Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Surgery for the WIN!

Yesterday the AC on our house went out. It was to be expected as we've been watching our neighbor's units being replaced pretty steadily over the last year and every house in my 'hood was built at the same time.

(We were smart enough to buy home protection service last year as we watched it happen, too. ;) )

Anywho...yesterday my kids started complaining that is was hot in the house. I'm usually freezing (bedazzled) @ss cold so I didn't even notice. Checked the AC, it was set at 76 and it was 80 in the house. Checked the breaker in the garage and the reset button on the unit. Definitely dead.

By last night, it was a balmy 87 inside. Everyone else in the house is in misery. Me? I don't care if it takes them a week to get here. I'm like a turtle. I'm just soaking up the warmth.

And yes, I still slept under the down comforter last night.

:D

I've had the same thing. I don't turn the air on at all. The boys finally complain enough and turn it on and I wrap up in a blanket. I've never been this way before. It's so crazy to me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have to be really careful because it takes a lot for me to get hot now, but not much for my furry little companion. So I have to pay close attention to him to make sure the temp is comfortable in here.

I get cold too. I don't have AC and am pretty happy in the 80s/90s, an opinion not shared by others!

I have to be really careful because it takes a lot for me to get hot now, but not much for my furry little companion. So I have to pay close attention to him to make sure the temp is comfortable in here.

That's the only worry I have. We have a guinea pig that may have to live downstairs until it's fixed and a Goldendoodle who FORTUNATELY just got a summer cut, or she's be fracking miserable.

I get cold too. I don't have AC and am pretty happy in the 80s/90s, an opinion not shared by others!

The only part I don't like is the humidity. Curly hair and all.

It's 70 in our house this morning. I'm sitting under a thick Pendleton wool blanket right now, and hubby has a fan turned on him.

I think this is our future. ;)

It totally bemuses me this feeling the cold thing!

Living in the uk getting too hot isn't usually an issue! but when I was 100lb heavier, on the few occasions the sun did show its face, I used to dread it as I'd get hot and sweaty even thinking about the temperature going above 75!

We visit Florida each Easter and I used to dread the heat but love the air con everywhere! Especially in diners and restaurants etc, and in our holiday villa I would set it as low as I could, even though the user manual always said not to lol! My parents come with us and my mum would always be cold when we ate out and need a sweater or something to keep warm, and at night would need the comforter and still be cold in bed as I set the air con so cold!

Well, this year we went to Florida and a whole new world opened up! I was cold everywhere with air con! I even had to set it to heat in our villa for the first few days of our trip as it wasn't very warm outside, and in restaurants/diners etc I was always freezing and had to buy a sweater! I hadn't gone prepared!

I guess losing 100lb of insulation makes a big difference now I'm willing the sun to come out in the uk this summer and looking forward to my holiday to Europe where it will be nice and hot!

Everywhere I go I take a sweater and a hand fan.

As I lose my "insulation", I am cold most of the time, but as my fibromyalga worsens, so do my hot flashes.

I sometimes have to check to see how Gucci (my chinese crested) is faring. Since he is hairless, I look to him to judge what "normal temp" for the day is.

Whether it's switching from a sweater to fanning myself within a thirty second time period, I'm much healthier and moving forward with my life.

I'll take that!

I have found myself to be more comfortable when the weather is in the 80's with mild-moderate humidity. If the humidity level is moderate-high, I still sweat, but not like I did before. My head has always been the worst part that perspires on me; even as a kid. So I wear my hair up in a ponytail, or just pulled back somehow on those days. Right now I have a sleeveless top on at work, and I'm freezing! I think I need to get my sweater. It is supposed to be in the mid-high 80's here in Northeast Ohio today, but we also have rain coming which means humidity. So, we'll see how the house fares with it later today and this evening. I do find myself not setting it as low as I used to. I get chilly now! My husband sits with sweats on and a microfleece jacket because he is always freezing! He lost 85-90 lbs over the past 5 years and has no insulation anymore. He used to be quite the heater! Not anymore. I guess I look forward to being like that once I lose that much weight!

I'm praying I get less hot, cold even, as I lose weight. I am the one who's always sweating my butt off, even with virtually no activity. And I live in hell aka Texas. I grew up in Alaska. I always say I can put on more clothes or otherwise add heat, but no one seems to like it when I start stripping off clothes in public.

It doesn't get humid here in the warm weather!

I'm praying I get less hot, cold even, as I lose weight. I am the one who's always sweating my butt off, even with virtually no activity. And I live in hell aka Texas. I grew up in Alaska. I always say I can put on more clothes or otherwise add heat, but no one seems to like it when I start stripping off clothes in public.

This particular problem will be resolved very soon. ;)

I agree with VSGAnn2014. That was one of the things I prayed would change after surgery. I'm 9 weeks out, and I remember the first night home from surgery I woke up in the middle of the night literally freezing...had to get an extra blanket and everything! Since then I'm not THAT cold anymore, but find that I'm more comfortable in the warmer weather than I was prior to surgery. I used to only keep the heat on in our house in the winter at 62-63 degrees. Anything higher than that and I was sweating profusely (I live in Northeast Ohio, so it does get pretty cold here in the winter). Summertime usually a/c on at 71 degrees whenever we went into the 80's. Yesterday I had the windows open and just the ceiling fans on. Was very comfortable, and I slept with my blanket on!

Yesterday the AC on our house went out. It was to be expected as we've been watching our neighbor's units being replaced pretty steadily over the last year and every house in my 'hood was built at the same time.

(We were smart enough to buy home protection service last year as we watched it happen, too. ;) )

Anywho...yesterday my kids started complaining that is was hot in the house. I'm usually freezing (bedazzled) @ss cold so I didn't even notice. Checked the AC, it was set at 76 and it was 80 in the house. Checked the breaker in the garage and the reset button on the unit. Definitely dead.

By last night, it was a balmy 87 inside. Everyone else in the house is in misery. Me? I don't care if it takes them a week to get here. I'm like a turtle. I'm just soaking up the warmth.

And yes, I still slept under the down comforter last night.

:D

I'm the same! We keep our air on 77-78 and sometimes that is too cold