Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

I am home from my checkup. Everything is good and I lost 20.9 pounds. I am now on puréed officially. I can't do the ricotta bake yet--but I am planning to try it in two weeks (no eggs allowed at this point). I did have some ricotta cheese for dinner though lol. I asked about swimming but I have to wait until the incisions have zero scabs. I hope that's soon!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I just had my 1st post op appointment today too and only lost 9 pounds. How did you lose so much in a week? Impressive!!

I am home from my checkup. Everything is good and I lost 20.9 pounds. I am now on puréed officially. I can't do the ricotta bake yet--but I am planning to try it in two weeks (no eggs allowed at this point). I did have some ricotta cheese for dinner though lol. I asked about swimming but I have to wait until the incisions have zero scabs. I hope that's soon!

I just had my 1st post op appointment today too and only lost 9 pounds. How did you lose so much in a week? Impressive!!

Oh sorry, my first checkup was two weeks after. So that 20 is for two weeks. Great job on the 9! That's awesome!

Awww thanks! I keep seeing all these 20 pound losses at the 1st post op visit and wondering what I'm doing wrong! Lol. My doc does a 9 day visit to remove the drain.

My first appt is tomorrow. My doctor doesn't have a "soft food" stage, just puréed and slowly incorporate solids around week 4. I'm going to ask about that.

Also, does anyone know if thinly sliced deli ham or turkey would be considered a "soft" food?

Idk I only know that today my dr told me to try to see if i can handle a tiny bite of turkey. I have been a vegetarian since I was 12 but i have been so hungry and week that I tried it. It was as uncomfortable as swallowing my Protein Shake but it held off the stomach burning until my next bite 2 hours later. It takes a while day to eat 1/2 piece of lunch meat. I am supposed to get puree next week. As much as I chewed the turkey I'm sure my teeth pureed the meat for me. But ask your doctor because from looking at these forums different doctors have different recommendations. Ask your doctor.

Sent from my XT1028 using the BariatricPal App

I go from liquid+ (yogurt cream Soup cottage cheese) to mushy foods that would include sliced meat and eggs next week (week 3 post op)

My two week checkin was 15lbs down. I just want to see scale move every day. I am trying not to check more than couple times per week.

My 2 week post-op appt went well today! I've lost 18.5 lbs, all of my incisions are healing well and I got my diflucan!
Best of all, my doc released me to eat whatever I want...he said he trusts me to do the best thing for myself and that my stomach, at 2 weeks, is healed enough to handle anything as long as I chew it veryveryvery well.

No caffeine, no NSAIDs and of course no alcohol, but otherwise I'm free to eat as long as I'm shooting for 90g Protein and limiting sugars/simple carbs, just as I've been doing. Tonight I had a little bit, maybe 2 oz?, of grilled salmon. It was heavenly.
Now I need to start seriously tracking what I'm eating, so I need a good food tracking app. I'm using My Fitness Pal, but I don't love it. I have another app called Baritastic, but it doesn't track Fiber so my dietitian doesn't like it because she wants me to track fiber later on. Do any of you use something else, or have any suggestions about things you've heard of?

Sounds like we all had good appointments today, yay June sleeve buddies!

Hey guys! I am so happy to have found you. I had my sleeve on 6/29. When I first woke up in recovery I was in horrible pain and then in my room I was still hurting. All I wanted was my mommy lol But I got IV dilaudid And that really helped but knocked me up. And my mouth was so dry from the anti nausea patch. I could barely talk. But they finally got me up walking and going to the bathroom and that made a world of difference. I was released the next day. Thank goodness.

So far I've had no problems. No nausea or vomiting. I ate Tomato Soup and it didn't bother me at all. Just these weird gurgling noises.

The pain since I've been home has been minimal. Just where my drain is. I was sent home on Norco and haven't needed it much. My drain and staples get taken out tomorrow!! And I get to go to soft foods. Scrambled eggs here I come. All I've wanted since my family's cookout is a grilled weinee with ketchup. I'm sooo sick of cottage cheese, pudding, and Protein Shakes. And I'm having the worst time getting my fluids in. I was never a big drinker before and now it's a challenge. A big one.

I also get these weird burps that feel like they're stuck. Even when I'm not drinking anything. And I haven't been able to feel full yet. I'm so scared of getting sick that I eat a little and then stop. Puking is never an option for me lol

I'm so excited to have other people that know what I'm going through and can relate. I feel so alone in this sometimes.

I am also grateful for the conversations. It is always good to hear others felt it had same post-op experiences.

Congrats and welcome to June 2016 group!

Follow up. I'm down 9 pounds since surgery and got clearance from doc for soft foods!! Yay! Before I could even ask the doctor suggested deli meats wrapped around cheese---so from his perspective deli meats are a soft food. It's crazy that every doctor seems to have a different philosophy regarding post op diets.

I had my op on Monday feeling stupid for doing this to myself

I felt the same way last week after my op too. I feel 1000 times better a week later.

Hi everybody. I was sleeved on June 27. It has been very helpful reading some of your posts because I have been going through a lot of the same things. For the first week I had a lot of pain, but each day is getting better. I am also struggling with the Protein Shakes, for my sweet tooth is now gone. I will make it through until the soft foods stage though. I think I have two more weeks until then...

Maggie, can you elaborate on which card you mentioned in an earlier post? Curious if my medical team is forgetting something.