Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you buy at Costco?

Rumor has costco is the test store for Premier Protein Shake's new flavor: caramel. Has anyone seen it there?

I have bought more than one case. It is great. I buy chocolate, vanilla and Caramel Premier in addition to the other foods -- fruits, veggies, meats, TP, paper towel. Their Vita Rain -- costco brand Vitamin Water 0 - is great and $6 less a case of 24 than Vitamin Water. I also use their Multivitamin -- I have done so for years.

I got a box of pesto tilapia in the frozen fish area, it was a bag of pre seasoned single iced fish that you can take out one at a time and nuke in the microwave. Tastes so fresh and isn't fishy! I also got some ahi tuna that is single wrapped and seared to perfection. You can take out one portion. And thaw it and eat it with some teriyaki sauce and wasabi. Nice no cook option. And again not fishy tasting.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

and a full lunch of samples while you shop!

I always look forward to the toothpick delicacies, which allow me to check off a meal for free..... ;)

Columbus lunch meat, reduced fat swiss cheese, premade chicken salads, beef Jerky, shrimp, lobster tails, and string cheese.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

@@Dub I know the sugar from fruit can mess with weight loss if you insulin resistant such as myself... Why would cheese not be consistent with your weight loss mode?... Sorry I'm pre op and trying to learn all I can.. Your post are good sources of info and very positive.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

I can only speak in terms for what works........or doesn't work for me.

Others may have had different results.

cheese, while being an ultra-low carb, moderately high Protein food............is primarily composed of fat, thus calorie dense.

That make it's something I avoid. Nuts are in the same category. Both are too calorie dense for my current goals.

Down the road a piece......if and when I'm below goal and trying to maintain through increasing calories (as crazy as that concept seems to me now.....as an obese dude........may be valued low carb, higher Protein add ins to my diet).

For me......at this point in my battle against my weight.......chicken and fish are my two main sources of good Proteins. Admittedly, I use and abuse eggs for Breakfast Proteins about as often as I use Protein powder shakes (difference between work days and off days).

Positive is the only way to approach the way we find ourselves....................

Just a friendly suggestion..... i know that your diet is focused on weight loss, but you might want to add a little fat if you still have a gallbladder... fast weight loss with low carb AND low fat is a recipe to stop the gallbladder working efficiently ☺

I wouldn't want you to have to go through further surgery if it can be avoided by a tiny change.

@

Yes it is a good idea to avoid fruits high in sugar during the weight loss phase.... but berries in general are lower in sugars than some other fruits. ... so if you must have fruits... you have made the better choice.

I personally believe its important to get a balance of nutrients from food... fruits included.... berries in particular are very good in that way... you get sweetness, low sugar and a good deal of antioxidants, flavonoids and micro nutrients

Edited by AussieGirl81

@@Aussiegirl 81... You are correct about fruits... fruit on the low glycemic index such as apples and blueberries are fine... A balanced eating plan is the goal.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

@Dub what Protein shakes do you use?

My new favorite there are frozen marinated chicken skewers I throw on the BBQ.

Also their solid white albacore tuna. For the price of that chunk light stuff at the grocery store.

Got some new ideas from this thread and headed there today to get stuff for DD's graduation party, gonna pick up a few of these ideas--the single portion ahi, the pollack burgers and that Vita Rain!

Dang California prices! Vita Rain was $10.69 and No BOGO on the pollock burgers

I get Mediterranean chicken skewers, in the cold/ deli section... Shrimp..

Einstein

I just bought the chicken skewers today! I love that they are already cooked. How do they taste? I'm gonna be sad eating them without tzataki (sp) sauce tho :(

I think they are tasty, I usually take them off the stick and add them to salad... I'm pre op so I can do that lol... I thought the price was good for all you get... If you live near trader joe's they have grilled chicken strip which are also tasty, depending on where I'm doing errands depends on which one I get... Let me know if you like them

Why can't you make that sauce with Greek yogurt, I know I've seen recipes online for that.

Einstein

Edited by nyteacher125

I think I tried to find those chicken skewers that someone mentioned when I had previously done a "Costco" search but couldn't find them at my costco :(

I get my original Babybels, Morningstar original sausage patties (not real sausage), Premier Protein shakes, and canned tuna from costco. My boyfriend gets his own things from there. We don't really eat any of the same foods. The Babybels are the most important, though. I go through those the fastest :)

post-293349-14656669962885_thumb.jpg post-293349-14656670069329_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@lilbeanie... In my costco there in the deli section... Not sure which aisle.. Maybe next time...

Einstein