Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer Reading

Last month I read Global Crisis: War, Climate Change & Catastrophe in the Seventeenth Century by Geoffrey Parker. I thought it was a great history book that intertwines the effect of the last Little Ice Age with countries across the globe.

I am a sci fi girl. I'm trying to read more and meet new people so I joined a bookclub through meetup

I am the odd man out on this...and while I loved the Harry Potter books and anything from Tom Clancy's team, I really like non-fiction. Some summer suggestions (and these are very well written and very entertaining)

Sex at Dawn - an absolute game changer in how you see sex and relationships

Confessions of an Ad Man - Classic book on selling and how you can learn to do it better

Why Women have Sex - umm, if you still buy the old Victorian idea that women don't really need sex, READ THIS BOOK (and I don't care what gender you are).

Big Leauge City, how OKC got the Thunder by David Holt...http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2013/8/28/4665362/big-league-city-an-interview-with-okc-state-senator-david-holt-part-1 If you want to understand modern sports, read this book. Plus I have a great deal of pride in my adopted home town and how much it has grown since I have been here.

My favorite book series are Harry Potter and Outlander.

We could be besties! I love Outlander
I am also a huge Outlander fan! I could talk about it for hours! :)

Sent from my KFTT using the BariatricPal App

I love to read! Most recent book I finished was Girl on the Train. It was decent but didn't change my life. I kind of guessed the ending before I finished it. Complicit and Damage Done are two very good YA thriller books that area solid enough for adults to enjoy. Both had crazy endings I couldn't guess.

I'm reading Delirium (another YA but I'm having a hard time getting into it) and listening to Remember Me This Way while I do my landscaping and gardening (thriller).

I love thrillers, YA books, and general fiction. Light reading. I'm much too exhausted to try to do any deep reading at this point in my life but I'll get back to it when I'm no longer raising wild animals (i.e. toddlers).

I love to read! Most recent book I finished was Girl on the Train. It was decent but didn't change my life. I kind of guessed the ending before I finished it. Complicit and Damage Done are two very good YA thriller books that area solid enough for adults to enjoy. Both had crazy endings I couldn't guess.

I'm reading Delirium (another YA but I'm having a hard time getting into it) and listening to Remember Me This Way while I do my landscaping and gardening (thriller).

I love thrillers, YA books, and general fiction. Light reading. I'm much too exhausted to try to do any deep reading at this point in my life but I'll get back to it when I'm no longer raising wild animals (i.e. toddlers).

I did the audiobook for Girl on the Train, and had such a hard time with it! Halfway through and nothing had happened yet. I did finish it though.

I enjoyed Delirium, mainly because it's a bit different than other dystopian novels. It did get a bit unwieldy in later books though.

I don't get to read much for pleasure during the school year - and the summers I tend to get lost in my brain candy beach romances.

I've got these on my list for summer (and recuperation)

Here's to Us - Elin Hilderbrand

First Comes Love - Emily Giffin

I Almost Forgot About You - Terry McMillan

The Vacationers and Modern Lovers - Emma Straub

Two fiction books that I enjoyed listening to...

Nookie Town- what if the wives who didn't have the energy for sex teamed up with the single women in a small NJ town? Funny and insightful

The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo series is continued with a new writer and he is very good.

The Girl in the Spider's Web: A Lisbeth Salander novel, continuing Stieg Larsson's Millennium Series

Anyone from the 70's still alive and remember, "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"?

The next time I'm at the surf and the fish are napping, I'm going to blow the dust off of my copy and take the 20min required to read it.

I still love it. That's one very intelligent seagull---being able to write a book and all...

:)

Excuse me purleese Ms Valentina!!!!!!!!!!! I read Jonathan Livingston Seagull in the 70's and the last time I looked I fairly sure that I'm still alive!!! Cheeky mare!!!!! Think if I look hard enough I might find my original copy as its a book that I never wanted to throw out. I am, by the way, a very accomplished hoarder. Either that or it's because I am a Scot and you know what they say about us-thrifty to the point of parsimony!!!!!! I've still got a pair of Brook's cowboy boots that I bought in '76. Bit battered and worn, but still perfectly serviceable. Like me really x

Soooo, certainly you must still have your neru jacket! :) Mine is white with gold braiding.

We old mares are still able to kick up our heels with these silly fillys, aren't we... :)

Too right girl. The day that I stop kicking my heels up is the day that I turn my toes up!

I just finished Jungle of Stone (about the first serious exploration of the Mayan cities by Stevens & Catherwood in the early 19th century). About to start "The Gene, an intimate history ". I tend to like historical nonfiction and medical history. One I would recommend is "Blood Work" by Holly Tucker. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!

Anyone from the 70's still alive and remember, "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"?

The next time I'm at the surf and the fish are napping, I'm going to blow the dust off of my copy and take the 20min required to read it.

I still love it. That's one very intelligent seagull---being able to write a book and all...

:)

My mom used to have a copy. I haven't read it since the '70s.

One of my favorites is Ann Morrow Lindberg's Gift of the Sea. I give it as a graduation gift often.

I just finished Jungle of Stone (about the first serious exploration of the Mayan cities by Stevens & Catherwood in the early 19th century). About to start "The Gene, an intimate history ". I tend to like historical nonfiction and medical history. One I would recommend is "Blood Work" by Holly Tucker. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!

Have you read The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lach?