Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys so I'm just about done with my 6 months guided weight loss with my pcp for insurance and then I'll get to have my first meeting with my surgeon. The only thing I have to do is insurance approval(which the surgeons office will handle) and seeing the nutritionist after I meet the surgeon. My question is how long after your first meeting with the surgeon did it take to find out ur surgery date? My last pcp app is June 30th, and my 29th birthday is July 26th. I'm kinda hoping to make this my present to myself this yr. Was wondering how close I'd get. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

Good for you! And what a great present...I ad my first meeting with the doctor and scheduled that day! I am not sure al work like that, but bring your appointment book and I hope you need it!

There is such a wide ranges of time from first visit to surgery date. For some it's so quick. And others not so much. For me it is coming up on 2 years. I hope yours is sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using the BariatricPal App

I met my surgeon back in February - had to do their presurgery testing (EGD, swallow study, and upper GI).

EGD found H Pylori, added 2 weeks of treatment & 12 weeks to wait for breath test.

My Dr told me it takes most people (at their clinic with my insurance) about a year for the process. I'm at 9 mo now...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh wow, I don't know if I can handle waiting another year for all this. That's wild how long it takes some of yall. My mom had her surgery in January 2016 and I think hers took maybe 6 months start to finish

Edited by Kyn13

I had my first visit with the surgeon in October 2015 and had to do 6 months medically supervised diet. I had my surgery on May 27th. My surgeons office handled the medically supervised diet differently. Every month I would meet with the nurse and then the dietitian at their office. In the time I was completing the supervised diet I also completed the required testing.

Once I completed all my pre surgery required tasks I was able to speak to the scheduler and set a date that day (my last supervised diet visit).

Good luck on your journey and keep us updated! ☺️

Edited by Dashofpixiedust8

I think it could be possible if things with your insurance and the surgeon's schedule fall into place.... If your required to do 6 months supervised diet but you have been working with another doctor such as primary care they may fill out the paperwork to move the situation along.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

I think it could be possible if things with your insurance and the surgeon's schedule fall into place.... If your required to do 6 months supervised diet but you have been working with another doctor such as primary care they may fill out the paperwork to move the situation along.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

Yeah the surgeon let's the pcp do the 6 months monitored weight loss and once I go in for my last visit on the 30th she will fax a sheet for each month along with the 5 yrs of proof of obesity as well as a letter of medical necessity. I've passed my psychological testing. The only things left on my to do list is the first consult with the surgeon and the nutritionist and then insurance approval.