Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Big Fat Fabulous Life 2016 Season

I must say , it's so easy to not put ourselves in others shoes and hate! As a matter of fact, I wanted to hate Whitney, but can't. She's smart , funny , beautiful , and it seems like she's genuine . The struggle is real people, hers are just caught on camera. And for anyone that's seen the intervention, that skinny comedian bitch needs to go have a drink, eat a cheeseburger & leave fat people the f alone!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I must say , it's so easy to not put ourselves in others shoes and hate! As a matter of fact, I wanted to hate Whitney, but can't. She's smart , funny , beautiful , and it seems like she's genuine . The struggle is real people, hers are just caught on camera. And for anyone that's seen the intervention, that skinny comedian b***h needs to go have a drink, eat a cheeseburger & leave fat people the f alone!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I disagree. The longer I watched this show, the more I have come to believe that the issue isn't her weight. Weight is a symptom.

She is in deep denial about a lot of things, including her food issues.

She appears to me to be immature, narcissistic, manipulative, and hypocritical. She bullies as much as she claims to be bullied. She has no boundaries.

She is literally and figuratively starved for attention.

Her parents and friends are huge enablers, codependents, and clueless.

As to the comedian, I think she could have been more tactful and I don't agree 100% with what she said and how she said it, but she was brought onto the show for a reason. I lost any shred of respect I had for anyone on that show with the way they treated her.

I hope she was payed well for what she had to put up with.

Just to add:

Her life is not fabulous. It could be, but nothing she is doing right now is going to make it so. I think her life is very sad.

She can't dance. She LIKES to dance (which is great), but she has no skill or technique. She "teaches" dance but doesn't have the skill or endurance to do so.

I think she is wasting a HUGE opportunity to create the life she wants with this TV show. Rather than a showcase for her need for attention, she COULD use the resources and time filming this show doing so many more productive things (whether or not related to her weight).

I think we miss the whole topic of the show. It's a reality TV show right? It's not an infomercial or a documentary on the life and times of a celebrity.

It's an average person struggling through her life, issues and all. Yes she has issues, who doesn't? Why are you on this sight? Because you don't have issues with weight, food, body image?

The message that Whitney is trying to convey on the show I think is valid and the comedian only served to prove this. Weight bias and discrimination and even bullying is very real, and it is very harmful.

Yes, I am a fat woman. I am happy in my fat body. I was happy 80 + and I am happy 80-. I enjoy my food, and I especially love my junk food.

Everything in moderation and that is something we who have food addictions need to learn and apply in our lives. Which doesn't mean that when I am upset I don't resort right back to my gallon of ice cream.

I did not have WLS to lose weight and be a skinny bitch. I had WLS to be healthier and in some ways that worked for me and in some ways that worked against me, as I have had many issues with my health after as well as before be they different yes that is true.

When she says she's happy in her body and as a fat woman I think she is being real. She is not apologizing for who she is. Good bad or ugly, she's living her life. Does that mean it's right?...right for you? Me? Nope it's right for her right now. It's who she is and where she is. Does she have work to do on things....yes...me too. How about you?

Denial is one of the steps in the learning process, and I applaud her friends and family for loving her no matter what and also for being real enough with her to tell her their concerns but loving her anyway and respecting her choices in her life.

If your family and friends all waked away from you because you decided to have WLS that would have felt horrible! They are there to support her and that's great, I don't see them force feeding her bad food, I see them all trying to help steer her into positive behavior and loving her along the way. I wish more people could be that way for and with each other.

OK...back to work for me :)

It's a scripted reality show - and about as "real" as Kim K's ass! This isn't about body shaming or body image - this is about a serious health problem that will eventually kill her. People are profiting from this! I think it hurts those of us who are obese and actually want to help ourselves! It's insulting!