Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a week short of 2 months out and feel like I could eat more now.

For example, I just had a 6" turkey breast flatbread with onions, green pepper and tomatoes with a tiny bit of honey mustard from subway.

I ate 3" took a break and ate the other 3" about a half hour later.

Did I eat to large of a meal? And did I eat the other half to soon?

Best,

Sanju

Well, first of all you ate bread. One of the #1 postop rules is no bread, Pasta, rice, or simple carbs during the losing phase. And secondly, yes, that's a boatload of food. I'm 2 1/2 years out and can't eat that much (and I STILL wouldn't eat that much bread even if I could). Weren't you given a diet plan with portion guidelines? Told about grazing? Your sleeve can only do so much. What and how frequently you eat are still your responsibility.

Don't mean to preach, but if you want the simple answers to your questions, they are "yes" and "yes".

Well, first of all you ate bread. One of the #1 postop rules is no bread, Pasta, rice, or simple carbs during the losing phase. And secondly, yes, that's a boatload of food. I'm 2 1/2 years out and can't eat that much (and I STILL wouldn't eat that much bread even if I could). Weren't you given a diet plan with portion guidelines? Told about grazing? Your sleeve can only do so much. What and how frequently you eat are still your responsibility.

Don't mean to preach, but if you want the simple answers to your questions, they are "yes" and "yes".

Okay,

1. My doctor allows my 40-60 carbs a day because I train as a wrestler. Your guidelines are yours.

2. A "boatload" of food for you, you cannot eat that much. But for me, I just did. I do not feel like I'm uncomfortably full, I feel normal. Don't apply your situation to everyone else when giving advice.

3. Your style of "advice" is not advice, it is condescending. People come here for advice, not to be parented and looked down upon. We are all adults.

4. I track everything. Calories in, calories out. Macros, and micros. My question was simple in nature. If you thought it was too much, too quick, all you needed to do was leave your last bit. You could hold off on the rest.

Best,

Sanju

Okay,

1. My doctor allows my 40-60 carbs a day because I train as a wrestler. Your guidelines are yours.

2. A "boatload" of food for you, you cannot eat that much. But for me, I just did. I do not feel like I'm uncomfortably full, I feel normal. Don't apply your situation to everyone else when giving advice.

3. Your style of "advice" is not advice, it is condescending. People come here for advice, not to be parented and looked down upon. We are all adults.

4. I track everything. Calories in, calories out. Macros, and micros. My question was simple in nature. If you thought it was too much, too quick, all you needed to do was leave your last bit. You could hold off on the rest.

Best,

Sanju

Also, I am taking your advice on proportion seriously. This is first time I ate this much in this short of a period. My worries came from the fact I did not feel full more than actually eating what I ate...

Best,

Sanju

seems a bit much and too soon to me.

I don't eat to feel "full" I eat to meet my goals and to not feel hungry. there is a difference and our long term success probably depends on this one fact.

I tend to eat every 3 hours or so - so provided all that bread is in your plans - and how many carbs are in a 6 inch flatbread anyway? I honestly have no idea. perhaps it would have been better to wrap up the other part for later or the next day.

I don't have those guidelines either.. I'm allowed to have Pasta and rice and bread just was told not to make a habit of it to eat it everyday. I think it's normal that you took a break, I always do that and it's good you finished the meal. Because you train so severely, it's normal for you to have a higher calorie intake/eat more because you're working out all the time no?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

For example, I just had a 6" turkey breast flatbread with onions, green pepper and tomatoes with a tiny bit of honey mustard from subway.

Best,

Sanju

Okay,

Best,

Sanju

Sooooo....

If you are so sure, why did you bother to ask?

Well, If you track everything you eat and what you ate fit within your guidelines and your guidelines are resulting in losing weight and you are ultimately able to maintain that loss with your subsequent eating patterns years down the line then the answers to your questions are "no" and "no".

