Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we have sugar free ice cream? I know I can have sugar free Jello

@@NatashaSaysRawr

http://www.halotop.com/

ht-web-elements_nutrition-van.png

I have 35 g of this at a time, which is about 1/2 a serving. I measure my serving, and put the rest in the freeze. I mean even if you snarfed the whole pint the calories and Protein are better than a lot of things WLS patients eat.

It can be hard to find though, you need a high end grocery store. And it is $5.49-5.99 a pint. A pint lasts me 2 weeks to a month.

If ice cream is your weakness then don't try this, it tastes just like ice cream. I don't really like ice cream, and I use use this to add some moisture to my Protein brownies some of the time. The lemon, strawberry, and vanilla are delicious.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

I love ice cream, but will avoid it most of the time so as to not tempt fate (too many calories, carbs, and too easy to overeat). If I do have some, I usually will only eat a bite or two of my husband's dish of ice cream. That tends to satisfy me. Also, sometimes a squirt or two of Redi Whip (or the store equivalent) suffices for a "dessert" when at home.

@@NatashaSaysRawr

http://www.halotop.com/

ht-web-elements_nutrition-van.png

I have 35 g of this at a time, which is about 1/2 a serving. I measure my serving, and put the rest in the freeze. I mean even if you snarfed the whole pint the calories and Protein are better than a lot of things WLS patients eat.

It can be hard to find though, you need a high end grocery store. And it is $5.49-5.99 a pint. A pint lasts me 2 weeks to a month.

If ice cream is your weakness then don't try this, it tastes just like ice cream. I don't really like ice cream, and I use use this to add some moisture to my Protein brownies some of the time. The lemon, strawberry, and vanilla are delicious.

How about lactose ice cream?

Not on my plan, too many carbs and calories and too little Protein.[/quote

How about the lactose one?

Is there such a thing or aren't they no sugar added? Too many calories...and a slider.

Yes there's suck thing

You mean a lactose free one?

If the info in your profile is correct, you're three months out. Your sleeve should be tolerating a lot of different foods by now.

The question is, if you "can" have something, should you?

We don't know anything about your surgeon's postop instructions - whether you have Protein, calorie, or carb targets and/or restrictions. We don't know what foods are craving triggers for you.

So honestly, this is a question you have to ask yourself, and be prepared to ask for the rest of your life: Is this choice on my plan? Will my sleeve tolerate it? How will I feel after I make this choice? Will it get me closer to my goal(s)?

Then you make your choice based on that, not what a bunch of strangers on the internet say. We aren't the food police.

@@NatashaSaysRawr

I don't look for lactose free stuff, I don't need it.

If that is the case, just make your own ice cream with almond milk and coconut cream.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

You mean a lactose free one?

If the info in your profile is correct, you're three months out. Your sleeve should be tolerating a lot of different foods by now.

The question is, if you "can" have something, should you?

We don't know anything about your surgeon's postop instructions - whether you have Protein, calorie, or carb targets and/or restrictions. We don't know what foods are craving triggers for you.

So honestly, this is a question you have to ask yourself, and be prepared to ask for the rest of your life: Is this choice on my plan? Will my sleeve tolerate it? How will I feel after I make this choice? Will it get me closer to my goal(s)?

Then you make your choice based on that, not what a bunch of strangers on the internet say. We aren't the food police.

I basically wanted opinions an how others tolerate it

Then it would be a good idea to say that in your question, wouldn't it?

Speaking only for myself, the dealbreaker for me is the presence of sugar alcohols. My sleeve doesn't have a problem with them but my gut sure does. I've lost my taste for sweets, anyhow, so seeking out sugar-free, lactose free ice cream isn't on my radar.

Then it would be a good idea to say that in your question, wouldn't it?

Speaking only for myself, the dealbreaker for me is the presence of sugar alcohols. My sleeve doesn't have a problem with them but my gut sure does. I've lost my taste for sweets, anyhow, so seeking out sugar-free, lactose free ice cream isn't on my radar.

I mean I did say can we? And ahhhh ok thank you

When I would do "low carb" diets in the past, frozen cool whip was a wonderful treat. Smooth and creamy and little to no carbs. I would add a small amount of SF choc Syrup sometimes. Too early in my post-sleeved journey to try it now but may use it later down the line for cravings.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I freeze Protein Shakes and eat them like ice cream. Torani syrups and different Protein powders lend themselves to unlimited flavors....chocolate Peanut Butter, vanilla almond, chocolate hazelnut, banana nut, caramel red velvet cake, cake batter and cookie dough, strawberry, raspberry cake, Irish cream, peppermint, vanilla coconut.....mmmmmm.

@@NatashaSaysRawr

Can we have sugar free ice cream? I know I can have sugar free Jello. I basically wanted opinions an how others tolerate it.

My sleeve can tolerate about anything..(The exception is brown rice. its not my friend) ;)

So it all comes down to food choices.

(1) is it on my plan?

(2) Am I getting the best nutrition to fuel my body with this choice?

(3) Is their a healthier option?

(4) Is this food choice going to cause food triggers and weight gain?

(5) Be willing to except the consequences of your choice.