Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's my motivation

It's been a while since I've posted. I had my lap band surgery 01/2015 I've lost maybe about 30/35 lbs. Now a days I have no "umph" no motivation and the weight stopped coming off a long time a go!!! I keep telling myself "tmrw is the day I'll start" start lifting, start drinking Water, start it all. I tell myself "ur kids need u, ur all they have" and still that brings no motivation. What is wrong with me????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

Don't try to do it all at once when I did that all I did was backpedaling ( figuratively) I started going to a gym that is associated with the bariatric surgeon group that did my band. From Sept-Jan all I did was work out-didn't even change my eating- then I saw my doc to make sure all was ok with the band (wanted to blame something other than me) no problems there. He topped my band off then suggested I do a food journal until the next visit. Did that for 10 days. Stopped but it was enough to make me be more careful with my food. I love exercise (once I start it up) my trainer is the best. She is the most motivating person I have ever met. During all this I have only lost 10 lbs more but the best is that I have lost 22 inches since last September when I started back to the gym. My entire point to this is find something to get you back into it- food journaling, working out or just reading the material you were given. I have a great book that speaks in English ( not medical terms) about all the journeys thru lapband. You might try getting this - it's from a patients point if view. Bandwagon by Jean McMillan. Whatever you do- do something don't make getting the lapband a waste of time. It will eventually work for you once you start doing the work.

Thx. I know they say one day at a time, but I know I gotta put in the work

"Tomorrow" isn't going to work. If you mean it, you'll do it today. It can be no more than increasing your Water intake. That's a step, a valid step, and one that you'll be able to give yourself credit for.

When I pressure myself, I aim to take the pressure off by telling my self that I don't have to lose weight (or whatever else is at hand). Wanting to lose weight carries more weight. We often ignore the shoulds, have to's and other commands. We're more likely to do what do what we want to do.

"Motivation" is nowhere near the mystery people seem to think. In the case of losing weight, it's as simple as what we want for ourselves. Ask yourself what you want for yourself and, voilà!, there's your motivation. How much you want to meet it is something only you can figure out for yourself.

Attending your surgery practice's support meetings and taking part here can help.

Thank u, I needed to hear this thank u