Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do some folks try to ruin this forum?

I love you all...

Well, no...

There are a couple of you who I barely tolerate and another one or two whose posts I read only because you make me feel better about myself (because I'm not you)...

But apart from those - you're all great...

And you know what?

As hard as it may be to believe, there are probably people who don't really like me!! :o :o

We don't all need to like each other...

We just need to shut up and play on...

Like we do every day in the real world...

I'm the same here as I am in real life..

I'm sure most (or at least some) of you are the same...

But then there are those who use the anonymity and the safety of the internet as their strength...

And to be honest, I don't think that's the "vets"...

Anyway, it's the middle of the night for you b*tches...

So sleep soundly...

Because I may have caused all sorts of sh*t here by the time you all wake...

Love and licks...

Kinda...

@@KindaFamiliar - Just not worried about you. You are who you are and when you are not feeling in that F it all mood, you make some good observations, so I'm fine. Of course I just came back from Lotus Land (Southern California) so I am in a particularly mellow mood...hope everyone is digging my pouka shells.

It's not a forum for vets that is needed, it's one for glaikit bairns. I see that whilst I have been in the land of nod, one of the latest bairns has been busy posting its usual load of old cobblers.

It's just past 7am here in Surrey in the UK and I'm in my usual position of arse wedged in bed, cuppa in hand, three dogs, two cats, one husband all grabbing last bits of shut eye taking up large amounts of bed. I love waking up to find a good discussion that has been going on that my fellow WLS associates from other parts of the globe have been indulging in whilst I have been getting my very much needed beauty sleep.

I know which posts have been helpful to me on this forum and who have been the most helpful responders. These do not include (in any form) the warm fuzzy pussyfooting samaritan enablers with their sometimes, to me, quite inane, 'advice'. I often have a quick peek to see where these guys are in their journey and see that they haven't even got as far as having surgery! So WTF right have they got to be dishing out advice on something that they have no personal experience of!!!!!! When did they qualify as medical professionals? Huh? Give me a good old fashioned vet who has had practical experience of WLS any time and if they behave like a sargeant major so be it. If I post a serious question I want a serious answer. I don't need to be given a cuddle and a dummy to sooth me. Maybe there should be a forum just called 'Fuzzy Cuddle Lounge'. That way we could let all those who don't like the truth, humour and, quite frankly the grown up behaviour of some very experienced WLS vets go somewhere else! Where they would feel nurtured and loved and hear replies to their posts that they wanted to hear. Rant over. I need more tea!

The "Fuzzy Cuddle Lounge" doesn't sound like my kinda thing...

But if there's a "Smooth Something-or-other Lounge" then I'm all over that sh*t!!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Smooth Something-or-other...

Oh how my mouth waters...

Missed ya mate. How's the stall? I'm in a bit of one too so been route marching the dogs to try to jiggle my fat loose. Oh yes, that, and doing all the other things that I know that I have to do to get the poundage off. I haven't felt the need yet to ask for fuzzy cuddle advice yet!

You are welcome to dance with me at home, with great dance music streaming, and volume up with air-con on :D

We can dance together with AussieGirl81, and attempt to move like my favourite Chinese dancer....

We can laugh and have FUN and lose weight at the same time!

Cheers,

I am recently sleeved and will probably say I have been lucky in that I had a great medical program I went through and felt prepared from all aspects of the surgery, nutrition needs and physical aspects. I have a direct line to my surgeon, NUT, program coordinator, and exercise physiologist. Even with my core medical group in place I am thankful for this forum and new friends that I have met, that understand where I am at in my journey and for the veterans who understand where this journey will take me and can provide guidance.

I spent over a year reading and researching before I finally decided to take this wls journey. Part of researching was trolling through this forum before signing up and learning about real experiences from people who had already gone through this (the vets.). The information they share is priceless and btw free.

I have seen posts from vets that were not so nice, posts from newbies not so nice and posts from people who have yet to have wls surgery and posts information in an authoritative voice as if they know everything about wls and have had years of success. To me the latter is the worst.

I have learned to take what information I need and leave what I don't need and for the rest chalk it up for entertainment purposes.

P.S. - I drank from a straw and lived to tell about! I know I am not suppose to drink from straws not because a veteran told me not to because "my doctor ", said it was a no no! The age old battle "to straw or not straw will continue." I won't recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's not a forum for vets that is needed, it's one for glaikit bairns. I see that whilst I have been in the land of nod, one of the latest bairns has been busy posting its usual load of old cobblers.

It's just past 7am here in Surrey in the UK and I'm in my usual position of arse wedged in bed, cuppa in hand, three dogs, two cats, one husband all grabbing last bits of shut eye taking up large amounts of bed. I love waking up to find a good discussion that has been going on that my fellow WLS associates from other parts of the globe have been indulging in whilst I have been getting my very much needed beauty sleep.

I know which posts have been helpful to me on this forum and who have been the most helpful responders. These do not include (in any form) the warm fuzzy pussyfooting samaritan enablers with their sometimes, to me, quite inane, 'advice'. I often have a quick peek to see where these guys are in their journey and see that they haven't even got as far as having surgery! So WTF right have they got to be dishing out advice on something that they have no personal experience of!!!!!! When did they qualify as medical professionals? Huh? Give me a good old fashioned vet who has had practical experience of WLS any time and if they behave like a sargeant major so be it. If I post a serious question I want a serious answer. I don't need to be given a cuddle and a dummy to sooth me. Maybe there should be a forum just called 'Fuzzy Cuddle Lounge'. That way we could let all those who don't like the truth, humour and, quite frankly the grown up behaviour of some very experienced WLS vets go somewhere else! Where they would feel nurtured and loved and hear replies to their posts that they wanted to hear. Rant over. I need more tea!

For the win!

As the original poster I’d like to say I’m honestly sorry I ever posted this topic…..Never did I think it would cause such an uproar. Yes, I expected it to cause a “little” banter, but right at the top of the screen when you enter the Rant and Rave section it says this “Want debate? Get it here. Gripe, complain, moan, fight, rant and rave. Enter at your own risk!” So I thought it would be appropriate to post my rant here...……but several times I’ve been accused of just being a trouble maker by posting this. Trouble making was certainly not my intent.

My point was simply based on an observation that I had while reading posts and seemed to come across several that were sarcastic and or snarky…..and happened to be from vets…….. There was even a pretty good example in this post, and she even mentioned she thought she may be banned for her post……those were the type of posts I was referring to…..being rude, sarcastic, or name calling is never necessary from a vet, a newbie, or anyone!

My observation had nothing to do with thinking someone needed to be coddled for doing something or eating something dangerous to their health…..and quite frankly the coddling and sugary responses are not good for anyone in my opinion…. I simply think that responding in a way that provides information in a way that does not belittle someone is the best approach, and if you read a post and don’t feel like you can respond that way, simply don’t respond.

I will add that since my original post I’ve also seen newbies being rude…. Really Rude! (I actually think this person must have been a troll…I have no idea!!)…..but I’ve also seen a couple of others that in my opinion received good advice from a vet and for some unknown reason took it the wrong way and responded in a very rude way without asking for clarification. So yes it does go both ways. It is very difficult to determine someone’s intent by reading ……but there are also ways of wording statements that can help it come across the right way. Will that work every time? No!......But if you start to respond to someone, whether you’re a vet, a newbie, or something in-between, and the first thing you type is “Are you kidding me?”…….chances are, you need to step back and put a little more thought in your response, or just move on to the next post and let someone else respond.

Again, I apologize for ruffling feathers…….

I do not see this "I'll just take my toys and go home" attitude as mature. I find it ironic that the very vets who are grousing about whiners have now become whiners themselves. I think we could ALL (me too) use a little introspection here.

I do not see this "I'll just take my toys and go home" attitude as mature. I find it ironic that the very vets who are grousing about whiners have now become whiners themselves. I think we could ALL (me too) use a little introspection here.

And the name calling starts again. I think you are missing the point that everyone is here because they want to be. No one is being paid or compensated in any way. I stay because I feel like I can "pay back" the help I received when I was a newbie and yes, much of it was tough, blunt, "are you kidding me" type answers.

I don't NEED to help those who are easily offended, who call names, who report anything/everything I post just because my name is on it. And yes, there are definitely people I avoid.

It has nothing to do with "bruised egos", "toys", "maturity" or "whining". But thank you for clarifying your position here. ;)