Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I guess I would avoid salami and bologna, but I eat deli ham and turkey all the time.

at this point I am not eating enough volume of it to worry about the sodium - but if sodium is a concern for you I'd stick with the lower sodium versions.

one thing I did last weekend was roll up some leftover asparagus stalks in one slice of deli ham (very thin as it is rolled around) and half a slice of really good swiss cheese. then I cut them in half. 2 stalks of asparagus in each roll.

they were FABULOUS as a little snacky treat.

I have done the same with baby spinach in the middle, again so good.

you could spread the ham thinly with some Dijon mustard if that is too your liking. a little tiny smidge of honey mustard might be just the thing.

anyway, you can come up with a satisfying snack that uses deli meat as an ingredient but where the other ingredients are not as sodium heavy if you want.

Boars Head brand has an "All Natural" line of deli meats - there's uncured ham, oven roasted roast beef, roasted chicken and roasted turkey. I've had the chicken and roast beef - they taste great. http://boarshead.com/products/all-natural

My NUT recommended the low sodium Boar's Head deli meat products (turkey, roast beef and ham - said to avoid things like salami and bologna).

You could make roll ups by putting a little cheese on the slice of meat and rolling it up. Even grilling the roll up in a frying pan if you want melty grilled cheese effect.

one of my favorite Snacks is rolling up some deli meat and cheese around a pickle spear. I don't really worry about the sodium because I'm only eating much of it

When i crave pizza I layer deli meats (ham and/or turkey) with some mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes and onions and pop it in the oven for a few minutes. It makes a really nice meal!

I'm 3+ years out and often ask the deli person for 1-3 slices of meat and cheese. I used to get weird looks for placing such a small order, but now they are used to it. Now I get weird looks for other reasons. :D

When I am at home and feeling fancy, I take a slice of avocado, and roll it in pepper jack and ham or turkey. (Sometimes I go wild and add a slice of bacon.). I then throw it in a hot pan and roll it around until the cheese melts. Best roll ups ever.

You can cook up another small piece of chicken breast with your supper and cut that into 1 oz slices to snack on for the next few days if you are hungry between meals; it's a great source of lean Protein.< /p>

I'm 4 weeks out and one of the only things I can comfortably eat is boars head ever roast chicken breast. Apparently it's cooked in broth so it's very moist. I can only eat a slice here or there but it feels like a huge accomplishment & I think it's delicious. I'm not sure of the sodium content but this is a deli meat that was suggested by nutritionist at a support group.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App