Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do some folks try to ruin this forum?

I myself come to these threads for the entertainment value! Wouldn't miss em for the world!!!

haha I actually think that may be the whole reason I posted the original post.....I'll be 4 weeks post op on Monday and think I'm having a hormonal dump and just needed a good snarky pissy conversation...hahaha

Let me clarify..........I certainly still standby what I've said in my original post and still believe people should be able to ask questions without fear of being belittled .......

What I'm admitting to is I knew the post would spark some good banter and due to the b:tchy mood I've been in today it sort of "hit the spot" and was just what I needed......actually saved my husband from having to take the brunt of it...haha

Ahhh...well that makes this all SO much better. ;)

Why do I feel like handing out pieces of cake now??? Mmmm. Cake.

@@Sharon1964 here you go and calorie free...

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

Edited by nyteacher125

And they commented..told ya..

You talkin' to me?

LOL!

I've been on the internet since the dial-up AOL days (yes, I'm that old). This is a never-ending complaint... and no one is ever happy with the results. Over-moderate and people complain that discussion and debate is being stifled. Under-moderate and people get nasty. This site has nothing on parenting sites, BTW. LOL.

In the AOL days, a bunch of us used to hang around chat rooms "trolling for SNERTS" (snot-nosed egotistical rude twerps) and our entertainment would be messing with them. I don't have the time or energy for that anymore, so I just employ the rule "take what helps you, ignore the rest, and move along".

Edited to add: Seriously, if you want to see how vile and nasty people can get toward each other, venture onto a parenting board and make a statement advocating formula feeding and putting infants in daycare. Then carefully step back and watch the bloodbath commence.

Edited by theantichick

You talkin' to me?

Does the description fit you of being ruse,sarcastic and just plain ignignor be looking down at others if so than Yes your one if them, if not than why question, at any rate ..I've said enough..

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

You talkin' to me?

Does the description fit you of being ruse,sarcastic and just plain ignignor be looking down at others if so than Yes your one if them, if not than why question, at any rate ..I've said enough..

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

Are you serious ?

I've found @@VSGAnn2014 to be one of the sweetest and most supportive people I've ever encountered. Clearly you have her mistaken for someone else.

You must have bumped your head.

Why do I feel like handing out pieces of cake now??? Mmmm. Cake.

Go ahead and give everyone their cake and just let me know where the rest is......'cause I'm gonna hop up on the counter and American Pie that cake into oblivion.

@KristenLe:

I don't want a pat on the back and a "love fest". If I am doing something detrimental to my success - then I'm all for getting a kick in the pants by someone with knowledge.

@Babbs:

But I'm not a butt hurt puss y who gets triggered every time someone gives me a little tough love. Those veterans that you speak of are the reason I've been successful. Honestly. Without their guidance and information and yes, tough love,

@VSGAnn2014:

Or if you're that irritated, just leave. Please.

---

Well, I'll be happy dealing out kicks and sarcasm. However, I prefer receiving answers that stick more to the facts and therefore my answer are usually stick to the facts ones.

Hey, but if some people want or need sarcasm and kicks (this so called "tough love" that IMHO has nothing to do with sarcasm and kicks but with simply speaking the truth about things)... I'll be happy to help in that special way as well. Just tell me you want or need a little spanking or sarcasm. No problem with that.

However, I think I'll need another 1000 or 2000 posts or so to be allowed to do that on here. ;)

Edited by summerset

I've been on the internet since the dial-up AOL days (yes, I'm that old).

Me, too. :lol:

Edited to add: Seriously, if you want to see how vile and nasty people can get toward each other, venture onto a parenting board and make a statement advocating formula feeding and putting infants in daycare. Then carefully step back and watch the bloodbath commence.

I can imagine.

Does anyone find it ironic that this thread is directed at people being rude, sarcastic and "ruining" the forum, but a lot of the posts are doing exactly what the complaint is about lol...

I actually find that quite ironic...

@ the original poster was kind enough to not put the people he was referring to on blast, looks like they did that themselves...

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

@ the original poster was kind enough to not put the people he was referring to on blast, looks like they did that themselves...

Einstein

I Actually don't care who its about..... Everyone has the potential to be mean or rude.... i just think its ironic... just an observation.. i have a warped sense of humor sometimes lol

Edited by AussieGirl81