Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 9 weeks post op from a RNY and things are going well. I'm losing an average of 0.5 lbs a day (yes, I weigh myself daily). I have lots of hair and haven't noticed any thinning yet. Is Hair loss a given and how far down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

hair loss is not a given. Mine started right around the beginning of month 3. It was severe and did not stop until my weight loss slowed to a crawl which was around month 13.

I lost so much hair that I was shocked that I had any on my head at all. Now I am 21 months post op and my hair is very very thick and it came back very curly. I am having to learn how to manage it differently because of how curly it has become. I spoke with my dermatologist about it because he specializes in hair as well and he said it is common for your hair to change once you go through something so extraordinary. The same thing happens with cancer patients.

I love my new hair and it was totally worth every worry. I am slightly below goal at 161lbs down, almost 150lbs. I look great and feel even better.

I am currently about 4 1/2 months out. At 4 months I noticed more hair coming out in the shower and in my brush. I don't notice it when I look in the mirror. I started taking Biotin a few months before my RNY which was in February. I have since lost 101 lbs! I still take my Biotin and Bariatric Vitamins everyday of course! I hope this answer helps you and congratulations on the beginning of your journey!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches