Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puréed food ideas please

Hi all. I was sleeved on 6/1. I should be starting puréed food at this point but what I have read for suggestions turns my stomach so I'm still on Protein shakes only. The idea of baby food makes me nauseous. I love cottage cheese but if I'm reading correctly, I need to purée it with a liquid? I feel stupid for asking but I'm starting to get sick of the shakes. Help???

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Can I take a small amount of a low cal and low sodium Soup and purée (like Progresso)that?

I always feel that I need to start by suggesting that you call your bariatric team and let them guide you. They are familiar with your specific plan as well as you personally.

Soooo, the pureed stage can be the most creative level of WLS menus. Anything you can cook in a crock pot and then blend in a blender is a "go". Step out of the box---like chicken cooked in diet root beer in a crock pot sounds whacky, but is really yummy. pureed foods have to be smooth--not tasteless, so don't forget your seasoning.

Cottage cheese just needs to be blended down until smooth.

I hope I have helped a wee bit.

Be creative and have fun with the pureed stage.

Prayers going up for you and your imagination! :)

PS: The Soup question? yes, you can. Better yet, make your own bone soup, add some nutritional Protein (for added Protein and flavoring) and dig in!

I am in this phase right now, and I found a split pea Soup in the frozen section of my grocery store that I found really good, and it had about 13 grams of Protein. I hope this helps some.

Thank you all so so very much! I figured it needed to be bland. I'm a Mexican and Portuguese food person and I like things tasty and spicy. I know the spicy needs to wait. My paperwork showed baby food and watery low sugar oatmeal as suggestions. I'd rather starve! Again, thank you

Thank you all so so very much! I figured it needed to be bland. I'm a Mexican and Portuguese food person and I like things tasty and spicy. I know the spicy needs to wait. My paperwork showed baby food and watery low sugar oatmeal as suggestions. I'd rather starve! Again, thank you

It doesn't necessarily need to be bland. Just take it slow and see what you tolerate.

I'd rather starve than eat baby food too!

Edited by KristenLe

I definitely didn't have bland food. I put Sriracha on everything. Refried Beans, I topped with plain Greek yogurt that was mixed with chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. There are a lot of foods that have flavor in the Puree stage. Think texture not flavor! I liked cream of wheat with banana baby food mixed in, it was actually really flavorful.

This was my Puree stage:

Nutri bullet was my friend.

pureed soft fruit with Chobani Natural yoghurt plus Protein powder
Pureed poached salmon, chicken stock, any yummy and runny sauce
Pureed spinach with yoghurt, chicken stock and cottage cheese
Pureed chicken mince, stock, pureed frozen vegies, cheese sauce
Pureed turkey mince, stock, cheese sauce

Pureed Soups with added yoghurt and Protein Powder (un-flavoured)

I stayed away from red meat in puree stage.

No raw veggies or fruit (bananas and paw paw only), I stewed pears. No stewed apples for me during puree stage.

I was also adding lump free sauces to my purees. If there were few lumps in sauces, I just blasted it all in the Nutri bullet.

Purees had to be Runny! Hence, I was adding stock to all my savoury purees.

Diet Jelly and custard, or diet jelly and Vaalia vanilla yoghurt for desert.
I also made my own banana yoghurt, with cinnamon and vanilla essence with natural yoghurt.

They all tasted good and I didn't have any issues with them.

Good Luck :)

My mother is from Mexico and she makes refried Beans with chorizo and diced jalapeños. Maybe if you blended this mixture it could be tasty and still be compatible to your diet. Maybe minus the jalapeños. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G360T using the BariatricPal App

This was my Puree stage:

Nutri bullet was my friend.

pureed soft fruit with Chobani Natural yoghurt plus Protein powder

Pureed poached salmon, chicken stock, any yummy and runny sauce

Pureed spinach with yoghurt, chicken stock and cottage cheese

Pureed chicken mince, stock, pureed frozen vegies, cheese sauce

Pureed turkey mince, stock, cheese sauce

Pureed Soups with added yoghurt and Protein Powder (un-flavoured)

I stayed away from red meat in puree stage.

No raw veggies or fruit (bananas and paw paw only), I stewed pears. No stewed apples for me during puree stage.

I was also adding lump free sauces to my purees. If there were few lumps in sauces, I just blasted it all in the Nutri bullet.

Purees had to be Runny! Hence, I was adding stock to all my savoury purees.

Diet Jelly and custard, or diet jelly and Vaalia vanilla yoghurt for desert.

I also made my own banana yoghurt, with cinnamon and vanilla essence with natural yoghurt.

They all tasted good and I didn't have any issues with them.

Good Luck :)

Thank you so very much!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Cheers,

Enjoy and Best Wishes :)