Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

European Sleevers Where Are You?

Hi, I'm Queen of Crop, have been on this forum since 2011...had my surgery at age 58 and that was 4.5 years ago. I wrote a book about my first year called Queen of Crop. I have mostly been at goal since a year out (lost 84 lbs or about 40 kilo). I've gained about 5 lbs back recently but am on top of it and will get it off. I need to get back on this forum because I will NOT let myself go back to where I was and I find myself eating too much again.

I'd love to know of a European Community of sleevers. I live in Amsterdam and have met a couple in Switzerland and just today got a notice from someone here in Amsterdam where I live. But there must be more of us, right? I'm American but have been living here since 2011 and had my surgery in Germany. I know there are not as many heavy people here as in the US, but we are a big continent!

WHERE ARE YOU????

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.

QUEEN OF CROP

Hi,

I am French living in Spain (Barcelona). There are a few other Europeans (UK, Belgium) posting on this site.

Take care,

Mico.

Hi,

(Ex:)BigirlEurope from Amsterdam checking in ;)! I had my surgery last November and lost 34kg so far! I also would love to know more people from Europe. All my friendship and support to my fellow sleevers out there!

Hi my name is Denise i am 55 years old, i have been sleeved Jan. 6 th 2016 in Switzerland. So far lost about 30 kilos, would like to loos another 20. All has been well and i feel,so much better. Sometimes some issues with nausea, and difficulty with drinking enough. Can't take plain Water since surgery, So mostly unsweeted icetea. Would love to hear from other people in europe.

Hi Niisi....welcome to our little group...hoping more European sleevers will join. I just met (ex) biggirleurope yesterday! We met at a little cafe here in Amsterdam and it was great to get to know her. Congratulations on your weight loss....exactly the same as my new friend...what part of Switzerland do you live in? I am in Switzterland a few times a year. And as for the drinking with meals, that will go away at some point. I am almost 5 years out and can drink and eat anything...(not such a good thing really). Enjoy your first year, it truly is a honeymoon! Let us know if you ever get to Amsterdam.

Hi queen of crop, just returned from a week in holland. I live in the german part, if you are ever close by let me know. I am in Holland about twice a year.

Hi Niisi...I just returned from a trip to the US, I leave for Switzerland on Saturday for a week...and I'll be gone back to Hawaii for 2 months in the fall, so probably no other trips planned outside of Amsterdam for a while...but please let me know next time you're in Amsterdam! Would love to get a few of us together. Maybe I'll plan something although our little group is still so small...

There aren't that many Europeans on here. I guess my nationality isn't much of a mystery ;)

Welcome Belgian Guy! Actually I'm American (although at the moment not that proud of that fact!) but living in Amsterdam....and yes, there aren't many of us here....but a few. A pity really because I could use some support right now. I am 5 years out and in the last year gained almost 3K. I'm freaking out a bit espeicially with the holidays coming up.

So far I am just 9months old and it has been nothing but weightloss without any interrumption (with slow downs though), I am very happy about this!

Have you had your surgery in the US or in Europe? Amsterdam is a great vibrant city, it's a nice choice to establish yourself in Europe :)

I had my surgery in Frankfurt with Dr. Rudolph Weiner....5 years last October....have been at my goal weight until just a month ago and I gained 6 lbs on vacation...having a hard time getting them off, but all in all, this is the best think I ever did for myself.

Have been living in Amsterdam for 4 years...I had my surgery when I was traveling for a year...and wrote a book about my weight loss and travel adventures...it's called Queen of Crop....because I used to 'crop' myself out of all my photos! Not any more!