Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling defeated

I'm only two weeks out but I'm starting to become depressed. I've lost 12lbs since surgery 10 in the first week. Now I'm gaining and losing the same 1lb. How the hell could this be? I'm taking in less than 900 call a day my shakes included. I'm walking and doing a stationary bike and nothing is happening. Is it possible that the surgery didn't work? Wth is going on? My doctors office isn't very helpful or supportive, after i had the surgery i felt like they could care less. I'm just really feeling down and i don't know what to do.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

You are not alone! I lost 17lbs in the first two weeks and then week 3 and 4 a total of 3lbs. I was so stressed I thought my scale was broken so I went out and bought a new one. It's really hard to not compare our progress to other people but I think we just have to be patient.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

What week are u know? Mind sharing your stats?

I had rny 5/19 sw: 321 cw:302 I lost 14lbs on my pre surgery diet.

How are you eating 900 calories at 2 weeks?

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

That's a great question at 1 month out I'm only able to do 500-700 day.

How are you eating 900 calories at 2 weeks?

That's a great question at 1 month out I'm only able to do 500-700 day.

I'm almost 3 months out and I'm between 400 to 650 per day still. I've heard going above 800 during this initial weight loss can be harmful to weight loss. Idk.

Idk, maybe the shakes? I can barely eat so it must be. Today i had 710 calories, burned 490 walking

That's good I didn't start getting serious about my work out until week 3 or so. I was told to make sure the Protein shakes are less than 160 calories per serving. Idk if that helps I drink the Premier Protein

I think they are less than 200 kcal. My mother in law makes me a lot of pureed dishes but i stick to my 1/2 Cup servings Cuz i feel sick if i try to push it. My meals are typically 150-200kcal.

I think they are less than 200 kcal. My mother in law makes me a lot of pureed dishes but i stick to my 1/2 Cup servings Cuz i feel sick if i try to push it. My meals are typically 150-200kcal.

That's were I'm at with my meals as well. I typically only have 1 shake I try to get Protein from the food I eat. I'll be honest I'm over them shakes!

Thank you, i guess i just needed to hear from people who have or are going through this process. I'm a nurse, i try to be realistic about it but i guess i was feeling bad because everyone i know that's had surgery lost so much so fast.

Everyone's journey is different. Embrace yours just as it is. Keep doing what you are supposed to and you will do great.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

The longer you keep your calories low, the more your metabolism gets screwed up and the harder long term maintenance will be. I increased my calories ASAP and some of my Protein Shakes had 300-400 calories just for that reason.. I was never below 600 and closer to 800 around the 2-4 month mark and 1000 by 5-6 months. Maybe you lose slower, but it's a more permanent loss and easier to maintain.

Perfect timing for the third week stall. Your journey is just starting, so keep in mind that that stalls are like lovers: Your first will probably not be your last.