Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling defeated

@@ccnb Sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up! Don't restrict calories - concentrate on Protein.

How are you eating 900 calories at 2 weeks?

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

That's a great question at 1 month out I'm only able to do 500-700 day.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I'm almost 3 months out and I'm between 400 to 650 per day still. I've heard going above 800 during this initial weight loss can be harmful to weight loss. Idk.

It's really the other way around.

Im so glad i found this site because id be a wreck and i havent even have the surgery yet. Im at 6 months of seeing the nutritionist and they saw something on the upper gi that is needing a biopsy. Im a cancer survivor already so i really hope its nothing like that again but if it is, ill just roll over it again and keep on dealing with it. My faith is strong and my support from you guys are stronger so dont worry if youre losing it slowly. Thats how i hope to lose mine because it seems like when you lose weight to fast you look sickly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm two weeks out as of yesterday. i go back to work on Monday. I've lost a total of 21 pounds.. but it's not going to continue this fast. My doctor had a long talk with me. He said that they have no explanation for it but you will go a week, sometimes two, following the rules and you may not lose anything... then all of a sudden you will drop more than a pound or two. He said to be patient and only get on the scale once a week.

I'm going to do what he says to do and try to stay optimistic. When I had lap band surgery it happened the same way - Just keep the faith... none of us put it on over night - although sometimes it feels that way - it's not going to come off over night either.

This is something that is permanent .... be patient.. drink, drink, drink and concentrate on Protein intake and just relax.

Good luck.

Update: I lost 6 more pounds! Thanks for the encouragement and advice everyone!! I think I'm more mentally prepared for the ups and downs. I'm gonna stick to my plan and only weigh myself once a week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

It's a roller coaster. Stick to your plan and it evens out over time. I use premier Protein shakes from costco. They are 160c and 30g of Protein. Most of us do not intake nearly that amount of calories early on. I'm at 7 months and am at 800-1000. I don't think you should have to feel like we should have to feel like we have to work out hard in order to eat. Good luck in your journey!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you eating 900 calories at 2 weeks?

That's a great question at 1 month out I'm only able to do 500-700 day.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I'm almost 3 months out and I'm between 400 to 650 per day still. I've heard going above 800 during this initial weight loss can be harmful to weight loss. Idk.

That sounds really low for three months out, especially if you are exercising. What does your NUT say?

It seems quite early for you to be on your stationary bike at two weeks, I wasn't cleared for cardio until 6 weeks.

@@ccnb, While it can be disappointing not to hit your expectations, it’s also important to remember that expectations are very rarely met when it comes to post-op weight loss! You lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks – that’s phenomenal! That would be a rate of 300 lbs. in a year – and you aren’t sincerely expecting to lose 300 lbs. this year, are you???

Now, why the stall? First, it’s barely a stall; it’s been only a few days. Second, because your body is trying to catch up from losing those first 10 lbs., plus recovering from surgery (it’s a big deal and takes its toll on the body).

What can you do about it? Be patient. Are you hitting your Protein, calorie, and Fluid goals? If not, focus on those before worrying about the scale. If you are, the pounds will come off just like they’re supposed to. It will just be on your body’s schedule, not your brain’s schedule. :)

You’ll be fine if you just stick to what you’re supposed to do and you’re patient!