Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegan eating......

Hi all, I have been a vegetarian for almost a year and I am switching into veganism. I am almost a month out of surgery and I am having a difficult time figuring out meals that are vegan, but also high in Protein. I drink 2 hemp protein smoothies a day, but I am looking for something different!

I like to eat a whole food diet... but i am not vegetarian.. but i love to eat that way.... and adding meat.

Some foods that are great and high in Protein are lentils, pulses, veggies (obviously), tofu, falafel, chickpeas, etc

Chickpeas and lentils and tofu would be the best to add bulk and Protein to meals....

If i am in a non meat mood... i just supplement the meat in my recipes using those.

Lentil curries, chickpea stews, falafel as Snacks etc...

But... going vegan... how do you plan to get your Calcium.. i hear broccoli is difficult for some

I like to eat a whole food diet... but i am not vegetarian.. but i love to eat that way.... and adding meat.

Some foods that are great and high in Protein are lentils, pulses, veggies (obviously), tofu, falafel, chickpeas, etc

Chickpeas and lentils and tofu would be the best to add bulk and Protein to meals....

If i am in a non meat mood... i just supplement the meat in my recipes using those.

Lentil curries, chickpea stews, falafel as Snacks etc...

But... going vegan... how do you plan to get your calcium.. i hear broccoli is difficult for some

I drink almond milk. It has more Calcium than traditional milk.

I AM VEGAN AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO EAT ANY ANIMAL PRODUCTS TO GET YOUR Vitamins

I am vegan and am about a month out of surgery. I'm having trouble getting enough Protein in the tiny portions I can manage. I've been having Protein shakes for two meals and seitan for dinner, but it takes about an hour to eat it. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Soft tofu. You can also blend silken tofu through Soups.

Merl2113 what are you using for Protein shakes? I'm wondering about the vegan options. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I love this food site. They have a month each year that they focus on vegan.

http://www.seriouseats.com/vegan-experience

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Merl2113 what are you using for Protein shakes? I'm wondering about the vegan options. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I've been using VegaOne (the chai flavor). It is pea Protein based and also has Fiber and greens. It can be gritty when mixed with just Water, but is fine when mixed with almond milk.