Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Does the First One Happen {I'm Scared}

I had many, many stalls, was on the slower side with losing, but I made it. Almost 2 years out and maintaining for almost a year, none of that even matters anymore. Keep your eye on the prize, be patient and persistent, and you'll get there.

I'm doing Zumba for 15 mins a day (that's all I can take) and then walking the other 15 minutes. 64-80 oz per day. 75-85 grams of Protein.< /p>

I was just walking 30 mins per day but added in the Zumba 3 days ago in hopes that it would help me start losing (because it really gets my heart rate up)

Edited by Katrinakit

Wow you guys are wild.. I'm still feeling like it's a work out just to take care of myself (do daily needed tasks: make my food, make the bed, dress, bathe etc) + walk back and forth in the house for laps several times a day... I can't imagine doing anymore strenuous exercise right now because i'm still in a constantly post-opp fatigue. I'm struggling to get in enough Protein so I'm calling my nurse today to see if I might be able to add in a little puree or soft food to try to help myself push through and get in more Protein. :)

I'm in the middle of my first stall right now. I lost weight until day 10 post op and then nothing for going on 12 days ( I am actually 0.4 pounds up at the moment) As someone whose body always fights losing weight, I can completely relate to the stress and frustration. I am worried that I will be blamed for my lack of weight loss because that's what has happened in the past on Doctor supervised diets. I'm hoping my stall breaks before my next appointment next week because if it doesn't then I will have not lost ANY weight since previous appointment. Medical professionals do not always act like they understand that stalls happen so I am just worried they are going to blame me. But what am I supposed to do except get in my Protein and Fluid and do my daily walking? I have only lost 11-12 pounds since surgery and my starting BMI was higher than most and I did RNY which is supposed to lead to faster weight loss. I am averaging 600 calories a day of intake. I totally relate but I just keep telling myself that I have to lose weight at some point!

600 calories may be too low. Have you talked to your NUT? One thing that can prolong stalls is not getting enough calories to support your activity level.

What is your Protein target? Are you reaching your protein target every day?

I seem to have stalled after week 2. After a huge loss in week 1. So far I've been advised this is quiet normal. I had been freaking myself out that there was something wrong with me- so don't stress. It seems to be very common to happen even at an early stage! Best of luck with your journey x

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am reaching my targets but it is hard for me to eat much more and still get my Fluid in at this point so maybe, as my pouch inflammation subsides, I will be able to eat more and lose.

Wow you guys are wild.. I'm still feeling like it's a work out just to take care of myself (do daily needed tasks: make my food, make the bed, dress, bathe etc) + walk back and forth in the house for laps several times a day... I can't imagine doing anymore strenuous exercise right now because i'm still in a constantly post-opp fatigue. I'm struggling to get in enough Protein so I'm calling my nurse today to see if I might be able to add in a little puree or soft food to try to help myself push through and get in more protein. :)

Before this week I was feeling like I was exhausted pretty quickly. Even now, I feel like I could have lasted in Zumba much longer prior to surgery. But I was fairly active beforehand so this is weird for me.

I hit a stall about a month back onto the regular diet.... ( after the liquid soft stages) This is what I found as I have gone through it... the stall will pass the more you stress over it the worse off your gonna feel about it. They happen and you can't stop them. Eat three meals a day no matter what. I noticed when I didn't eat the weight stopped coming off. If you can have a healthy snack to. Make sure you get your Protein. And its better from food then the Protein drinks. weigh your food....and trust that it really does work. I remember when my first stall hit I thought ohh its not gonna work for me nothing ever does etc etc... all the same stuff I use to think when I tried a new diet. It will work for you... it works and very well... just eat the ounces the doc said you can through your stall... For me I can have four ounces so I eat four ounces a meal... and all Protein no carbs.... That's what has worked for me and per my docs instructions. And don't forget your Vitamins and Fiber chews or colace.... you want it or you won't like having to go to the bathroom. You can do this... Beck IF I can anyone can.. :) You got this believe in you I do!

Wow you guys are wild.. I'm still feeling like it's a work out just to take care of myself (do daily needed tasks: make my food, make the bed, dress, bathe etc) + walk back and forth in the house for laps several times a day... I can't imagine doing anymore strenuous exercise right now because i'm still in a constantly post-opp fatigue. I'm struggling to get in enough Protein so I'm calling my nurse today to see if I might be able to add in a little puree or soft food to try to help myself push through and get in more Protein. :)

Im a lil over 6 months out now... and am still having energy issues. So don't be so hard on yourself... When your body is healed and ready it will let you know... you will be able to do more....it heals lsts faster on the outside then the inside so go at a pace that you can handle. its not an overnight journey... its a lifetime one... so take your time... let yourself heal.... and its a physical and mental one... so do you...

I can't imagine doing anymore strenuous exercise right now because i'm still in a constantly post-opp fatigue.

I had surgery on 24/05 and I still feel that fatigue. I usually sleep a little bit during the afternoon. As for exercise. I started walking the dog again on Saturday but I can definitely notice the difference when comparing to pre-op. I also feel a little bit dizzy after walking stairs. Should be better during the next few days.

I usually do yoga, bodyweight exercise and some HIT but my abdominal wall tells me to take it easy for another week or two. I also plan on starting running again (had to stop after bumping my knee cap really bad over a year ago and never came back into running so far).