Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happiness with overall total weight loss so far?

Hi all,

I am 4yr post op from the ds. When I started I was over 500 lbs(515ish), now I am at 198-200 but feel like I am stuck.... I am definitely getting over 110 grams of Protein a day, working out vigorously (I feel anyway), tracking my food with time of day and mood, but I feel like I should at least at my goal by now. How much have you been able to loose, and are you happy with it? I have made myself feel like a failure..

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Oh my gosh, if you're a failure then we should all be failures. You have done amazingly well. You literally saved your life. Focus on being as fit as you can and stop focusing on the number.

You are SO not a failure! You have lost 300lbs in 4 years... that is freaking AMAZING :) You will get where you're going, just keep at it...

if you're still in contact with your nut - talk to them... mine doesn't want me going over 80g of Protein, so you might be getting to much which might be causing you to stall out/go into maintance. Though to be honest - I still haven't figured out how all that works yet. I'm working on it though...

you are stunning example of success! *wild applause*

but it does take a while I think, for our minds to catch up with the accomplishment. and if someone else felt the way you are feeling what would you tell them? sometimes we are more kind to others than we are in our self talk. which is unfortunate.

what is it you are looking for to 'feel' successful?

You've done very well. That's a tremendous loss.

BTW, you're not eating too much Protein. I eat 125+ mg. most days. When I want to lose I eat as much Protein as I can and drink more liquid. I also lower the carbs.

Edited by Postop

Thank yall for the kind words... idk what would have to happen for me to feel successful. I would think definitely think it was amazing if I was talking to someone else..

I know I am way to mean to myself with my self talks.. i am stuck on the number, i want to be single digit size clothing and loose 40ish more lbs

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations.

I got my DS back in 2004. My top weight was 450 and I am now 200 lbs. Unlike you, I am not on a strict regime.

Probably, because of this, I was a slow loser. I lost 100 lbs the first year and then the rest came off over the next twelve years.

My experience is that I keep hitting and plateauing at every set point I started another diet at. I'd go several months without losing a thing and then all the sudden I would drop five to ten pounds. Overall average was and continues to be about a quarter to half a pound a week.

Girl I so get what you're saying. First off, you look AAAAMMMAAAZZIIIINGG!! I agree that it does take time for your mind to catch up with your body. I'm seven years out. Went from 384 to 170 and I still have my days where I feel big as a house!!! Then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and don't recognize the woman staring back at me. Before and after pictures are a good tool for keeping yourself grounded. I workout 4 to 5 times a week too. Eat Protein like a mad woman. It has taken me 5 months just to go from 177 to 170. I would like to get to 160 but feel it will take way too much effort too maintain. My surgeon told me at my annual visit this year to be proud of what's been accomplished. Many people don't get to where we are with the surgery.

Keep doing what you're doing. Take the time to love yourself even more and take in where you started to where you are now.

Although I don't know you, I want to say that I'm proud of you.

Great Work!!!

xoxo

Bariatric Butterfly