Sounds like you and your doctor have a great plan laid out, so it doesn't appear you need anyone's advice. Especially if it's not the advice you were looking for.

I don't have those guidelines either.. I'm allowed to have Pasta and rice and bread just was told not to make a habit of it to eat it everyday. I think it's normal that you took a break, I always do that and it's good you finished the meal. Because you train so severely, it's normal for you to have a higher calorie intake/eat more because you're working out all the time no?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This really is not the way things should be post WLS. No, it's not good he ate the whole meal. We are supposed to be restricting our portions and allowing the sleeve to work for us - not working around it. If you eat too much and too often - you will be less successful. I don't know any plan that allows bread, Pasta and rice - especially this soon out. When you are allowed carbs because of training - I imagine they'd prefer healthy carbs. A 6" flatbread has 38gms carbs. I'm sorry if you don't like the responses but they're honest.

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

Best,

Sanju

Okay,

Best,

Sanju

Sooooo....

If you are so sure, why did you bother to ask?

I never stated that I am sure. I said that I was able to eat it, and I did not feel uncomfortable in anyway. I also stated in my second reply that I will take the proportions advice seriously, as for some reason I am able to eat more without feeling the way most of the community may have felt post wls.

Best,

Sanju

@@sanjumelts

at 2 months out, You are fairly new to the forum. Take advice that is useful...The advice that doesn't apply and let it fly. Try not to take things personally..People will answer with advice from their experiences. My suggestion is to be open to other peoples perspective.

All of our instructions are different. Yes, you will be able to eat more as you progress after surgery. Check with your dietician or Dr. with your concerns about stomach stretching and eating too much.

I'm not a wrestler. I am a distance runner. I easily burn over 1200 calories on 13.1 mile runs. I run three days a week and weight lift 3 days a week. I use a sports medicine dietician.

Best of luck to you.

Nutrition Facts

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/subway-6-inch-turkey-on-flatbread-american-cheese-spinach-tomato-cucumber-deli-mustard-16414025

Oh goody! Is this the thread where the newbie comes in and asks a question and then gets all huffy when they don't like the answer?

I thought so.

Alright, before this gets any more hostile... I have come to this forum for advice many times before and there are some great people that offer great knowledge without passing judgement.

I'm this case, I came here worried about not feeling full when I realized I had ate a lot more than I had ate in over 2 months. This was while having dinner and preparing my lecture for class for tomorrow morning.

So it is my fault that I asked the question I already knew the answer for. What I should have asked is why I was able to even consume this meal without realizing I was more than full.

But In my opinion, the answer I received seemed of the shaming nature. This is my opinion, you do not have to agree. I am strongly against shaming of any form, especially on public forums. We are all here for advice and to learn. There are ways to give advice without sounding completely negative.

Yes I ate to much this time, but no that does not mean that I do not know the guidelines, or know about grazing, or not have a diet plan. I am not saying that I know it all, there was a reason for asking.

Best,

Sanju

Edited by sanjumelts

@@sanjumelts

It's all good. Like any forum, you may have some miscommunication at times.

Some days I have received a reality check or a loving slap to the head from my bariatric veterans.I am grateful for their advice. For the most part they mean well. ;)

@@sanjumelts

It's all good. Like any forum, you may have some miscommunication at times.

Some days I have received a reality check or a loving slap to the head from my bariatric veterans.I am grateful for their advice. For the most part they mean well. ;)

Haha well I was ready to pass this as miscommunication but after reading what the great, high ranked, bariatric God @@Babbs has to say about this, and viewing that my original respondent liked such a immature response of this sort, I can whole heartedly say that there was no miscommunication.

This is the definition of shaming someone for being new, and stereotyping me as part of a group I did not know existed.

This is immaturity, and says a lot about someone's character.

At any given point there are more new members than old members. And at one point, the old members were new members. So, everone, quit passing judgment and putting yourself higher than others.

Best,

Sanju