave a bad aftertaste with me.

My nut suggested unflavored in iced tea. I brewed up some herbal iced tea and may try that tomorrow.

@@donell1000 - I love this: "Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around." It really speaks to picking yourself up and getting on with this, even on hard days :) I love positive you sound, I hope you stay around and post with great group of June winners!

@@APanda911 Ha, that's so funny! My husband and I were out yesterday and he wanted lunch so we went to Panera. He got a bowl of Soup and a half sandwich, I ate about 5 bites of soup and a couple of bites of chicken out of his sandwich and I was done! He's thrilled to have a cheap date ;-) And congrats on your weight loss! I'm losing about a pound or so a day and hoping that continues for a while!

PS grouper cheeks in miso broth sounds like a meal made in heaven...I'm in the Seattle area and I'm going to search out a restaurant that makes something like that!

When I saw the miso broth I was so excited, I knew it would be perfect for the sleeve - so good! And lol I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has a grateful husband eating all the extra food

Ok so I went out to dinner, and it went pretty well! We sat at the bar (no drinks for me boo) and ordered a crab cake app, it was heavenly - super soft, I was able to eat a few bites and my husband chowed down the rest (I think he's loving that I've had this surgery: more food for him lol!)

When we sat down at our table I ordered grouper cheeks in miso broth with bok choy and soba noodles. I was actually pretty full from the crab cake but felt kind of dumb for not ordering anything, so I figured it will be a great lunch tomorrow lol. Picked at it a little bit, it went down fine especially with the broth making it extra moist (didn't try the bok choy, seemed like it might be too fibrous) - anyways the waiter boxed up 99% of my meal and when we got the bill, they had taken my meal off!! The manager goes, "the waiter could tell you didn't like it" hahahaha! I argued and told them it was just fine but they insisted on taking it off the bill! My husband of course was like "THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!" I am still laughing about it. So, now we have another extra bonus, sleever buddies! You never know when you might get a free meal at a restaurant lol.

I weighed tonight and I am at 271 lbs. Total weight lost in 15 days post op: 15 lbs! :-)

@@yeaaahBEE You said "Support like these forums is new to me because I went it alone the first time and had some dark days. I don't want to do that this time. Sorry for the rant, but I feel like this time around WILL BE different." I think you've got exactly the right attitude and it doesn't sound like a rant, more like a proclamation! A fitness coach sounds great too, something I've been thinking about as well. Will you share what he/she suggests and if it's working for you? It's nice to 'meet' you!

Also I meant to ask everybody: what meds are you on?

I am currently supposed to take daily:

(2) Flintstones chewable with Iron

(2) pepcid

(2) actigall

(1) Vitamin b-12

Its hard to get it all in!!

Edited by APanda911

(2) pepcid

(2) actigall

(1) Vitamin b-12

I am currently supposed to take (3) Flintstones chewables with Iron and (2) Calcium Chewable supplements per day. My surgery date was 6/27. They have me going for blood work in 2 weeks for a Nutritional Panel and will adjust my supplements as needed at that time.

(2) pepcid

(2) actigall

(1) Vitamin b-12

I'm on

1) A Multivitamin, I've been using BariMelts until they made me vomit 2 days ago. My doc suggested gummies so I got some at GNC and they're staying down :-)

2) Calcium

3) a B-12 transdermal patch

4) Protonix

5) D3 (I've been vit D deficient for years, it's either that or not use sunscreen and get skin cancer)

It is hard to get it all in.