Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much hair did you lose? And when did it start/stop?

I know this is a common question, but I am just curious to read some responses. So I am 4.5 months out, and I noticed about a month ago that my hair was falling out. I expected this to happen as I had read so much about it. Honestly, it wasn't super traumatic...I just noticed more hair on my brush, and if I was wearing black I'd be picking hair off of my shirt all day...there was also one day I was trying to do dishes and had to stop because my hair fell out and tangled my sponge...lol

Now, it seems to not be falling out as much anymore. Is it possible I got lucky and it only lasted a month, or is this the "calm before the big Storm"?

Just curious as to how long/how much hair everyone else lost. I know it is part of the process, and I have been taking Biotin, all my Vitamins, and getting enough Protein lol

Thanks!!

Edited by provenzee

I started having some hair loss about 3 months out, and I've noticed in the past few weeks that it has really slowed down. My 6 month sleeve-iversary was yesterday, so maybe it's because I am farther out now and have been able to average around 80g of Protein a day consistently?

I did also start taking Biotin, which might have helped. Let me know how things go!

I started losing mine around month 4 ... and it was ALOT ... I was shocked at the amount honestly ... Then around month 7 I noticed it slowing waaaay down ...

I asked my NUT about taking Biotin ..,. she said no ... it was going to fall out anyway ... so don't waste my money on it ...

And too ... I felt that if losing some of my hair was a side effect of losing weight and getting healthy ... BRING IT ON !!!!!! :)

I did not experience any hair loss, but during months 2-4 my nails were as dry and flakey as potato chips. Also my skin got really dry.

I have lost about 40 kilos since mid-December, mostly hair [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Im almost 6 months out and it keeps falling...

I am nearly 7 months out now and losing hair. To be honest, it was the one thing that freaked me out the most about having the surgery to begin with.

My hair started falling out at about the 5 month mark and then slowed down for a couple of weeks, and over the last few weeks has kicked up again. I can see it the most after a shower. I have noticed it is MUCH dryer and is getting thinner. I am worried it will be more severe for me as I have had issues with getting food down until recently (I needed to go back under for a balloon dilation to fix it). So, I don't think I have had a single day where I have reached the 60g of Protein. I am worried as I am getting married in November and don't want to be a balding bride!

I will just have to do what I can and just try to be calm about it (and pray!).