Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled June 28

Hi everyone! I'm scheduled for June 28 for my Obera Balloon! Got my meds, Jello, popsicles,tea,broth,etc. Any other must have suggestions!?

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

How exciting! Looks like you've been reading up. :-) I would also suggest a Protein drink that you know you like, some sort of stool softener (like Miralax or Colace ... and start taking it a few days before the procedure), and a wedge pillow (or just plan to prop yourself up).

Are you getting an anti-nausea patch? If not, ask for one. Are you getting painkillers? If not, Tylenol seems to be the painkiller of choice (you can even take the children's liquid version if you are struggling with pills).

Other than that, all you need is patience to get through the first few days. ;-) Speaking of, I even purchased barf bags from Amazon, and I was glad to have them - even when I didn't need them (just knowing they were in my purse was a comfort).

Once you're ready for food, applesauce, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and eggs are all helpful.

I hope that helps. Wishing you well on the 28th and throughout your journey. Cheers!

Good luck on your Obera Balloon insertion. :)

Definitely getting better by the hour. Started puree diet today and doing well. Just taking things very slowly and cautious. But I'm not regretting it anymore

If by pureed you mean soft foods too, Greek yogurt and scrambled eggs are your friends ... just not together. ;-)

This is what im having to eat capost-293872-14674109313302_thumb.jpg

Ah yes ... So Greek yogurt is in, but not quite scrambled eggs. Soon enough. :-) How's it going? What specifically are you eating? Hope all is well!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm not great! No nausea and no vomiting. I'm now just hungry and tired of liquid food. I'm struggling with drinking enough Water.

After I got past the yuk of the first few days, I was ravenous!! I was probably really hungry like that for 10 days and thinking, what the heck - shouldn't the balloon make me feel full all of the time?!? But that passed and now I do get/feel full. I think it just takes your brain a week or so to catch up to your stomach, or for your body to adjust to the reduced calories or something. So be patient - it will pass.

Try to get as much Protein as possible - that will help. Greek yogurt, milk, cottage cheese. You can even add Protein powder to them to beef them up. That will make you feel more full. As will Water. What's the challenge with the Water - do you not like it or is just hard to get it all in?

If you feel like you're ready to "eat" then you may be ready to start the really soft stuff, like scrambled eggs. That made me feel a lot better. Then I did frozen spaghetti in meat sauce and I chewed it up really well. Something about that was comforting, soothing and satiating. Having said that, some people struggle with Pasta but I have not - especially the frozen stuff since it's so soft. It's very satisfying for me.

Ease in to new things to make sure they agree with you. But if you feel ready to move on, you may be. Just don't do too much at once - you don't want to overeat and end up feeling miserable.

Hang in there - you're doing great!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App