Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When online dating didnt work out....

@@MissB1982 I understand what you are saying, I guess I just felt like maybe I should see what other women could offer outside my type but that hasn't even had any success. I've kinda left the whole dating site thing alone for now.

@@Daveo

Maybe try a different approach.. maybe a cheeky comment or something funny... in a pool full of fish. .. sometimes one needs to try something to stand out from the crowd... update your profile to let your true personality shine.

Imagine how boring it is look through 50 profiles that say...

"Hi, im bob... i like dogs and long walks on the beach..."

If it said something like.. "hi, im bob... and i can do somersaults whilst holding my breath under Water whilst juggling" that would more likely get my interest to read further

Work with your strengths... make a personal list to yourself writing down your strengths and weaknesses.... then choose a few key ones to update your profile.

As they say... if you keep doing what you usually do.. you will continue to get the same results

Let's give it a go....

Write me a short synopsis of your personality to try and get my interest.... I'm sure all us women are willing to give you constructive criticism or advice (and for the meanies out there... i mean constructive NOT mean)

Edited by AussieGirl81

@ thank you for that, I'm going to have to think of what to say! as soon as I do I'll post it.

@ thank you for that, I'm going to have to think of what to say! as soon as I do I'll post it.

Cool looking forward to it.... i am happy to "review" and give you an honest opinion... and make suggestions.

Sometimes we think we are projecting ourselves in a certain way... but are being perceived in another.

Anyone else need help with their profile?. .. i think it would be a fun exercise

@@Daveo understandable, trust me I've done the same thing with horrible results. I hope you find what you're looking for ????

Once I'm post op I'll be taking you up on that offer... Your from Australia correct?... I just think attitudes are much more lighthearted outside of the states.. Maybe I should only speak for NY since that's where I live... Very kind offer

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

Edited by nyteacher125

I have done online dating on and off for a few years. I had a lot of dates and one serious relationship from it. Yes, there are weirdos but my biggest problem was so many boring, inactive guys. I am a high energy, active, articulate, outgoing person and I just kept meeting people that didn't appeal to me. Also, I am early 50s....but still have a strong interest in a physical relationship and that was a problem in that relationship I mentioned.

So, I took about 5-6 months off, and made a list of how I was going to meet compatible men.... I had plans of going to car shows, gun range, etc etc. I also decided I was going to way open my criteria. I could not handle POF, OKCUPID, match etc any longer - just jaded and done with it.

On a whim, I did something crazy and placed a very thoughtful, detailed and blunt ad on Craigslist. I was OVERWHELMED with responses and most of them were thoughtful and good. My ad was flagged in the first 10-12 hours but I still got more responses then I could read. Most of them were like 'thank God, intelligent life does exist".

I met 5 men, had ongoing dates with 2 of them for a month. It was clear early on that I really liked M, but I held off and kept things pretty "light" for that month.

I met his friends, he met mine, but we didn't even kiss until weeks into this. I don't know if it will work out, but we are having a blast together and are at almost 4 months! I see him pretty much daily, he is learning to ride horses, I am learning to golf. His friends are becoming mine, I have hosted a few parties with everyone there. One of my pals is inviting his peeps to her next BBQ ETC. He is by far the best boyfriend I have ever had and we are pretty crazy about each other.

Moral of the story is like everyone said, it takes time and a lot of toad kissing. Also, I think being really blunt and clear is helpful because I attracted just the energy that I wanted. There are a few things about him that would have previously caused me to not pursue things....but I said to myself " dang it, I want a boyfriend this summer so the heck with that!" I am glad I did because he has turned out to be a much better human being than I ever thought.

Once I'm post op I'll be taking you up on that offer... Your from Australia correct?... I just think attitudes are much more lighthearted outside of the states.. Maybe I should only speak for NY since that's where I live... Very kind offer

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

Hey... sorry i just saw the post, i didn't realise you were referring to me

Yes i am from Australia.... we are a laid back bunch... but i think dating issues are universal.

I have been to the states many times, and yes, in relation to being lighthearted i think we are much more laid back....

one thing i did notice was how angry alot of people were... funnily enough i found the people on California much more aggressive than New York .. which i didn't expect....

but i did meet many lovely people on my trips... everyone i met were crazy about my accent.. which i don't even realise i have hahaha

I was single when i went... so when we went to night clubs... the "pick up" style was a lot more straight forward compared to here.... aussie guys are a lot more subtle hahaha

aussie guys are a lot more subtle

Yes, yes we are...

I have a hard time relating to this. Perhaps the ones you export are the drunken frat boys? ;)

Yes, yes we are...

I have a hard time relating to this. Perhaps the ones you export are the drunken frat boys? ;)

Yes, yes we are...
I think like any traveller... they let loose a lot more when overseas.

For eg. Here... an aussie guy will make small talk, dance with you, ask to buy you a drink etc.

In the states, there were like.... hey, you are hot... what's your number, give me a kiss lol ... not so subtle hahaha

I CLEARLY go to the wrong bars! I have been asked to dance, offered drinks (ok, one time a guy didnt even ask he just delivered a drink which I thought was pretty gutsy), asked for phone number etc... but I am in Seattle which in spite of our "liberal" reputation is actually a pretty conservative place in many regards.

Yes, yes we are...
I think like any traveller... they let loose a lot more when overseas.

For eg. Here... an aussie guy will make small talk, dance with you, ask to buy you a drink etc.

In the states, there were like.... hey, you are hot... what's your number, give me a kiss lol ... not so subtle hahaha

Or alternatively i could be just attracting all the weirdos... hahahaha .. weirdos like me... they recognize their own kind hehe [emoji12]